It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: nomdeterreur
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

oh look... two less horrible media people in the world. Who cares.

Watch out for the edges on this guy

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Seems like a planned attack to me....whomever killed them had to know where they would be reporting from.

Or just followed them there.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

If we were to focus on mental health, easy gun access and the social and economic aspects of those who most commonly commit gun violence, we could have a big impact on this kind of dreadful crime.

We need to start focusing on not just mental health, but a healthy lifestyle period. Our current way of life is toxic, but the narcissistic side of the majority of people would never admit their lifestyle is toxic.

We are a disconnected society at best, and these types of events will continue to occur until we reconnect with a more balanced and healthy way of life.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
ABC news (don't know what channel) is saying they received a suicide note from the gunman.

It would be great if someone could obtain some clips of this guy, anchoring on the news channel back in 1999/2000 to see what he may have been like, to get an idea of his personality; there might be some video footage of him available from their news channel..

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: Hellas
In the second video taken by the shooter himself, he shoots multiple times at the woman first. I don't know how she even managed to run after those shots.

ETA: How come nobody saw him while he was pointing his gun at her in the beginning?

that is exactly my point from a few pages back. furthermore, the interviewee didnt even see the guy creep up along that platform to get behind the cameraman??

Didn't look like he was creeping at all to me. So she probably did notice a guy walking by in a public area. And then he left her field of view.

Or was she supposed to stop the live interview to see what the guy walking by did because maybe he has a gun and is there to kill people?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Peripheral vision from both the reporter and interviewee when he pulled out the gun and said bitch, should have raised alarms, even if they didnt know what it was, something in my peripheral like that would at least make me glance in that direction

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Jubilation T Cornpone
When are we going to start taking the mental health of individuals in this society more seriously than we have? We could solve a majority of our issues today if we pulled our heads out of the sand (or our asses in some cases) and confronted this problem head on. This was a sick individual who had no reason to be walking the streets..

Well if this is the case then we better get a firm grip because extreme narcissism is very alive today and being re-enforced everywhere we turn. Hollywood actors, politicians, sports figures, Facebook selfie's, etc.....

But in other cases the symptoms manifest in different reactions.

So what now do we start locking everyone up that exhibits these tendencies?

It's not that easy.

I think when you combine that root cause of his narcissistic tendencies with his racism; the actions reported by his previous employers toward his fellow employees; his subsequently being reported to HR; and his rantings (which his friends and family HAD to be privy to) a very real and clear picture of his mental state could have been made to the point where psychiatric help could have been prescribed. Given his previous history and actions and views on society (the guy wrote a 23-PAGE MANIFESTO for crying out loud!) someone absolutely had to know enough about his state of mind that a psychiatric evaluation would have almost been a must, had he been reported ...Unless those person(s) were in the same sick state of mind. And even if those associates WERE, there have been incidents at his previous places of employment, (one even being a gun shop, in addition to his foray into the news media), where the employer thought his actions were crazy and insane enough to deserve a termination. In THOSE CASES there should be a system in place where the proper authorities are alerted by said employer upon that termination and a psychiatric evaluation (at the very least) is ordered. Not just for society's sake, but for their own ...Even if they are deemed sane at the end of it all.

Too often these issues are swept under the rug, though, and individuals like this slip through the cracks. We as a society are loathe to deal with their craziness and, in some cases, vilified for doing so. Until that changes, sadly, we will have more incidents like these.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

In the 23-page document faxed to ABC News, the writer says “MY NAME IS BRYCE WILLIAMS” and his legal name is Vester Lee Flanagan II.” He writes what triggered today’s carnage was his reaction to the racism of the Charleston church shooting:

“Why did I do it? I put down a deposit for a gun on 6/19/15. The Church shooting in Charleston happened on 6/17/15…”

“What sent me over the top was the church shooting. And my hollow point bullets have the victims’ initials on them."

That's very interesting.. it sounds as though he may have been an incredibly vulnerable and sensitive person.. it's clear that the us gov has created a huge psychosis for this community through what I consider to be a number of psy-ops;

What he did was wrong, but someone who is a disturbed Bubba generously devoting time to chiseling the names of victims onto hollow point bullets is terribly revealing.. the trauma has obviously gone very deep for him; (On condition it is actually true that he did indeed chisel and engrave those names onto those bullets).

I think it would be a good idea for members of the bl. community to obtain counseling in a general yet mandatory manner; their integration into u.s. society just did not occur the right way..and it's unfortunate.

Like Geralde Celente and Jeff Rense stated in a recent interview with one another, after the 1950's something simply went the wrong way
for this community.

It's sad to see it has come to this.
edit on 26-8-2015 by tony9802 because: na

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CuriousPaddy
a reply to: Shamrock6

Peripheral vision from both the reporter and interviewee when he pulled out the gun and said bitch, should have raised alarms, even if they didnt know what it was, something in my peripheral like that would at least make me glance in that direction

Due to the fact that they did not observe him, even peripherally, does indeed make it seem as though the filming is actually posed.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Mandatory taxpayer funded counseling whether you want it or not?

That'll go over well.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Such an unfortunate act.. And I wish I didn't watch the videos on twitter, it was disturbing seeing this crazy guy video tape his own horrible act and then decided to post it for the world.. Just messed up times we live in. And I do sometimes wonder how often I walk by/drive next to/interact with crazy people???

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
As a part-time videographer, watching that video from the shooter's perspective was eerie. Makes me want to mount a rearview mirror on my camera.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Mandatory taxpayer funded counseling whether you want it or not?

That'll go over well.

It would just be an opportunity to provide troubled folks with a professional outlet to discuss and document their issues. I suppose the counselors could be volunteers? I don't know, it's not that difficult and maybe not that expensive: the counselors at high schools could volunteer; I guess you have to brainstorm a little. But really, maybe members of the bl. community have some severely seated issues that they do not know how to approach, discuss, reflect upon, which creates some type of cauldron of wrath for lack of understanding; Maybe simply a place to vent a bit.

Ultimately though, I believe the problem is with the looking glass-- they need to spiritualize their identity and their outward approach on life; They are too carnalized, too focused on the "flesh" instead of focused on the "spirit." I think that's where they might get stuck and trapped.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
As a part-time videographer, watching that video from the shooter's perspective was eerie. Makes me want to mount a rearview mirror on my camera.

It is totally creepy..

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is being turned into another gun grabbers festival.
All the gun grabbers get giddy and are aroused whenever there is a horrible killing involving a gun.

This guy was standing there, pointed the gun multiple times. The nutcase would have just came with a samurai sword or a machete if he couldn't have found a gun.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

I think it would be a good idea for members of the bl. community to obtain counseling in a general yet mandatory manner; their integration into u.s. society just did not occur the right way..and it's unfortunate.

Wow.... just wow.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I never realized reporters had a "stage name." That's weird in and of itself. In any case, I found a video where he seems to be doing a report, if it is indeed him; it seems as though it is:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: tony9802

Wow.... just wow.

What's that supposed to mean? Do you dislike the idea of counseling?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This guy did NOT have mental health issues. I am so sick of someone who shoots people as always being labeled as a mental case as it does nothing but promote a bias that will lead to anyone who has ever taken a psychotropic drug not able to own a firearm.

If you need some Celexa to calm down after the death of someone close that does not make you crazy but some advocates of gun control would lump you right in.

If you see a psych for a divorce, does that mean you are crazy? On paper if could if people did not know why you were there.

This was calculated. He was efficient. He ended the job he started and then drove away. Got another vehicle and attempted still to flee. Methodical...not crazy.

There is not a person on this planet who at one time did not contemplate releasing their anger in a way that could end like this. If you say no, then you DO have built or pent up anger issues and should seek help.

Stop making excuses for this scumbag. He jealousy shot two co workers a year after he was fired andis tying to blame it on 'not fitting in'. Boo hoo...he should have swallowed the barrel and not changed the course of the relatives of those three innocent people forever.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

www.liveleak.com...
The above links for those who cannot find them are graphic in nature to say the least.
I truly hope the shooter finds no peace in hell....

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join