It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All Lives Matter' march draws more than 20,000 in Alabama

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

This is the same thing as if your friends mother dies, and you go to the wake and starting crying "my mother died too!" at the funeral.

Except the people involved were actually instrumental in the Civil Rights movement, including Martin Luther Kings own family

And the fact that they were peaceful and nothing happened

And the fact that they came there with a purpose, and carried through with it....

Sorry, your analogy doesnt work

I love how people on here are bashing this, in comparison to BLM , and yet its ACTUALL CIVIL RIGHTS FIGHTERS from the 50s and 60s, who were THERE, and were ACTIVE, and even almost DIED, that are helping put this thing on

And BLM people are still saying "Nope not the same , its hypocritical"

I swear Martin Luther King could come out and publicly denounce BLM and you people would call him a traitor and say he was irrelevant

LoL the hypocrisy is amazing

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But if one movement is meant to divide and degrade the other how does that represent unity?

If this protest movement is meant to divide and degrade other protest movements it is doomed to fail.

I am reminded of the protests in the lead up to the ground invasion of Iraq and again, although it did not achieve the desired result (because it was pre-planned to occur by the neocons - but that another topic), it did bring many people together who perhaps may never have united under normal or other circumstances.

edit on 31-8-2015 by Sublimecraft because: inserted quote tags

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

And I don't think BLM is about saying their lives matter more.

It is saying they matter the same.

To me it is only the people that have something against the movement that want it to mean they are saying BLM matter more.

Just think we should leave MLK out of it since only one person knows if he would of been apart of or against it.
And we can't ask him.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yeah, it says I don't fall for televangelicalesque BS. I support authenticity

No you fall for Racist, and violent BS from a group of people who are actually turning on their own Civil Rights champions....

This wasnt just Glenn, these were people who played a pivital roll in the Civil Rights battles of the 50-60s and some were injured and almost killed doing so

The difference is they are espousing UNITY and Love, and not hatred and Division

You say you dont fall for Televangelical BS,

No you fall for worse, you fall for hate and vitriol

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

If this protest movement is meant to divide and degrade other protest movements it is doomed to fail.

I am reminded of the protests in the lead up to the ground invasion of Iraq and again, although it did not achieve the desired result (because it was pre-planned to occur by the neocons - but that another topic), it did bring many people together who perhaps may never have united under normal or other circumstances.

Where , in ANY of the things that were done this weekend was there any division?

there was none

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Well that is what seems to be the point of the all lives matter, to degrade or belittle the BLM.

As it was no where to be seen until the BLM started.

Feel like those part of the ALM wouldn't be part of the BLM and that would seem to defeat the purpose.

All my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Sublimecraft

But if one movement is meant to divide and degrade the other how does that represent unity?

Please point out where this was divisive at all

Please point out where there were any racial slurs

All colors and creeds were there arm in arm........

Stand behind your statement and show me where this was divisive at all

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Members of the community are getting sick of it as well.

Message to the Black Lives Matter Movement

Peggy Hubbard talks about Ferguson and Protests

Hubbard Don Lemon CNN Interview

edit on 31-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Well that is what seems to be the point of the all lives matter, to degrade or belittle the BLM.

where did they do that?

As it was no where to be seen until the BLM started.

Thats because anyone with common sense can see that line of thinking is Devisive, no ALL lives matter, its common sense

It was no where to be seen because we didnt think there was an actual NEED to have to say it

Feel like those part of the ALM wouldn't be part of the BLM and that would seem to defeat the purpose.

All my opinion though.

as long as they are yelling racist chants, and calling for "Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon"

Probably not.....

Especially not Alevida King, Martin Luther Kings niece, and Biship Lowe, both black civil rights activists......

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

a reply to: Willtell
Just think we should leave MLK out of it since only one person knows if he would of been apart of or against it.
And we can't ask him.

Can you honestly say your opinion on this would be the same if Alveda King was marching with BLM?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

No, MLK is not Alveda.

I am sure we are talking about her anti abortion rant?

That is fine that she holds those views, does that somehow extrapolate that MLK would hold the same?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Seeing as how that is how it sprung up, that people were mad that it was black lives matter, that is what it seems to me.

That was just my opinion on it, the timing of spring up and those using the all lives matter as a counter to the BLM is what formed it.
ETA:
I should say that I agree that chant was completely off base but wouldn't say that march speaks for the whole movement.
That MLK wouldn't be a part of.
But I would also say if he was part of that march it wouldn't of happened.

It might have been this thread or another that I said they do need to calm down and get better organized.
edit on stMon, 31 Aug 2015 19:36:55 -0500America/Chicago820155580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's fine.

I can show you 3 white guys that are against the confederate flag, would that change your opinion on it?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

That's fine.

I can show you 3 white guys that are against the confederate flag, would that change your opinion on it?

Ummm... considering I am a Yankee (my grandparents got off the boat long after the civil war) and don't give one crap about a confederate flag (other than the insanity of it all the hype), why would I?

LOL, you must be thinking of someone else.
edit on 31-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The next time someone says ‘all lives matter'

The best explanation we’ve seen so far comes from Reddit, of all places. Earlier this week, in an “Explain Like I’m 5” thread, user GeekAesthete explained, clearly and succinctly, why changing #BlackLivesMatter to #AllLivesMatter is an act of erasure that makes lots of people cringe:

Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

The problem is that the statement “I should get my fair share” had an implicit “too” at the end: “I should get my fair share, too, just like everyone else.” But your dad’s response treated your statement as though you meant “only I should get my fair share”, which clearly was not your intention. As a result, his statement that “everyone should get their fair share,” while true, only served to ignore the problem you were trying to point out.

"All lives matter" is a purposeful reactionary meme meant to take away attention from the BLM movement. It is not a "unity" movement, it's a logical fallacy movement... unfortunately, now many people are erroneously jumping on board sincerely believing that it is a unity movement.

Remember folks, when this whole BLM thing first took off and politicians were asked by journalists what they thought of the movement, many of them jumped at the opportunity to say "all lives matter". Stating the obvious without actually addressing the specific topic/question (systemic racial problems within the police force), was a purposeful way to shut down a question they did not want to answer.

And a number of those same politicians have been called out on it and are now having to backpeddle.

It's a commonly used 'avoiding the issue' fallacy.
Redirection, avoidance, erasure, ignoring...

This is why the "all lives matter" meme will completely fail to address the actual racial problems going on in the US... ignoring and 'poo-pooing' a specific problem will not fix that specific problem.

Don't get baited by the blatantly obvious redirection of this meme.

Just tossing out my $.02 worth.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Wrong. Completely, utterly wrong. Spit up the millennial kool-aid you drank and stop regurgitating the pablum.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Like proof that Soros was behind Occupy? Debunked!

What do Public Park defecators who were organized by Commies have to do with BLM vs All Lives Matter?
Soros' Foundations funneled money into their movement, probably paid for the clowns with the megaphones leading the zombie collective in their chants.

George Soros funds Ferguson protests, hopes to spur civil action

At the end of the #BlackLivesMatter march, organizers met with civil rights groups like the Organization for Black Struggle and Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment to strategize their operations moving forward, Ms. Solomon wrote. OBS and MORE are also funded by Mr. Soros.

Washingtontimes Source

Back on topic, I can categorize from this thread that you hate Beck, you hate Republicans, you hate people like MLK's relative who chose ALM over BLM, and you hate the fact that 20,000 showed up for ALM whereas BLM only has the small numbers to label them the militant fundamentalists they really are. And the icing on the cake is that you love to hide any Soros funding.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

What is wrong about it?
That is exactly what happened... It wasn't until the BLM came that the ALM started.

And if I posted 3 videos of people saying that all the people protesting for the flag need to stop or chill or what ever would that change your thoughts on it in anyway?

The answer should be no because they don't represent everyone.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

So......you're surprised the MSM didn't cover this?

Silly Rabbit!
Don't you know that everything in the US is "all about the blacks" and their chosen agenda?

Give,
It
Up!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

really? they sure looked unified to me, when has BLM ever had a gathering that large, that was peaceful and filled with hope and unity instead of hatred, bigotry and slander?

Its not meant to take away anything, its meant to say exactly what it is, All lives matter.......

I saw more unity and love between people of different races in this ONE weekend , then I have since BLM started......

So tell me whose wrong on this one

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join