It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama renames Mt McKinley.....Wait, what!??!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

True dat!!

What a wimp.

But, hey, we got some islands as a result of his administration... That's something, I guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hmmm, Mount Bush, now that's a name to conjure with...nah! sounds a bit rude.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Did Abe Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson go on hikes together in the black hills of South Dakota?
you can see where my analogy is going....

Simpler analogy:
Did George Washington have a vacation home on the west coast....????
You know, that area above Oregon and California

-Christosterone
edit on 31-8-2015 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Better than Mount Clinton. I would say the thought of that makes me throw up a little in my mouth but I would be lying, it is more like Janis Joplin, choke on your own vomit sick.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Obama is in an agenda in Alaska, that is why he is doing a gesture toward the Real indigenous people of Alaska the one that he will be portraying as the first casualties of global warming

What he forgot to tell is that since US acquired Alaska the indigenous population never had a say so on anything, including politics or the take over of their lands for development and exploitation.

Neither he is going back in history to show how the nomad population was forced to live in towns because it was easier to keep track of them.

What a shame.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Are y'all intentionally being obtuse?

No, are you?

Alaska wanted the name changed years ago. It is their state and their mountain so let them do whatever they want with it.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The citizens of Alaska have wanted the name changed for years but have been blocked by Ohio, I see no problem with the President recognizing the will of Alaska citizens.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I immediately edited that out....I was replying to another post...
So I was obtuse....still am

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Hmmm, Mount Bush....

I climbed that mountain many time as a young man. Very tiring.

I don';t see the beef. If the Alaskan's want the name to be Denali then that's it imo.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I call it "Bob."
Bob is everywhere.
Bob is everything.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

I call it "Bob."

If we are picking our own names I am going with Mount Smallberries after the great Yoyodyne inventor.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As someone that lives here and was born here -- this sure seems like a bigger deal to everyone who DOESN'T live in Alaska than to those of us who live here.

Sure, the politicians here have made some half-hearted attempts over the years to change it ... but it wasn't ever a big platform item.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Denali is a cooler name anyway and McKinley was kind of a dick. He was also pretty much the first US President bought and paid for by the mega-corporations to make sure their interests were protected. Rockefeller, Carnegie, J.P. Morgan, and Vanderbilt owned McKinley.

True Dat!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
McKinley, Denali...people are going to call it whatever they want up here. I'm looking at her right now actually:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
As someone that lives here and was born here -- this sure seems like a bigger deal to everyone who DOESN'T live in Alaska than to those of us who live here.

Sure, the politicians here have made some half-hearted attempts over the years to change it ... but it wasn't ever a big platform item.

But, it's an excuse to bash Obama.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Better than Mount Clinton.

Fair enough, but if having a huge body count of foreigners who had been imperially invaded, means having your neb on a mountain, then perhaps Bush should have a few dozen named after him. Notwithstanding McKinley's count of course.

edit on 31-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

No offense but it's this type of apathy and a lack of nationalism now intrinsic among the American populace that is frightening to people(like me).
The reason many of us are outraged by this is because we value our dominion over the incorporated lands of America.
----and please understand I mean 'incorporated lands' in terms of governance solely....not the big bad evil people who make companies and money and....

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

No but it's certainly the American Way to attempt to interfere in others affairs. In this case the will of Alaskans vs those of Ohio... and now Texas.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I will tell you when it will matter, when they change it to MT. PUTIN, then we are all basically screwed. or MT. BUDDHA.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Funny how all through Obama's time in the White House a certain group of people have complained about states' rights. Now when he gives a state what they have been wanted for years he still gets slammed. I guess the guy just can't win. Besides, why are people making such a big deal over something that doesn't affect them in anyway? Oh that's right. Because Obama did it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join