It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama renames Mt McKinley.....Wait, what!??!?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It seems that had the word chosen by the People of Alaska back in the mid seventies been something other than what can be translated into Islamic, as Their God, then I doubt Obama would have bothered to change it.

I am so fricking sic of his pen being mightier than the sword when it benefits his hidden agenda and silent messages to the greatest threat to the free world.

What happened to all his empty promises of change and making this a better country for it's people?

Waiting for community college to become free for the first 2 years for one!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

It isn't an Islamic word, this isn't an example of him using his pen. It wasn't an EO, the secretary of the interior has the power to do this from a 1947 law.

I'm sick and tired of people just reading one take on something and taking it as fact.

And he his trying to get the tuition thing done but congress doesn't want it. So do you want him to use his pen on thar?
edit on rdThu, 03 Sep 2015 11:36:01 -0500America/Chicago920150180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on rdThu, 03 Sep 2015 12:46:29 -0500America/Chicago920152980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: Christosterone

So what does "The Great One" mean in Islamic languages? I would suspect God. So back to square one as to the inference that Obama sends out to Islam by changing the Name of a Great mountain.

Denali is the Native Alaskan word for "Great One" which is what the Alaska Natives up here in Alaska call the mountain.

This has nothing to do with Islam.

If you want a conspiracy about it involving Obama, how about Obama pandering to the indigenous people of Alaska by returning the mountain back to it's ancestral name?

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Holy # people are #ing bonkers in this thread.

Obama didn't come up here and randomly decide to flex his power and change the name. Alaska State Legislature officially changed the name in 1983 or thereabouts and has been waiting for Federal approval ever since. Seriously. This # is not new.

Obama did not magically wave his pen and make the name change. He gave the nod to his Secretary of the Interior to approve it - matching what Alaska has already officially approved for the last 25 years. He did this mostly because he Governor Walker have talked about it before hand, and it was an easy feel-good win for the Natives to score before/during his visit.

Denali is not an Islamic word. If it is, it's entirely coincidental. Obama did not magically change the name of the mountain to something that the Islama-Bama-Conspiracy could flock to.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I haven't read through but I am sure other people have mentioned the Park the Mountain is in, is called Denali because that's been the name and locals have been trying to change it back for a long time. Most Alaskans don't call it mount McKinley now. McKinley never even visited Alaska, ever so the name was forced on them Obama did them a favor that no other President thought was worthwhile. Obama knows when your heritage or something you love, is stolen from you, it hurts like a slap in the face.....And you hold a grudge against those that stole it until you get it back.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

"Lord Hereford's Knob"...This made me spit out my beer a bit...hilarious as well as your interjection about Brits...thank you for the laugh sir!!

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Tell me more about this amazing language called 'Islamic.'

When people who know so little think they know so much. And someone starred it, how cute.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Not to insult, and excuse my ignorance, just thinking out loud before I should have considered what I wrote. Just seems like all the dots when it comes to obama tend to fall back into the great bow he asserts towards all things Islamic.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Except there isn't really any real examples of that...
It's all bs most of the time.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: Monger

Not to insult, and excuse my ignorance, just thinking out loud before I should have considered what I wrote. Just seems like all the dots when it comes to obama tend to fall back into the great bow he asserts towards all things Islamic.

The second sentence of your post is a consequence of the first.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
petitions.whitehouse.gov...

Will never get past this stage, but hilarious.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Indigo? Perhaps that word is meant to be the guide into a higher development of your potential and not what represents where you are in this moment.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I think this is pretty cool news. Not world changing, but nice to see a modicum of respect for the indigenous and their way of life before the huge ego foreigners came over and started naming everything they see after them, while introducing land ownership and claiming it for themselves as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join