It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

He couldn't shoot one-handed, so he put away his phone that he was recording with and then finished what he started.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I know but in the footage shown where you can see the shots he fired, too me anyways, a bullet should have hit her chest or neck area, maybe someone who knows how to, can freeze the frames and draw projectory lines as to where the gun was aimed at the time of the shots, i dunno it could possibly help us ? As ive stated i have little knowledge of fire arms or shooting so even if projectory line was drawn, who knows if recoil could have sent those 3 bullets whizzing past her, but it looks like to me, that 3 of them hit her before she even took her first running step

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Seems to me 2 of the first three did hit her. But it's hard to really tell.

Just a horrible sad situation.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That doesn't look like the guy they said did it. Is it possible this was a "staged op"?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I know mate it truly is a sad situation, but those first two shots are the ones i would have chosen to hit her chest and neck area, the last one would have hit her from behind if it did, but if she is the one screaming in the video too, her voice tone did not even change after been shot, nor did her body react to any shot, maybe im looking too much into it but it is a strange one

link   
I've seen somebody shot at close range before. There was no reaction there either.

We aren't living in a movie or a computer game, people dont slump down and die at the first hint of a bullet wound.

Adrenaline kicks in big time and unless its a headshot, people tend to stay fully mobile when shot. Her reaction to me seems normal. Try and escape. After the first shot through the shoulder it looks like, she probably didn't feel the others due to massive adrenaline and shock.

Only my opinion.
edit on 26/8/15 by Boniouk06 because: Spelling

link   

I agree. I saw the video he shot, himself, on facebook and I am sure the reporter took two or three bullets before she started to run. This is all in one or two seconds. She must have run at least five or ten steps (off camera) before she collapsed.

Terrible thing. A mentally unstable person with no personal resources sharing his misery.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Boniouk06

An opinion of which im greatful for pal, because i havent seen somebody shot close range in real life, i just thought her body should react in a way of a jerk or a twitch, not to drop to the ground GTA style ha, or even a change in her voice tone as shes been shot while she screams

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: cfnyaami
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That doesn't look like the guy they said did it. Is it possible this was a "staged op"?

Ask the victim's grieving families if it was a "staged op". Hey, guess what, not everything that happens is a false flag or conspiracy. Believe it or not, there are some deranged people in this world who do some f'd up stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I think you have a point but we have no idea if Roof or Bryce were exposed to failure as children...

Most likely were given their ages.

It's an all too new phenomena to bubble wrap a generation and it's no doubt going to cause "soft minds" in the future.

Anyone who believes in evolution can't deny that, and anyone who knows about mental health can't deny that.

In this case I'd say it's case of narcissism and psychosis coming to the fore.
But who knows, maybe he was overly protected from the bad in life.

Absolutely, I have no clue how they were raised. But I don't think you need to have a sheltered life to not know how to do with failure.

Meaning a kid growing up with there parents hardley around can be unprepared to deal with failure as much as a sheltered child. Ie your a kid, fail at something. Parents don't pay much attention. As a kid you may chose to never be in that situation again ( avoid it). As a kid, ok. As an adult can't do that. Unfortunately the kid whose parents weren't around much never had someone to teach him how to deal and overcome failure. His lesson self taught lesson fail once, avoid. Adult life you fail at a job in something you can't just avoid it

Over protected kid never exposed to failure may have no clue how to deal with it.

The popular jock in high school who excelled at football all his life but nothing after high school. Was told how great he is, could do no wrong, all the fun he wants. Real life he is great, been told all his life , then he fails at something. Can't be my fault I learned how great I was , it's someone else

So when I say people are not equipped to deal with failure it can apply to many kids from many backgrounds. Again this might not have been the case, it just seems one reason roof may have blamed black people and this guy blamed racists and homophobic people.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

And here is where i stick my tinfoil hat on

If true it is a very sad situation for those that was shot and the family of the victims including the shooters family.

If a false flag, it is a sad sick situation for all of us, because if it is a false flag, we of very view in the world are discussing it, while the rest are been fed lies through there tv's as we type..

Either way this world is a sad place sometimes

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just heard about it and morbid curiosity made me watch the video.
I feel ashamed.
People can be #.
RIP.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CuriousPaddy

An opinion of which im greatful for pal, because i havent seen somebody shot close range in real life, i just thought her body should react in a way of a jerk or a twitch, not to drop to the ground GTA style ha, or even a change in her voice tone as shes been shot while she screams

Type in what does it feel like to get shot on Google. There is a thread a few results down of first hand experiences and more often than not, people either feel nothing or just feel the warm blood running.

The weird thing is that this also seems to be the case when they didnt expect it (stray bullets) so adrenaline couldn't have prepared them in advance. Very odd but totally not surprising that she managed the few steps that she did.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Then what about her voice tone when she caught the 3 bullets ? Surely it should have even stopped for a milisecond as she was screaming, or even changed in tone ? Im not arguing with you im genuinely confused on that part, and the peripheral vision part

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CuriousPaddy

Then what about her voice tone when she caught the 3 bullets ? Surely it should have even stopped for a milisecond as she was screaming, or even changed in tone ? Im not arguing with you im genuinely confused on that part, and the peripheral vision part

No idea on that. Peripheral vision aspect i dont agree with. She will have been locked in eye contact with her guest and whilst you could argue that yes she must have caught sight of something, how many of us also do but choose to ignore it because its a person or wall or chair in the corner of our eye. We cant assume she should have looked just because WE know he has a gun. You're probably right, she probably did see him but thought it was a local with a mobile phone. To remain impartial though.... whilst disagreeing here I do agree about the screams. Odd.
edit on 26/8/15 by Boniouk06 because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Being shot doesn't always equal instant death or incapacitation. If the shooter didn't sever a large vessel (such as an aorta, for example) or hit the heart, brain or spine, then there is no reason that Alison Parker couldn't have done what she did in the video.

The truth is, you can shoot ten different people with the same gun and get ten different results. This isn't a movie or television series, it's not Sons of Anarchy where someone gets shot and they immediately collapse.

In reality, the actual event, however, is no more remarkable than if someone was stung in the middle of their chest by a bee or a wasp and recoiled backward from the unexpected shock of it.

Very much like her reaction before she started to run.

Reality folks, reality.
edit on 26-8-2015 by weirdeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdeel

Why do people keep making references to TV shows and video games ? We clearly know this is neither, this is real life, all some of us are doing is making an observation of which we have a suspicion and discussing it, isnt that why we are all here in the first place and not stuck to the tv ?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Yeah i agree we can only speculate and say "Well this is what i would have done" but the screams are odd, they do not change at all, even make a humming noise and bang your chest, the sound changes when you do, her voice does not change one bit

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: intrptr
Thanks lets see how long that stays up…

Got a link to his "Manifesto" or dash cam of police chase?

The TV station says they turned the fax over to law enforcement.

And yea, the police have already uploaded all their dash cam footage to YouTube for your viewing pleasure so hop to it!

Wild Goose chase? If you have it, link it for everyone…

Puhleeese?

Oh, I guess VSP hasn't heard that you should upload your dashcam video immediately following the conclusion of a chase so the unwashed masses can feed their own interest. Evidence be damned, we want carnage!

No, just the whole story. You did say it was up on YouTube and to "Hop on it".

So it was a wild chase…

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
From a false flag perspective I'm kind of in the no boat. Don't get me wrong there are some of these shootings that make a good case but not so much here

1) from the false flag categories not enough people shot. Many of the questionable ones higher count
2) unlike the others there was a personal connection with victims and seemed to be problems specifically with these people
3) was on live tv but even if not, shooter was recording
4) considering the low number of victims I would think a false flag would include a higher profile person more nationally known.

If there are some serious gun laws up for vote in this area or she was about to do some eye popping report exposing something or someone. I just don't see it. Feel free to tear apart the points if you believe false flag.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join