It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All Lives Matter' march draws more than 20,000 in Alabama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: TheJourney
'All lives matter' is code for 'I have no idea about the systematic injustice that occurs on the basis of race in this country.' AKA 'I'm totally missing the point.'

all lives matter is code for

"whatever race, creed , or color you are you mattter"

Civil rights activists stood with this, do you think you know better?

The idea that 'all lives matter' is contrary to what 'black lives matter' is trying to point out. The issue is that there is systematic prejudice in our legal system, negatively effecting blacks, as if their lives mattered less, particularly since this with much higher frequency ends with death. Police here are so aggressive and reactive in the first place, and perceive blacks as a greater threat, thus they are even more likely to be overly aggressive and reactive. It's not saying black lives matter more, it's saying we need to address these disparities on law enforcement on the basis of race, such that all lives matter equally; in a way that is demonstrable in our legal system. Acting like 'all lives matter' is a contradictory idea demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding.
edit on 1-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I think the "black lives matter" movement, if you can call it that... Is ridiculous.
Just as the "all lives matter" bit is the same.

What do they want to change? People generally suck, and do nasty things to each other, the only control method we have is to place laws against ourselves to try to control ourselves...

That's the best you can do, you aren't going to control people's minds and emotions. You aren't going to change the way some people are.

edit on 9/1/2015 by Brainiac because: more thoughts

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Are you sure about that? I always thought the reaction to crime needs to be proportional to the type of criminals you are dealing with. Overall you can't underestimate anyone who breaks a law, and comes under your observation [if you are a cop] you let your guard down and it could be the last time.

The only thing i did notice is that in New York the proportion to black people stopped and frisked turned out that the majority of them had done nothing wrong, whereas the white people stopped and searched tended to have out of proportion violated a law in some way, such as being armed.

The fact being that lots of blacks were singled out for being suspicious, and had done nothing, and out of the small amount of whites stopped and found to have broken some law [being armed] etc. Showed that the few whites really seemed suspect by the cop, whereas the majority of blacks had done nothing and were free to go but were stopped more often [being black is suspicion enough].

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Brainiac

profiling. we had a long-haired friend who looked like captain jack sparrow. he couldn't walk down a street without police pulling over and questioning him. hehe

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
source

Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

I don't thin k I quite got my point across the first time. ManBehindTheMask, you prey on the weak and make up topics to create outrage. I am really tired of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brainiac
a reply to: TheJourney

Are you sure about that? I always thought the reaction to crime needs to be proportional to the type of criminals you are dealing with. Overall you can't underestimate anyone who breaks a law, and comes under your observation [if you are a cop] you let your guard down and it could be the last time.

The only thing i did notice is that in New York the proportion to black people stopped and frisked turned out that the majority of them had done nothing wrong, whereas the white people stopped and searched tended to have out of proportion violated a law in some way, such as being armed.

The fact being that lots of blacks were singled out for being suspicious, and had done nothing, and out of the small amount of whites stopped and found to have broken some law [being armed] etc. Showed that the few whites really seemed suspect by the cop, whereas the majority of blacks had done nothing and were free to go but were stopped more often [being black is suspicion enough].

And that's where it starts. First, they're seen as suspicious just because they're black. Upon being approached, they are seen as more likely to be an actual threat, so they're extra on edge. The profiling then goes along with general suspicion, rudeness, and aggression, and if the person doesn't just happily accept all of this profiling and mistreatment, then it escalates. More likely to then lead to an arrest. Or in some cases, more likely to lead to a shooting. And then once they're in the system, they're more likely to be charged, and more likely to have a harsher sentence. And all of this is the problem. And this is what 'black lives matter' is trying to address. It's ABOUT all lives mattering equally, whereas right now they are being discriminated against at some level every step of the way with our law enforcement and penal system.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

Actions speak louder than words. And BLMs actions speak volumes of crimes and now people are killing people in there name. I need to find the audio but there was a podcast/radio show that had people saying that blacks need to start killing whites because they are already dying, might as well take a few white people out and use them to get attention.

Graffik

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
“BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - More than 20,000 people including actor Chuck Norris marched the streets of Alabama to bring awareness and raise funds for persecuted Christians in the Middle East.”

This seems a little more targeted than “All Lives”. It’s strange to me that this cause was picked, as a lot of black people convert to Islam. I didn’t see a mention of marching for atheists as well. I would be persecuted too if I were dumb enough to be openly atheist in an Islamic country.

At least people are inspired to air their frustrations. Undercover racists of ALL colors are a potential chemical explosion. The US, like a lot of other countries, has a history of division along many lines. It would be nice if we could give all that up.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Americans marching for "All Lives Matter" is a sick joke given American history is littered with genocide and mass murder.

Deez Nutz 2015

So our legacy as humans is a done deal then? All those who probably have never been involved in a war.. the younger generation.. those with a change of heart.. can't protest in the name of giving value to life?

The bigger pity in the world is the high level of cynicism that pervades many societies. Also, the U.S. is hardly alone in their bloody past. The history of our planet is strewn with violent civilizations. And either they all need to evolve into something less brutal, or yea.. our future and future generations are pretty much screwed. So don't be so quick to dismiss efforts to try and bring attention to the good in the world.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
All Lives Matter is not my preferred banner for our unity.

More and more it's like I'm living in the Twilight Zone.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Americans marching for "All Lives Matter" is a sick joke given American history is littered with genocide and mass murder.

Deez Nutz 2015

In what country has genocide and mass murder NOT occurred? Can't keep harping on the past. People like you are part of this problem.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Deez Nutz 2015

So is African American history....and to this day continues in areas around the world......and still more black lives are lost to other blacks than any other race.....maybe BLM only wants black lives to matter to non-blacks?

BTW....your "drive-by" posts always amuse.......
edit on 9/1/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I am kind of shocked nobody has gone for the obvious #MLM for a new group....My Life Matters...I mean if we are going to single races out, I want to make sure it gets even more finite...down to each person being their very own supporter and protester....My Life Matters!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I am confused?

The march was part of Beck's "Never Again is Now" campaign to raise awareness and funds to aid persecuted Christians in the Middle East.

About 8,500 of Beck's fans registered, at $12 each, to attend a "Restoring Unity" rally at the BJCC Legacy Arena today at noon.

www.al.com...

Demonstrators held signs reading "All Lives Matter," "God is the Answer"

www.al.com...

So...all lives matter? Or just Christian Lives? ...

And with all things Glenn Beck sponsored, I have to ask...who does the counting? 20k people?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I am kind of shocked nobody has gone for the obvious #MLM for a new group....My Life Matters...I mean if we are going to single races out, I want to make sure it gets even more finite...down to each person being their very own supporter and protester....My Life Matters!

I think "My Life Matters" is pretty much the theme for every tweet ever made..."getting coffee at Starbucks!!"

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

OH please.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I think "My Life Matters" is pretty much the theme for every tweet ever made..."getting coffee at Starbucks!!"

Ha! Now that is great...I was just ordering a Jimmy Johns and for the first time ever, I noticed it had a link to tweet or facebook that I had just ordered Jimmy Johns....I thought to myself "Who gives a F$#K?"

It is a very narcissistic/ego-centric society we live in today....#MLM

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

I am confused?

The march was part of Beck's "Never Again is Now" campaign to raise awareness and funds to aid persecuted Christians in the Middle East.

About 8,500 of Beck's fans registered, at $12 each, to attend a "Restoring Unity" rally at the BJCC Legacy Arena today at noon.

www.al.com...

Demonstrators held signs reading "All Lives Matter," "God is the Answer"

www.al.com...

And with all things Glenn Beck sponsored, I have to ask...who does the counting? 20k people?

Very telling, your question.

If it were "Christian" lives that only mattered to them, would the sign not say "Jesus is the answer" not "God"

Seems to me, they are trying to intentionally be all inclusive.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Um...what's so remarkable about this? Im sure there are random groupings of 20,0000 people in Alabama who don't get all sorts of orher things too.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Um...what's so remarkable about this? Im sure there are random groupings of 20,0000 people in Alabama who don't get all sorts of orher things too.

Oh, I don't know, the fact that it's all inclusive, and had civil rights leaders in attendance.

It's showing love, not hate like BLM
edit on 1-9-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join