It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

Yes, a FANTASY show is a great place to get source material.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

We are talking about movies and TV shows that changed due to alterations in the timeline, I thought it appropriate to mention a TV show and a movie that are about this very subject.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No TV shows or movies have changed. Only the memory associated with them.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So says you, other people are discussing far more than that, and I can appreciate you sharing your perspective as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I have shared my perspective in both this and the original Berenstain thread. I have linked dozens of scientific peer reviewed papers about memory and how it works. I have several memories which are quite vivid and have been completely contradicted by photographic evidence. I chose the correct course and realized my memory was wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Thank you, and thanks for reading! =)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Yawn, the point is that a discussion is to be open to possibilities, not to take a crap on others who want to discuss it.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt

Yawn, the point is that a discussion is to be open to possibilities, not to take a crap on others who want to discuss it.

Exactly!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

No TV shows or movies have changed. Only the memory associated with them.

None have changed for YOU, nothing is different for YOU. But for THOUSANDS now, we have shared past memories that we can't deny ourselves

When I first started discovering these things it was terrifying, so not just a casual cup of tea.

If you have not experienced it personally, then not sure why you are in the discussion.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It sounds like you want to dismiss those who disagree and have a pow wow with those who do. That's not a discussion, that's a logical fallacy.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

It hasn't changed for anyone. Your memory is wrong. It's a logical fallacy to think that because so many people are wrong they must be right.

Creating Shared Memories
edit on 20-4-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

On the contrary sir, I did not dismiss you, I thanked you for your perspective. You seem to be the one looking for conflict. I was hoping to add something constructive to the discussion.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
may, 2009

it was always, 'No, I am your father'

Darth Vader telling Luke Skywalker "Luke, I am your father" is a line most movie fans will never forget ... or it would be, if it had ever been said. The line, from The Empire Strikes Back, was never actually said and is the most misquoted line in movie history. A poll asked over 1,500 movie fans to name their top movie misquotes with 17 percent voting for the Star Wars blunder. Real fans will of course know that it was "No, I am your father" delivered by David Prowse in the jaw-drop moment that has been eternally misquoted since its release in 1980. Number two comes from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs where “Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?” has been turned into the “Mirror, mirror on the wall…” (15 per cent). Clint Eastwood’s most quoted one-liner "Do you feel lucky, punk?" got third place with real fans knowing it was "Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?" Casablanca’s "Play it again, Sam" came in fourth place as the line was actually never spoken in the movie where "You played it for her, you can play it for me ... if she can stand it, I can. Play it!" was said. Not that we’re one to argue with Hannibal Lector, but the chilling Silence of the Lambs quote in fifth position is also a lie. "Hello Clarice" was in fact more a "Good evening, Clarice" A spokesperson for Lovefilm.com who commissioned the poll said: “Iconic film lines are part of everyone’s vocabulary these days, but it’s interesting how years of quoting have had a Chinese whisper effect on accuracy. "Like the Vader and Kirk lines, most are only a word or two out, but that’s enough. Robin Williams yelling ‘Gooooood Morning Chelten-ham’, for instance, is definitely not the same thing.” The Top Ten Movie Misquotes were as follows: “Luke, I am your father” – Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) (17%) “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?” - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) (15%) “Do you feel lucky, punk?” - Dirty Harry (1971) (13%) “Play it again, Sam” – Casablanca (1942) (12%) “Hello, Clarice” – Silence of the Lambs (1991) (10%) “Beam me up, Scotty!” – Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) (9%)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Yawn

Hmm...what was I thinking?

Adding something constructive would be more than just looking for people who agree with you. It would be stepping back and looking at the issue from a fresh perspective, one not your own. The scientific perspective shows that even though a lot of you feel the same way, you are wrong. The only thing at issue here is ones pride. Do you want to admit you (in general) were possibly wrong, or would you rather invent fantasy of merging alternate universes? If the latter, perhaps one should look at why they would prefer that to be the answer. If the answer is simply, Because I know I am not wrong, then the issue could be pride combined with faulty memory. Intellect is not in question.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yes everyone else loves being shouted down by you and your bully tactics, as a matter of fact it was your ignorant but who dismissed me , now if you want to go around telling everyone that they are wrong and you are right, maybe being on the playground with the others isn't the place for you.
edit on Wed20164V201620530 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Why do you insist on following people from thread to thread telling them you are the top authority on everything g that YOU have not experienced.

I can read, and even write a ton of books on parenting, but let me assure you, in real life, 90% of it gets thrown out the window..... And al LOT of people with out kids have written books on parenting.... But until they have children, all the writing in the world will not make them a parent.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

I have shared my perspective in both this and the original Berenstain thread. I have linked dozens of scientific peer reviewed papers about memory and how it works. I have several memories which are quite vivid and have been completely contradicted by photographic evidence. I chose the correct course and realized my memory was wrong.

You chose not to consider that no matter how hard it would for a human to wrap his mind about the concept of melding universes, that somehow could happen naturally or un-natrually. Thats what you choose. I have read all your posts in the Berenstein thread. You just downright are not even open to the possibilities.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
may, 2009

Darth Vader telling Luke Skywalker "Luke, I am your father" is a line most movie fans will never forget ... or it would be, if it had ever been said. The line, from The Empire Strikes Back, was never actually said and is the most misquoted line in movie history. A poll asked over 1,500 movie fans to name their top movie misquotes with 17 percent voting for the Star Wars blunder. Real fans will of course know that it was "No, I am your father" delivered by David Prowse in the jaw-drop moment that has been eternally misquoted since its release in 1980. Number two comes from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs where “Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?” has been turned into the “Mirror, mirror on the wall…” (15 per cent). Clint Eastwood’s most quoted one-liner "Do you feel lucky, punk?" got third place with real fans knowing it was "Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?" Casablanca’s "Play it again, Sam" came in fourth place as the line was actually never spoken in the movie where "You played it for her, you can play it for me ... if she can stand it, I can. Play it!" was said. Not that we’re one to argue with Hannibal Lector, but the chilling Silence of the Lambs quote in fifth position is also a lie. "Hello Clarice" was in fact more a "Good evening, Clarice" A spokesperson for Lovefilm.com who commissioned the poll said: “Iconic film lines are part of everyone’s vocabulary these days, but it’s interesting how years of quoting have had a Chinese whisper effect on accuracy. "Like the Vader and Kirk lines, most are only a word or two out, but that’s enough. Robin Williams yelling ‘Gooooood Morning Chelten-ham’, for instance, is definitely not the same thing.” The Top Ten Movie Misquotes were as follows: “Luke, I am your father” – Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) (17%) “Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?” - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937) (15%) “Do you feel lucky, punk?” - Dirty Harry (1971) (13%) “Play it again, Sam” – Casablanca (1942) (12%) “Hello, Clarice” – Silence of the Lambs (1991) (10%) “Beam me up, Scotty!” – Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) (9%)

Surely if there was some sort of time slip, then something like this, a mass misremembering of such well known cultural property would be a good indicator?

If you are someone who's timeline is unaffected, you'd be convinced that everyone else "Has it wrong" when in fact, they could merely be the people for whom something has changed in their time line?

(For the record, I am firmly in the "Luke, I am your father" camp, but I'm not some nerd who has watched it a bazillion times).
edit on 20pWed, 20 Apr 2016 18:07:20 -050020162016-04-20T18:07:20-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: bracket, dammit

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
may, 2009

Surely if there was some sort of time slip, then something like this, a mass misremembering of such well known cultural property would be a good indicator?

If you are someone who's timeline is unaffected, you'd be convinced that everyone else "Has it wrong" when in fact, they could merely be the people for whom something has changed in their time line?

(For the record, I am firmly in the "Luke, I am your father" camp, but I'm not some nerd who has watched it a bazillion times).

For the record, you are mistaken. I disagree with your claim of "mass" misremebering, but I do agree with the misremembering part

logically, wouldn't every movie/album/tv show have the same issue ?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Depends what changed in the timeline doesn't it?

Something that may have altered the script could perhaps have been unique to that writer and thus had no effect on, say, Harry Potter books...

It would have to be a big thing to affect a broad range of media, wouldn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join