It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I tend to agree.

Roof was a nutcase as well whether it was racially motivated or not...
It still took a certain amount of crazy and snap to do what he did.

Brainwashing falls under mental health as well.

The difference was that Roof was automatically thrown into the hate crime category and there was no mental illness discussion as the motivation, even if you allowed that he was obviously nuts. He was obviously motivated by his hatred and racial prejudice.

In this case, his mental illness was obviously what motivated anything else, so we can't blame him for seeming to be full of hatred and racial prejudice.

Do you not see the subtle difference in the discussion? It's an important one. Either both are nuts and that mental disturbance is the root cause of everything else in BOTH CASES, or both acted on deep-seated racial prejudices and hatred that was exacerbated by a mental illness.

You can't split the difference.

Do you see how the two stories while being very much the same are being portrayed in a very different light thanks to the way we talk about them?
edit on 26-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Interesting point

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I do see a slight difference...

But I see a lot of nuanced differences between the two, on both sides of the political spectrum...

Not worth discussing and derailing.

Suffice to say I think this guy and Roof are two sides of the same coin.

Raw war propagators with small damaged minds.

The question remains, what do you tackle first...

The indoctrination, or the lack of morale?

Can't keep someone racist while you make them feel fluffy...
And you can't leave someone distraught inside while telling them racism is wrong...

Gotta be a balance on both.
edit on 26-8-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: tony9802

"You have to go to counseling because you're black."

Again, that'll go over well.

That's exactly what I'm saying;

You just need to be honest and recognize that they might have issues that caucasian america does not have.

I recognize that literally every person on the planet has issues that I may or may not have.

I don't believe forced mental therapy is the solution to that.

ETA - I don't know what happened to the quote. I only replied with the last two sentences.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
A few folks here coming across as personally offended because some of us have a view on this as "strange", to me this is strange, im not saying its a false flag or a conspiracy, just simply strange. At first i thought the guy shooting was white because in one picture the hand skin tone was perfect match with the white reporters skin tone, then someone posted two still images, of which the right side one did seem more fitting, but even then it looked more like a white hand with sun tan (uneven skin tone, more white in places than others) as opposed to a mixed race hand, a more even tanned skin tone.

Then the actual shooting itself is strange, at least 3 bullets are fired in her exact direction, and her body does not react at all to them, and these 3 shots occur before her body has done a full 180 (before even her first running step) surely her body should have reacted to at least one bullet (not just running in shock)

Then the whole thing with peripheral vision, come on ! Your tellin me if you were the reporter or interviewee you would not see a man walk up and raise his hand just the way a shooter would WITH SOMETHING BIG IN HIS HAND.

But as ive stated i cannot for the life of me think of any reason that THIS WOULD be a false flag event, to achieve what exactly ? The incident does seem legit, its just the way it unfolded is very strange to me, and too others

link   
In the summer of 2012 my parents started a restaurant on Claytor Lake (45 min south of SML). WDBJ7 did a brief spot with them on the water, interviewed by none other than the shooter Vester Flannigan (aka Brice Williams) during his short stint with the station. Nothing out of the ordinary at that time, still high strangeness.
The station just reported that in Vester's letter He ironically stated that other shootings such as Columbine, VT, etc infuriated him with the SC church shooting tipping the scales for him. He made refrence to himself as a "human powder keg."

link   
a reply to: Hellas

ETA: How come nobody saw him while he was pointing his gun at her in the beginning?

It was not exactly a highly-populated area, it was 6:30 in the morning....and she didn't see it because he line-of-sighted her. Element of surprise.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The counseling does not have to be forcible.. voluntary basis would be fine..
edit on 26-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CuriousPaddy
A few folks here coming across as personally offended because some of us have a view on this as "strange", to me this is strange, im not saying its a false flag or a conspiracy, just simply strange. At first i thought the guy shooting was white because in one picture the hand skin tone was perfect match with the white reporters skin tone, then someone posted two still images, of which the right side one did seem more fitting, but even then it looked more like a white hand with sun tan (uneven skin tone, more white in places than others) as opposed to a mixed race hand, a more even tanned skin tone.

Then the actual shooting itself is strange, at least 3 bullets are fired in her exact direction, and her body does not react at all to them, and these 3 shots occur before her body has done a full 180 (before even her first running step) surely her body should have reacted to at least one bullet (not just running in shock)

Then the whole thing with peripheral vision, come on ! Your tellin me if you were the reporter or interviewee you would not see a man walk up and raise his hand just the way a shooter would WITH SOMETHING BIG IN HIS HAND.

But as ive stated i cannot for the life of me think of any reason that THIS WOULD be a false flag event, to achieve what exactly ? The incident does seem legit, its just the way it unfolded is very strange to me, and too others

I have made the same observations as you:

1. I thought originally in the first photograph where the camera is on the ground that the shooter was absolutely caucasian.

2. The shooting itself: I suppose he is a very bad shot.

3. The peripheral vision: totally agree- it makes the filming of the event look very postured and posed.

For all we know this could be about crisis actors, False flag. To be honest with you, what no one is talking about is the fact that currently the u.s. gov is creating a huge (Rayyce) divide between various groups in preparation for gun confiscation and martial law. Are people unable to see that? Charleston was a psy-op too.

It's also serving as a huge distraction from Jade Helm and troop movement in the u.s. I feel the entire public is being manipulated and mind controlled in the u.s. with this obsession with Rayyyce..Simply create more absurd killings between groups and see how people respond.
edit on 26-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I do think nuts is nuts.

And it seems both created circumstances that made their worlds a dark and sinister version of reality that fed their inner emotional imbalances.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I do think nuts is nuts.

And it seems both created circumstances that made their worlds a dark and sinister version of reality that fed their inner emotional imbalances.

That sounds precise, in my opinion.

Tied together with some kind of indoctrination...
Either too much bottling up emotions born of a favoured media outlet or person(s) they hung around with who planted seeds.

That's not a Marilyn Manson fallacy, it's just how it happens sometimes.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

It's just said IMO that it took another incident like this to prod people to view both incident through the lens in this way.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

This happened very close to my location, and it has really rattled me. He shot himself on I-66 in Fauquier County, where my physician's office is located...I go there at least twice a month. I don't care what the motivation was, and no one else around here really does either. We're all just in shock and feeling very vulnerable right now.

The last thing I said to my housemate when he dropped me at the shop this morning was "This man will be dead before the day is out, he will commit suicide, wait and see." About 45 mins later a friend came in and told me he'd shot himself and run off the road off 66...he wasn't dead, but he was on his way out. He didn't do this expecting to walk away from it. It was actually a comfort to know that he wouldn't survive his gunshot. Maybe that sounds cold and callous, but I really don't care. I'm glad he is dead. I only wish he had done it before he took the lives of those people.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Indeed it is...

& more likely than not, it'll all be forgotten for the next one and we'll have to start again.

I wonder if there is a flag we can blame for today. /sarc

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: ketsuko

I do think nuts is nuts.

That sounds precise, in my opinion.

Tied together with some kind of indoctrination...
Either too much bottling up emotions born of a favoured media outlet or person(s) they hung around with who planted seeds.

That's not a Marilyn Manson fallacy, it's just how it happens sometimes.

Sometimes people aren't equipped to deal with failure. Maybe roof just came to a realization that life wasn't happening the way he wanted . Someone is at fault, must be those evil black people. Maybe same here, fired a few times , must be racists and homophobic people and builds from there. Maybe along with all the good that should come from childhood people also need exposure to more failure and learn how to deal with it. Failure growing up might be fixed by hitting a reset button on a game, or being told you did your best and hugged or whatever else. When your an adult not so much.

The again maybe I haven't got the slightest clue as to what I am talking about.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I think you have a point but we have no idea if Roof or Bryce were exposed to failure as children...

Most likely were given their ages.

It's an all too new phenomena to bubble wrap a generation and it's no doubt going to cause "soft minds" in the future.

Anyone who believes in evolution can't deny that, and anyone who knows about mental health can't deny that.

In this case I'd say it's case of narcissism and psychosis coming to the fore.
But who knows, maybe he was overly protected from the bad in life.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
HuffPo is reporting that the shooter had subpoenaed personnel records for the two victims in 2014 as part of a lawsuit he filed against the station.

So that makes two lawsuits that we know of so far.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Alison Parker looks just like Robbie Parker of Sandy Hook.

2nd.
edit on 26-8-2015 by cfnyaami because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
HuffPo is reporting that the shooter had subpoenaed personnel records for the two victims in 2014 as part of a lawsuit he filed against the station.

So that makes two lawsuits that we know of so far.

Thanks for the information..I believe I was the one who asked that question somewhere on page 29 or something..

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Now that my friend is a great view of the situation and the reason i made the comment about some people getting personally offended because we view the situation like this, your explanation makes perfect sense of a very non believable thing that people think would happen, which is why it is essential to view anything that even seems remotely odd, as odd, and put our views across so we can discuss it.

What stands out to me the most is the actual shooting, them first 3 shots, either he has a very bad aim, of which by viewing the footage the projectory of the bullets one should have at least hit her chest neck area, and her body does not react to this in any way other than running, maybe because of the shock of the situation, but if that is her screaming in the video too, not even a change in voice tone as at least one of them bullets hit her

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join