It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All Lives Matter' march draws more than 20,000 in Alabama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yeah I have the gall and then some. I don't care WHO was there. Raised millions to help people on the border... ha. You've been brainwashed.

Beck followed by challenging the crowd to join him in coming to the aid of persecuted Christians in the Middle East. “For the most part, we have looked away. We avert our eyes. We do it because, if we don’t, we come face to face with the reality of the situation,” Beck said. “Facing that would stop us cold and dead in our tracks — and that is how evil works. It makes itself so unbelievably outrageous … so difficult to comprehend… that ordinary people just don’t allow themselves to confront it, because it’s too painful.”

Whatever the hell kind of source this is, at least it has a quote.

Glenn Beck can kiss my ass.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Knee hits jaw syndrome.

#alllivesmatter is unpopular in some spheres because it breaks the Hegelian Dialectic tools.

Not to mention the funding conflicts of interest.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Yeah I have the gall and then some. I don't care WHO was there. Raised millions to help people on the border... ha. You've been brainwashed.

Beck followed by challenging the crowd to join him in coming to the aid of persecuted Christians in the Middle East. “For the most part, we have looked away. We avert our eyes. We do it because, if we don’t, we come face to face with the reality of the situation,” Beck said. “Facing that would stop us cold and dead in our tracks — and that is how evil works. It makes itself so unbelievably outrageous … so difficult to comprehend… that ordinary people just don’t allow themselves to confront it, because it’s too painful.”

and theres something wrong with raising money to help those displaced?

hes said many times on his radio show that its not just for Christians, its also for Jews, and muslims that arent muslim enough

But even at that, you see a problem with raising money to get those people out of there? Whats wrong with you?

And yes he did raise millions to help on the border last summer when we had the influx of kids that came in.....I know because I was one of the people that went down there to help

You dont have to like the "god" part of it, but theres no denying they are trying to DO SOMETHING, what are you doing besides being nasty on ATS

Cuss all you want, be as nasty as you want

youre representing BLM well
edit on 8/31/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

If Christians are being killed in the Middle East, it's okay to acknowledge that. Christian Lives Matter.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

If Christians are being killed in the Middle East, it's okay to acknowledge that. Christian Lives Matter.

All lives matter, The quote says Christians, but on his show hes had people on that hes partnered with to do this, and its not JUST Christians.......

at least people are doing something, rather than sitting here Cussing a movement of 20k people intent to do something, cause she didnt like the organizer.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Beck either. I don't trust him as he was a force for division not that long ago but perhaps he has had an epiphany. I hope so...he needed one!

But even if it is an attempt for him to regain ratings and relevancy...I'll still support the idea that "all lives matter" ....perhaps this will be the start of a cultural/social renaissance.

I'll set my cynicism down for now.
edit on 31-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Let the hate flow.....
BLM is hate hate hate.

Any moron can see that All Lives Matter is love, buttercups and beautiful rainbows. Everything a peaceful person could want. Devoid of Soros market fiddling money even, imagine that.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I have no issues with God just many of the people who claim to speak in God's name. I don't represent BLM.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We need All lives matter to humanize this violent crazy country and we need an intelligent Black lives matter, not the ignorant uninformed group they have now, imo.

Oppression shouldn’t be followed up by smug self-righteousness and the descendents of slaves get to do any thing they want to do because of oppression.

We need to honor the oppressed and fight for justice and also make sure the oppressed don't become unjust in the process of getting justice

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

This movement must really disturb the conservative Right Wing to have Beck break out of the politics of division and mean spirited mold that used to be his calling card. And for Beck not to support Trump must make it doubly disturbing.

If this movement really catches on....watch the Donald flip flop once again and join in the popular meme and pretend he supported it all along.
edit on 31-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
For the record, I don't like Beck either. I have actually despised him at times. He started out as a young man, interesting, vocal, with something to say, but then had some kind of meltdown and became a screaming buffoon. But maybe he is trying to do better, we'll see. He will have to prove himself to me.

I saw an ad for the Alabama dealio which noted all the bad things going on around the country, racially, and leaders wanting to do something to insure it remains quiet in Alabama, as there have been few/no incidents. But yeah, the only thing weird about it... is Glenn Beck's participation --- and never knowing when he is going to go off the deep end.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Peggy Hubbard had the moral fortitude and back bone to speak the truth about the out of control violence in the black community.

If they're going to wave a banner for Black Lives Matter, they need to look at how many black lives are being wiped out by the same black community who are protesting their lives matter! The racial finger pointing and hypocrisy is outrageous. Painting the police with a broad brush is doing the exact same stereotyping they claim the police are doing!

Black on Black shootings is rampant across this country. If they really care about black lives, start addressing the out of control violence in your own community. When someone in their community is killed, witnesses to the murder or crime don't have the guts or moral fortitude to tell police. Nobody wants to "snitch," so in reality they're supporting the violence and don't care about putting a stop to the out of control violence and killings. As Peggy said, nobody speaks out when blacks senselessly kill innocent blacks in their own neighborhood. Yet they rally behind thugs who make themselves the target of police.

Now they want to engage in police assassinations. These actions only prove how violent the black community really is.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Oppression shouldn’t be followed up by smug self-righteousness and the descendents of slaves get to do any thing they want to do because of oppression.

Uh, that is NOT what's happening.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Interrupting the Bernie Sanders event to me was utmost stupidity by BLM

Calling them smug and self-righteous is mild

You don't dis your friends and allies

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I have no issues with God just many of the people who claim to speak in God's name. I don't represent BLM.

like a group of 20k people marching together to signify unity and hope?

Sounds like the problem is you not them

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

BLM is born from teenagers and other Black males being shot down in the street and in their cars for minor infractions. Nothing whatsoever to do with the Bernie Sanders gathering.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

This movement must really disturb the conservative Right Wing to have Beck break out of the politics of division and mean spirited mold that used to be his calling card. And for Beck not to support Trump must make it doubly disturbing.

If this movement really catches on....watch the Donald flip flop once again and join in the popular meme and pretend he supported it all along.

Glenn has gone through quite the transformation and over the last 4 yrs ive watched him REALLY move over to the libertarian ideas...

Hes said many times that he knew he needed to change, and he needed to be more active and not just sit on the radio and talk.

Hes become a strict constitutionalist with more forgiving aspects, Like most of us that are more libertarian minded.

I dont agree with him on everything, but I find myself in line with him quite often, and I have been there on the ground more then once when Mecury One, (his organization) brought relief to people in times of need, often times they are the first ones there.

Say what you want about the man, he tries to do good things, and this march was part of it

And thats more then the people screaming and cussing and yelling racial slurs

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

It does when they interrupt his events. And Sanders is a candidate already on their side

So what do these people do?

They create ill will to an ally and his supporters

I support their cause but not their injustices and ignorance

Just because someone has a good cause doesn’t give them the right to be unjust or stupid

When they do that they give their cause a bad name

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You have changed the conversation and are now talking to yourself. No thanks.

As far as the Sanders rally, those two women admitted the next day they had made a mistake.

edit on 8/31/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is the same thing as if your friends mother dies, and you go to the wake and starting crying "my mother died too!" at the funeral.

We all know 'All Lives Matter', this has nothing to do with the whole point of the BLM movement.

There is systematic racism in place.

It doesn't mean yourself or myself is racist, it goes deeper than that. The system put in place by a bunch of racists is still in place.

Every white man- homeless, lower class, middle class (including myself), upper class, and 1 percent, benefits from white privilege. It isn't about 'Oh you're white so your life is easy'. It goes so much deeper than that and it is disgusting to see movements like "All Lives Matter".

People involved aren't "Bad people". They really are just ignorant to the ACTUAL meaning of the BLM movement.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join