It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama renames Mt McKinley.....Wait, what!??!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
a reply to: MystikMushroom

No offense but it's this type of apathy and a lack of nationalism now intrinsic among the American populace that is frightening to people(like me).
The reason many of us are outraged by this is because we value our dominion over the incorporated lands of America.
----and please understand I mean 'incorporated lands' in terms of governance solely....not the big bad evil people who make companies and money and....

-Christosterone

Stormfront? Aryan Nation? Christian Identity?

ETA: What I mean to say here is, do any of these groups reflect your considered philosophy? I have never heard anyone else other than adherents of those and similar groups use the word nationalism in place of patriotism as you did, as well as noting our "dominion" over other races.

I'm asking questions not making statements here. Thanks if you choose to answer honestly.
edit on 15Mon, 31 Aug 2015 15:10:01 -050015p032015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm honestly more upset about Bear Grylls filming for his survival show up here than either Obama being here, or McKinley being renamed Denali.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Oh look another thread blaming Obama.
Can I blame him for a grey hair found in my nether region I found today

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I renamed Mount Rushmore, to Mt. Blowhard!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I renamed Mount Rushmore, to Mt. Blowhard!

Did you name it in honor of yourself? LOL

Just joshin'.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

No in honor of all the idiot politicians, but thanks for thinking of me!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

That's okay, I renamed Obama to Barbabra McKinley!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

No offense but it's this type of apathy and a lack of nationalism now intrinsic among the American populace that is frightening to people(like me).

This type of "making everyone's business mine" and rampant, blind nationalism among the American populace is frightening to me.

People need to GTFO of other people's business. The name of this mountain is NONE of our business. It's for Alaska to decide. It doesn't affect the rest of us ONE bit! If the opposite of being a "busy body" is considered to be apathy, then I'll take apathy every day!

Get out of my head, get out of my uterus, get out of my relationship, get out of my house and MYOB! (Mind your own business!)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Gryphon66

No in honor of all the idiot politicians, but thanks for thinking of me!

I myself can think of more descriptive names for most politicians, but, to each their own.

Do you have a specific issue with the mountain being named what the People of Alaska wanted it to be called?

The Alaskan Legislature requested this name-change back in 1975.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Like I said, it won't change much for us up here. Our McDonald's might have to change the name of their "Alaska-only" burger they sell here:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Well honestly that sandwich should be called, "Heart attack on a bun."

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Well honestly that sandwich should be called, "Heart attack on a bun."

Yeah, it's huge. It's like a double quarter pounder with an extra bun in the middle. Carbohydrate city.

But hey, we need extra calories to stay warm in the winter...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I actually remember when every Big Mac was built similarly.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
But hey, we need extra calories to stay warm in the winter...

That may be a bit of a misconception. With the Japanese current the coast of Alaska isn't all that cold. Interior, hell yeah. In southern Ontario I'd bet we have colder winters. Northern Ont. where I lived in the 60's for sure. -40. That's the same on both scales.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It was a mild winter last year...

It gets -20F sometimes in the winter here. If you go a little further inland, even 50 miles it can get quite a bit colder. We're supposed to have another low-snow/warmer "El Nino" winter.

I don't have a heated garage, so I'm not complaining!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yeah, my North Face "Dark Star" sleeping bag is rated for -40C/-40F ...most people don't know the two scales meet there. I haven't tested it out to temps that low, but it was the warmest synthetic bag I could find at the time. Down may be warmer...but its useless when wet.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Oh, and the locals didn't stop calling their town Mauch Chunk when it officially became Jim Thorpe, PA. I would bet that it has always been Denali to the native Alaskans.

But it was the locals in Mauch Chunk that made that call, if I read the plaque correctly. Nice place...warmer than Alaska.

edit on 31-8-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

The reason many of us are outraged by this is because we value our dominion over the incorporated lands of America.

Which, I guess...supersedes the feelings of the Inuit? Because why????

...they were there first...

Or, are you suggesting that they aren't actually citizens???
Somehow?

edit on 8/31/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

We, who? Who is outraged, exactly? You, the people of Texas? Value your dominion over Alaska? Wait - what ARE you talking about? Do you know that Alaska is a state of the union?

And I (an American citizen) don't "value" my dominion over the land any more than a flea "values" their dominion over a dog.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join