It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: TheBlacklist
a reply to: yuppa

The ommitted comma is of no relevance here, I just forgot to put in there in my reply.

"What are we having for dinner mother?"
"What are we having for dinner, mother?"

Are you going to eat mommy?? Are you going to eat, mommy? Think that comma is pretty important to mom huh?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

"sigh"..... just wait until it happens to you...... I am starting to think this is something everybody is going to have to face pretty soon.... you can only explain away so much, until it happens to you. Then you want some better answers than " ohhh poor memory... " No $^&*???? really, do you think if it were that simple this amount to people
would be having these problem, out of the blue??

I mean there are several things that have seemingly changed for me, but i'm not so arrogant as to discount an error on my part.

This one doesnt even compare to the other Mandela effect examples though because there are decades old examples of both quotes. If you remembered it one way but couldnt find any examples from the past where it was quoted both ways then thag would be something. Maybe you just didnt bother to look up the decades old clip i mentioned where it is misquoted as "luke i am your father" which caused people to misquote the movie and led to your faulty memory.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

I'm going with the misquote theory. I always heard people say "Luke... I am your father." But then when I finally got around to seeing the movie a number of years ago, I never heard him say that once and I seem to remember saying to myself "Huh that's strange, he never said that quote so why do people say that? I guess they just be creatively quoting him." I do have a somewhat bad memory, but that is what I remember thinking. The alternative is that after the movie I heard people say that and thought to myself "That's funny, I don't remember that quote being in the movie". I do believe it was one or the other.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
its so awesome how all the books in the library and storage in our attics and what not CHANGED from STEIN to STAIN.

i'm keeping a close eye on Richard SCARRY.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Apparently the time bandits are at work. (No, not the ones from the corny yet fun early 1980's movie.) Doing their best to stay hidden, but if chaos theory does indeed apply, can't keep time travel from polluting the timeline.

I think I noticed a descrepency in the timeline when the typical rim-shot sound effect changed from ba-dum-dum-tish to ba-dum-tish. For me, it the shorter sound effect skipped a beat.

Of course the thing with the bears and Dearth Vader also apply.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I told a few of my RL friends about it, plus the bears and "Play it again sam", gone with the wind, Billy Graham's alive and a few others, and they are kind of stunned to say the least.... especially Billy Graham not dying. My one friend was flipping his lid, he wanted to get out the car, saying I was lying that he is alive now etc, he is convinced Billy Graham DIED, as a re a lot of us..... when you start talking in real life, and see the emotions of others, you realize, you may not be just $h!tt!ng yourself...

edit on 15-9-2015 by hidingthistime because: forgot a point.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Emotion is an indicator of fact?

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Emotion is an indicator of fact?

Um no... it is an indicator that I am not in this alone, it shows me that I am not the only person who finds this more than just some conspiracy theory.... it shows that "normal folk" have these same shared memories as well, etc....

WHY may I ask are you trolling all of the threads on these subjects??

If you are trying to suppress anyone, bumping threads is not going to help you.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think that in the movie it was always no,i am your father but the original actor made appearances where he said luke,i am your father

in the filming he actually said Luke,obiwan killed your father...and that is why luke was shedding tears in the scene
edit on 16-9-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
We watched it in the theater.... we started saying it from then on, and every time we watched it we nailed that line..... it would be like "Where's the beef" changing to "where's the chicken" and everyone saying.... no it was always chicken, and trying to give you 10000 explanations why it was always chicken, when you know damn well it was "where's the beef!"
that's all I can say...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It doesn't seem like you nailed it.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
It doesn't seem like you nailed it.

Like people singing a song with the wrong words happens all the time. And those people really thought the knew the words of the song.

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
SUBJECT: Lucifer, I am your Father

What could be the subject?

posted on Oct, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It isn't lucifer...

Did you think it was?

a reply to: Milah

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Me and my friends used to watch episodes 4,5, and 6 all the time. It's always been " no, I am your father". It's just one of those movie quotes that always gets misquoted. It's how we used to tell real fans from fake ones, along with who can tell you who shot first, Han or Greedo, and people who can explain the whole Kessel run in 12 parsecs enigma.

Right.

What I remember from original theatrical release:

Han shot first, and shot last. Greedo never shot anybody because he had a burning hole where his chest used to be. Han's a bad mofo and blasted Greedo straight in cold blood. [OK OK Greedo did have a gun on him and was trying to rob Han of lots of Jabba's money which would put Han in even more trouble than before.]

If you watch the movie not as a nerd, but as somebody who has watched a movie or two with tough guys in a bar before, Han figures he can BS a couple of ignorant country rednecks.

"What, you've never heard of the Millenium Falcon?"
"Should I have?"
"She's the ship that made the Kessel run in less that 12 parsecs!"

If you watch the film, Kenobi, who knows better, raises his eyebrow skeptically but doesn't want to antagonize his ride so he continues on. No, there's no such thing as the Kessel run and obviously 12 parsecs doesn't make any sense as it shouldn't to anybody knows anything.

This interpretation is obvious if you think like George & Marcia Lucas 1977 who were still interested in classic movie tropes for character introduction and storytelling, unlike nerd Lucas 2000+.
edit on 2-10-2015 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

All of the misquotes have a common structure: they are summaries which stand alone better without requring as much supporting context. Consequently, people remember them better.

"No, I am your father!" And uh, who are you?

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Ok, NOW things just got 100000 times weirder! Look up the human anatomy, and how much THAT has changed!
holy frigging ^/#@!

The ribs, heart, stomache, pineal gland, brain large and small intestines, liver...... glance over that and get back to me.... there is no denying the changes there!

Its so friggin nuts, it must be nice to be in denial like some people are, but I am finally ok with it now....

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Why don't you tell us what we're looking for in regards to anatomy.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

That was never, ever the case. Darth Vader never ever said, "Luke, I am your father" [LIAYF]. What he said was, "No, *I* am your father" [NIAYF] (emphasis on the 'I' put there by me as he did emphasise the pronoun).

The reason people seem to remember LIAYF is because this is the doing of the mass media that used the Star Wars reference over and over. And they could not us the NIAYF quote on its own as it was decontextualised -- just saying NIAYF had no real meaning or impact.

Therefore, in sitcoms, adverts, cartoons, etc -- the LIAYF (mis)quote was used BECAUSE it contextualised it - now 'Luke' was in the context and people, aware of pop culture, knew it was Star Wars and Darth Vader speaking.

THAT is why you, and many others, think Darth Vader said LIAYF when in fact he said NIAYF.

I will never ever forget that as I saw it in the cinema in May 1980 on the release date and 8 times after that and then hundreds of times since.

There is NO timeshift or bollocks like that and don't drag my Star Wars into your sick, twisted grip on reality.

posted on Apr, 19 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackDog

Why don't you tell us what we're looking for in regards to anatomy.

Just look at it.... heart is now in the middle and huge, stomach is still on left but huge and lower, ribs are now attatched in the front.... pineal gland is no longer third eye in the front, but way back in the middle....intestines are all like scribbles instead of neatly arranged on each other, liver is way high up and huge...

There is probly a ton more if I keep looking, but the ribs are wayyyyyy too weird!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join