It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'All Lives Matter' march draws more than 20,000 in Alabama

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

That's awesome. I know ATS is going to be very critical of it because they hate anyone that isn't Bernie Sanders here, if he were organizing it you wouldn't have had to play defense since your opening post.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
All lives mater should be regarded as nothing unusual all lives do matter no need to protest the obvious, but if it's not helping the problem that BLM are addressing. If African Americans are being unfairly targeted by the police and legal system.
So although good to see people coming together to recognise the obvious, it's changed absolutely nothing and hasn't addressed the problem at hand. I could kind of see why African Americans might not dig this whole all lives matter, if black lives matter only on the grounds permitted by whites and the BLM cause can only exist if it fits in with white Christian societies view of whose lives matter. Just my 2 pence worth

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

but if it's not helping the problem that BLM are addressing. If African Americans are being unfairly targeted by the police and legal system.

20,000k plus people both black and white and all different races, along with paragons of the Civil Rights movement of the 50s and 60s , say youre wrong.....

Coming together in the spirit of unity and love to make a difference , has done a lot more in one weekend, then all the racial chants and division the BLM has continued to do for the last year

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I don't thin k I quite got my point across the first time. ManBehindTheMask, you prey on the weak and make up topics to create outrage. I am really tired of it.

Making a thread about a 20k person march that did so in the name of Unity, is preying on the weak?

Please save your outrage for something that actually makes sense

Again , im not sure how posting about Unity and Love, creates outrage, if it creates outrage in you, then that is a YOU thing not a me thing...

If youre tired of it, dont open the thread and dont engage

The hate in this thread in response to something that was filled with hope , really really is telling

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Ok, I'm prepared to be wrong, I didn't expect anyone to see my point anyway, I see the opinions on this are quite ingrained. The police treat everyone unfairly not just African Americans. So the problem is bully boy trigger happy police and tough legal sentencing for everyone? I hope the march has an effect, so the legal system works for all

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Americans marching for "All Lives Matter" is a sick joke given American history is littered with genocide and mass murder.

Deez Nutz 2015

So is African American history....and to this day continues in areas around the world......and still more black lives are lost to other blacks than any other race.....maybe BLM only wants black lives to matter to non-blacks?

Until blacks are murdered by police in greater numbers than any other group, they should just quit bitching! You tell em!

Unbelievable how people justify racism...
edit on 1-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Also...you say this is about 'all lives mattering,' and then you simultaneously say it's about 'Christians being persecuted in the Middle East.' Combine this with...

originally posted by: poncho1982
If it were "Christian" lives that only mattered to them, would the sign not say "Jesus is the answer" not "God"

Seems to me, they are trying to intentionally be all inclusive.

Somehow thinking addressing believers in a monotheistic God is being 'all inclusive.'
edit on 1-9-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

originally posted by: Indigo5

I am confused?

The march was part of Beck's "Never Again is Now" campaign to raise awareness and funds to aid persecuted Christians in the Middle East.

About 8,500 of Beck's fans registered, at $12 each, to attend a "Restoring Unity" rally at the BJCC Legacy Arena today at noon.

www.al.com...

Demonstrators held signs reading "All Lives Matter," "God is the Answer"

www.al.com...

So...all lives matter? Or just Christian Lives? ...

And with all things Glenn Beck sponsored, I have to ask...who does the counting? 20k people?

Very telling, your question.

If it were "Christian" lives that only mattered to them, would the sign not say "Jesus is the answer" not "God"

Seems to me, they are trying to intentionally be all inclusive.

Yes..."all-inclusive" for those that believe that "God is the answer"...which I hesitate to point out is the central belief of ISIS and Al-Qaida...Lest we are only talking about Christians?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

The hate in this thread in response to something that was filled with hope , really really is telling

I'll be blunt...This was about Glenn Beck exploiting Christianity for money...

"God is the Answer" was the central theme of the march...followed by a rally where he charged attendees $12 a pop...you do the math.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yes..."all-inclusive" for those that believe that "God is the answer"...which I hesitate to point out is the central belief of ISIS and Al-Qaida...Lest we are only talking about Christians?

Oh yeah, throw ISIS in there, really?

Hey dont forget the "evil" pro life Republicans.

/Sarcasm.

I mean, really do your job man!

edit on 1-9-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

God is the Answer, is a suggestion. It in no way is a demand.

It's just telling you that faith can help.

You certainly do not have to believe to be included in their cause.

Are you one of those people who just cannot stand to see ANYTHING you don't agree with?

Because...your gonna have a bad time if so.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: THEatsking

This is the same thing as if your friends mother dies, and you go to the wake and starting crying "my mother died too!" at the funeral.

Except the people involved were actually instrumental in the Civil Rights movement, including Martin Luther Kings own family

And the fact that they were peaceful and nothing happened

And the fact that they came there with a purpose, and carried through with it....

Sorry, your analogy doesnt work

I love how people on here are bashing this, in comparison to BLM , and yet its ACTUALL CIVIL RIGHTS FIGHTERS from the 50s and 60s, who were THERE, and were ACTIVE, and even almost DIED, that are helping put this thing on

And BLM people are still saying "Nope not the same , its hypocritical"

I swear Martin Luther King could come out and publicly denounce BLM and you people would call him a traitor and say he was irrelevant

LoL the hypocrisy is amazing

I'm not saying they're racist or anything like that. What they're doing does apply to that analogy. BLM is about the oppression against blacks- its very much there and its very bad (whether any of ATS believes it or not, that is the reality)

It's like going into a women's rights protest and marching for men's rights. Yes, we know men's rights are important. Nonetheless, that was irrelevant to the cause of the women's rights movement.

The extremity of each case differs but sometimes that is needed for one to understand what is going on.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You realize that all went to charity right? You're so desperate to hate something just because of the people involved. It's like you prey on divisiveness

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I'll be blunt...This was about Glenn Beck exploiting Christianity for money...

"God is the Answer" was the central theme of the march...followed by a rally where he charged attendees $12 a pop...you do the math.

Ill be blunt, your wrong and you opinions about beck have no bearing on the good that came out of this and everyone involved

Cheapen it if you like, its made a difference to people and will also in the end save many many lives, which is more then what I can say for BLM

again , if youre offended by what went down there and the good that came out of it? Thats a You problem, you should probably re evaluate your approach in life
edit on 9/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LiberLegit

You realize that all went to charity right? You're so desperate to hate something just because of the people involved. It's like you prey on divisiveness

Please...Missed the part about ANY of the proceeds going to charity..

Tickets

$10 General Admission

($12.00 total with Ticketmaster Fees)

-General Admission Ticket-holders must purchase a separate $12 ticket for “Woodlawn” movie screening

-Seating is not reserved

$250 Ticket includes the following:

($268.75 with Ticketmaster Fees)

-Floor seating

-Signed copy of a Glenn Beck book

-Floor seating ticket to screening of the movie “Woodlawn”

$1,250 Ticket includes the following:

($1,294.75 with Ticketmaster Fees)

-Meet & Greet with Glenn Beck

-Priority spot during the march

-Copy of a Glenn Beck book

-Premium seating to screening of the movie “Woodlawn”

-Invitation to “Woodlawn” screening after party

now.mercuryone.org...

I did find a Donate button...that went to "Mercury One, Inc."...googled that up and it is Glenn's 501c...checked charity audit sites and apparently he hasn't opened up the books to anyone to show how much, if any, he has distributed to actual charities....but I am sure "God has the answer" to that question.

Either way...no evidence that even the ticket price went to Mercury One (Glenn's 501c)..just an option to give directly to it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Cheapen it if you like, its made a difference to people and will also in the end save many many lives, which is more then what I can say for BLM

ALM=ALM-BLM

Which is kind of the hypocrisy people take issue with...maybe they should drop the "A"

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
source

Imagine that you’re sitting down to dinner with your family, and while everyone else gets a serving of the meal, you don’t get any. So you say “I should get my fair share.” And as a direct response to this, your dad corrects you, saying, “everyone should get their fair share.” Now, that’s a wonderful sentiment — indeed, everyone should, and that was kinda your point in the first place: that you should be a part of everyone, and you should get your fair share also. However, dad’s smart-ass comment just dismissed you and didn’t solve the problem that you still haven’t gotten any!

:

Except that this is not remotely accurate to what is happening. The current situation is far more complex than this and I have seen so many people on the internet using this example to try to prove that All lives Matter is stupid.

I will give another interpretation based on this scenario. Before I do, understand that my definition is also grossly over simplified and doesn't look at the nuances of the current state of racial affairs in the US, but at least I acknowledge it.

"You sit down for dinner that your parents worked jobs to be able to provide. Every gets a portion but you get less. Your parents explain that this is because you constantly criticize them and have no respect for them. You say that its not fair and you deserve an equal portion. You and your parents start screaming at each other. Your sister speaks up and says everyone deserves an equal portion. You tell your sister to shut up and stop belittling you"

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a guy in another thread posted this video

my response was:

he makes a good point: when the poor slave races (whites and blacks) cared about each other, they formed a formidable front. but when it became only about one group and not the other, it helped the tiered system to grow. if one side starts gaining favor, the other revolts and the favored side enjoys their new, not so awful position and vice-a-versa. so the elite are just warning us, if you insist on forming an united front against us, we'll turn you against each other with race baiting. this has been going on for years now. they snatched up the civil rights act out of the dead hands of martin luther king, and ran in the direction of making blacks the new favored race, at the expense of the whites, so they could once again, create that divide and conquer scenario. all lives matter is a threat to that but black lives matter is not because it reinforces the idea that only one group matters.

in effect, they are punishing the whites for forming an united front with blacks during the civil rights era.
edit on 1-9-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You do know that the civil rights movement wasn't just blacks, right? Some of the people who were murdered by KKK-types were whiter than me, and that takes some doin'...

Where in that speech does he say that only black lives matter?

full transcript

How have we, as a people, forgotten what those words mean?

Many of us need to revisit the last part of his stirring speech from that day under the Lincoln Memorial...

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing.

Land where my fathers died, land of the Pilgrim's pride,

From every mountainside, let freedom ring!

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi.

From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual:

Free at last! Free at last!

Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!3

There is much that still needs doing, but he pointed the way. Until such time as only "life matters" will we indeed be "free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

edit on 9/1/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Then you werent looking hard enough, It did go to Charity, all the proceeds except what was needed to pay for the event center went to help save those people over seas

Its been stated over and over again by Beck and the event organizers, you can look it up its an easy google search

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join