It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
It seems a bit... strange that everyone is already on board with this was caused by black on white racism, white people talking about how the black community needs to change, etc etc etc and this IS obviously motivated by racist stuff; however I remember when all that Dylann Roof stuff was going down and even days later I was hearing white people say there was no evidence that it was racially motivated. But now everyone is on board with calling this racism. Sorry, just a dumb white person here tossing in my 2 cents.
edit on 826/2015 by revswim because: why not

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well said.

The man was evil.

In my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: Hellas
In the second video taken by the shooter himself, he shoots multiple times at the woman first. I don't know how she even managed to run after those shots.

ETA: How come nobody saw him while he was pointing his gun at her in the beginning?

that is exactly my point from a few pages back. furthermore, the interviewee didnt even see the guy creep up along that platform to get behind the cameraman??

Didn't look like he was creeping at all to me. So she probably did notice a guy walking by in a public area. And then he left her field of view.

Or was she supposed to stop the live interview to see what the guy walking by did because maybe he has a gun and is there to kill people?

but the cameraman turned to film the scenery. Why did he do that and how come at that point the interviewee or interviewer didn't say anything?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Methodical...not crazy.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Crazy people are the most methodical of all.

I've spent too much time on a mental ward around crazy people to take your summary seriously.

The guy was a nutcase.
With other issues? Sure.

But a nutcase nonetheless.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

What's that supposed to mean? Do you dislike the idea of counseling?

You think ALL black people should get mandatory counselling because ONE black guy shot some people???
And you're asking me what the wow is supposed to mean??

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Then I suppose that you could argue that anyone who commits violence is a nutcase, simply because that type of behaviour is not normal.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I might well be one of the most political posters on ATS, but I find it to be utterly tasteless to use the deaths of innocents as an excuse to push an agenda.

There is a time and a place for all things... and the time is never before the bodies are cold and while the victims loved ones are grieving.

The politicians and the media are already all over it. Consider the agenda already being pushed. Like you stated tasteless.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

"You have to go to counseling because you're black."

Again, that'll go over well.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

We have to realize they were there to do a job. All focus is on their 'job'. He is panning to capture live footage of what they are discussing. FHRITP(look it up) happens all the time. People walk by all the time trying to get on camera. If the person interviewing pulls away they have to start over. Just doing their job. The woman being interviewed is excited to be on camera and is dead focused on the reporter.

The fact he walked up, took his time, then started shooting again shows a cold methodical killer. He hunted them down and shot them to finish them. Point blank.

Their lives are just as important as those killed in a mass shooting or a drive by. Tragic.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Then I suppose that you could argue that anyone who commits violence is a nutcase, simply because that type of behaviour is not normal.

Not unless they killed themselves after.

Crazy people kill themselves.

People with mental health problems kill themselves.

Barring maybe psychopaths.

He was a looney tune, and this is 100% a mental health problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Its called tunnel vision...

Its one of the reasons you see police look to their left and right after shots fired.

I am curious if we will hear from any civil rights leaders on this?

Why? Because he was black?

This doesn't appear to have anything to do with race whatsoever. Apparently it may be that he was an ex-boyfriend of the woman.

Let's not make this about race.

I don't think the suspect is black. But Maybe i am color blind. Youtube this Video:

"RAW FOOTAGE Gunman Records Video While Shooting"

He was waving the gun and his hands (to me ) was Caucasian. However, as a user in the comments pointed out, blood was not seen when he shot them.

There is something fishy about that video and about the whole situation in general.

its not the first time mainstream media has manipulated things. Boston bombings was one example,

But look at the video from the gunman's point of view and tell me if you see anything "odd". I call false flag

edit on th2015000000Wednesdayth000000Wed, 26 Aug 2015 16:29:51 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoWed, 26 Aug 2015 16:29:51 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

What mental health "approach" would have stopped this, in your opinion.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

As I said a page or two ago, have you never seen a live news interview?

The weatherman isn't always on screen when giving the forecast.

The weatherman isn't always on screen when live reporting from a storm.

The weatherman isn't always on screen when showing sunrise.

The sports reporter isn't always on screen when reporting from NFL training camp.

The field reporter isn't always on screen when doing an interview or talking about something.

What's so "odd" about s cameraman getting footage of the subject of the interview?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

They were filming a piece for local tourism. The cameraman cut away to get shots of the marina they were discussing. They do that in the news all the time. Who talks about something and never shows it?? They were showing everything SML had to offer. You can't do that really well unless you film it.

link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: tony9802

What's that supposed to mean? Do you dislike the idea of counseling?

You think ALL black people should get mandatory counselling because ONE black guy shot some people???
And you're asking me what the wow is supposed to mean??

Anyone who thought Black Lives Matter was a cool idea should get counselling, which includes all colors not just blacks.
edit on 26-8-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

What mental health "approach" would have stopped this, in your opinion.

That would be a consultants decision.

Personally I'd use a padded room on people like this.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: revswim
It seems a bit... strange that everyone is already on board with this was caused by black on white racism, white people talking about how the black community needs to change, etc etc etc and this IS obviously motivated by racist stuff; however I remember when all that Dylann Roof stuff was going down and even days later I was hearing white people say there was no evidence that it was racially motivated. But now everyone is on board with calling this racism. Sorry, just a dumb white person here tossing in my 2 cents.

???? Uh, I heard a lot of white people saying "Dylan Roof stuff" was due to racism. In fact the white governor of SC was pivotal in bringing down the Confederate flag from the state capitol building because of the flag's racist implications, due to that shooting.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So, he was a nutcase because he was bullied, was black, was gay and was fired from a few jobs? I think you do not know what you are talking about.

Psych wards hold all types. Can a schizoid be methodical...sure, but it is a condition that can be treated. You cannot treat race, sexual preference or poor job performance.

Sandy Hook...crazy. This guy...a simple jealous race hater who did not like himself. That is the simple diagnosis.

Also, sane people kill themselves all the time. Saying someone is crazy because they shoot themselves is pretty ignorant.

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002015-08-26T16:32:07-05:000407 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

He appears to be a light-skinned black man from the pictures I have seen and I have no reason to believe there is any conspiracy behind this.

As for the video, I refuse to watch it. We have plenty of people giving us the descriptions and I refuse to play-in to this cultural need for violence and drama, especially through social media.

That is another area I believe we need to have a discussion, but I doubt it will ever happen. The instant gratification is too appealing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

but the cameraman turned to film the scenery. Why did he do that and how come at that point the interviewee or interviewer didn't say anything?

Maybe they thought it was an act.

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join