It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: hidingthistime

So you think that your memory of separate items from the 60's, the 70's, the 80's and the 90's are all due to a timeline shift...are you shifting back and forth? This whole timeline thing has just been one massive "I have a bad memory and don't want to admit it" scapegoat.

You would have a great point, if me and millions of others had NOT watched star wars since the 70's or 80's, but when you watch it every christmas, and like I said earlier, just can't WAIT to join in at the line you know, like I said I do with Wayne's world and Princess bride, or owning the chorus in a song you know etc.... well, I would have noticed by now, one of the 500 times I watched it, and couldn't WAIT to put my Darth voice on! I would have been shocked already, and been through this already... it would be like in princess bride, the line changing from " Stop that rhyming I meant it! Anybody want a peanut?" To " Anyone want peanuts? or something stupid like that. With some things, you have said while watching it, enough times to KNOW.

if while singing bohemian rhapsody, Garth didn't know the words and mouth "rarararara" at a a different spot than at " anyone can see".... etc it is BURNED into my brain... I bet most people didn't even notice Garth wording "Rarararara" at "anyone can see", but I even do it when I sing the karaoke version.

Do you see what I am saying?

See Garth at 2:55 does not know the words.... also, if he ever said anything besides " Stop torturing yourself man, you'll never afford it, LIVE IN THE NOW!" at 2:24, I would also crap my pants as I usually look at the person closest to me while watching and stare them down and say the " LIVE IN THE NOW!" part, right into their eyeballs... ( another movie I have watched 50000 times.

edit on 27-8-2015 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

originally posted by: raymundoko

So you think that your memory of separate items from the 60's, the 70's, the 80's and the 90's are all due to a timeline shift...are you shifting back and forth? This whole timeline thing has just been one massive "I have a bad memory and don't want to admit it" scapegoat.

You would have a great point, if me and millions of others had NOT watched star wars since the 70's or 80's, but when you watch it every christmas, and like I said earlier, just can't WAIT to join in at the line you know, like I said I do with Wayne's world and Princess bride, or owning the chorus in a song you know etc.... well, I would have noticed by now, one of the 500 times I watched it, and couldn't WAIT to put my Darth voice on! I would have been shocked already, and been through this already... it would be like in princess bride, the line changing from " Stop that rhyming I meant it! Anybody want a peanut?" To " Anyone want peanuts? or something stupid like that. With some things, you have said while watching it, enough times to KNOW.

if while singing bohemian rhapsody, Garth didn't know the words and mouth "rarararara" at a a different spot than at " anyone can see".... etc it is BURNED into my brain... I bet most people didn't even notice Garth wording "Rarararara" at "anyone can see", but I even do it when I sing the karaoke version.

Do you see what I am saying?

Oooh ooh let me.... let me....

You would have gotten away with this if you had used any film but the Princess Bride but that is probably my most watched film.

So I can only assume you mean the line....

"No more rhymes, now, I mean it"?

Even when showing how you cannot misremember certain things, you managed to misremember one. How did you put it?

"With some things, you have said while watching it, enough times to KNOW. "

Oops

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ComplexCassandra
Oooh ooh let me.... let me....

You would have gotten away with this if you had used any film but the Princess Bride but that is probably my most watched film.

So I can only assume you mean the line....

"No more rhymes, now, I mean it"?

Even when showing how you cannot misremember certain things, you managed to misremember one. How did you put it?

"With some things, you have said while watching it, enough times to KNOW. "

Oops

Actually I WILL give you that one, as the Princess bride I have not seen in years because I watched it with my friend Alanah all the time, and the first part of the rhyme was "her" part", and my part was " anybody want a peanut"..... I also have not seen her or the movie for at least 15 years.

Like I said earlier in the thread, some songs that weren't MY songs I had wrong and owned it, and when I know I am wrong I CAN own it, but some things like with Garth and Darth (irony) I KNOW, I do those lines! Like anybody want a peanut is MY line in that one, because in the friends ship I was the bratty rebel.... if that makes sense.... if you are a humour person, you would understand!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

if you are a humour person, you would understand!

I understand that like every other person on this planet, your memory is imperfect.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

if you are a humour person, you would understand!

I understand that like every other person on this planet, your memory is imperfect.

Yes, but not with repetition, and not with everything and anything. You have to accept that. If it had changed earlier, I would have been on the "NO" train by now, simple as that. I am quite a passive person, as I said, when I see an error, I admit it, like with the line that was Alanah's part, I instantly admit I was wrong. Heck, I didn't even look it up, because my part in that, it was always "anybody want a peanut? "

BUT incase you didn't notice, I did NOT think me being wrong about HER line was anything like the " LUKE, (pause) I am your FATHER"...I KNEW that was just ME being wrong.... there is a difference. That one didn't shake me world, because I know I was unsure about the line that SHE quoted instead of ME.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Maybe the issue is, as you stated, you talked loudly over the movie during the scene and were never able to be corrected...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
This is easy enough to disprove.
Just look up yhe source of why people have a false memory.
Chris Farley saying Luke I am your father. If it truly was a time line change than that old clip of him would match the film, instead they both exist.

There you go, just people having an incorrect memory based on a popular skit.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

"sigh"..... just wait until it happens to you...... I am starting to think this is something everybody is going to have to face pretty soon.... you can only explain away so much, until it happens to you. Then you want some better answers than " ohhh poor memory... " No $^&*???? really, do you think if it were that simple this amount to people
would be having these problem, out of the blue??

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Great so you have timeline shifts..

No amount of proof showing what you are saying is wrong will make a difference. You have it in your head that it couldn't be the obvious explanation but rather has to be what you say it is..

Occam says "god speed time traveller!"

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   

That's the thing, though. Contemporary studies have shown that it does, in fact, happen to just about everyone. I, myself, have experienced it several times throughout my life. The difference lies in the interpretation. What I put down to a brain-fart others apparently interpret as a timeline shift.

Every time you remember an event from the past, your brain networks change in ways that can alter the later recall of the event. Thus, the next time you remember it, you might recall not the original event but what you remembered the previous time. The Northwestern study is the first to show this.

“A memory is not simply an image produced by time traveling back to the original event -- it can be an image that is somewhat distorted because of the prior times you remembered it,” said Donna Bridge, a postdoctoral fellow at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine and lead author of the paper on the study recently published in the Journal of Neuroscience. “Your memory of an event can grow less precise even to the point of being totally false with each retrieval.”

Source

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

"sigh"..... just wait until it happens to you...... I am starting to think this is something everybody is going to have to face pretty soon.... you can only explain away so much, until it happens to you. Then you want some better answers than " ohhh poor memory... " No $^&*???? really, do you think if it were that simple this amount to people
would be having these problem, out of the blue??

A great great many people are and have been wrong about a great many things, we're not infallible and neither are you.

Whats more likely, people have overtime gotten the quote wrong, or that future people have invented a time machine and are 'changing the timeline' for seemingly nefarious reasons?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

That's just it. These people don't understand the timeline science, which is FRINGE science mind you.

If a timeline changes you would never know it. You would be in the new timeline and you wuold have ALWAYS been in the new timeline from the time something split.

There is no traveling between timelines. Theoretically, if a time traveler changed a timeline, they would then return to the new timelines future and only they would remember the old timeline.

What these people have done is taken PARTS of DIFFERENT theories, theories which often contradict or disagree with each other, and created their own idea of what that means. In this case, they are using it as personal confirmation that their memory is perfect, and that they just got switched to a new timeline.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I think "timeline" would not be the right word. Dimensional shift perhaps.

Big Star Wars fan here. Must have seen them 100's of times as a kid. As far as I am concerned it has always been "Luke I am your father".

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlacklist
a reply to: raymundoko

I think "timeline" would not be the right word. Dimensional shift perhaps.

Big Star Wars fan here. Must have seen them 100's of times as a kid. As far as I am concerned it has always been "Luke I am your father".

Misquotes make it in to popular culture all the time. In fact many lines we recognize with famous movies is misquotes.

Here's one that popular “Elementary, my dear Watson!” was never said by Sherlock holmes on any of his books. Yet you say it and people know who it is.
“Play it again, Sam” again never said yet if asked people will say it's from casablanca.

“Beam me up, Scotty!” never used in in star trek by captain kirk.

“Houston, we have a problem.” or people will say “Houston, we’ve got a problem.”. Both are wrong what was actually said was “Houston, we’ve had a problem.”

“You want the truth? You can’t handle the truth!” the actual line in the movie is “You want answers?” “I want the truth.” “You can’t handle the truth!”

Misquotes often make if into popular culture so why should star wars be any diffrent. Any movie that has a major impact will have lines misquoted.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBlacklist

Not really that big of a fan then are you. When was the last time you actually watched it, since you're so sure it's "Luke, I am your father" ?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackDog

You seem confused. It obviously is not "Luke I am your father". I said that, as far as I am concerned, it always WAS "Luke I am your father."

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlackDog

Not really that big of a fan then are you. When was the last time you actually watched it, since you're so sure it's "Luke, I am your father" ?

The comma represents dramatic pause apparently.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The ommitted comma is of no relevance here, I just forgot to put in there in my reply.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Another timeline would be in a different dimension? It wouldn't be 3 dimensional?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlacklist
a reply to: yuppa

The ommitted comma is of no relevance here, I just forgot to put in there in my reply.

"What are we having for dinner mother?"
"What are we having for dinner, mother?"
edit on 8/29/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join