It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime
a reply to: blupblup

just put yourself in my shoes for a second and imagine how it feels, as I said to someone else, what if you woke up one day, and you had always known your mothers name was Margarie, and every card had said that, her siblings called her that, and it was just HER, she IS her name.... Margarie.

But that's a poor analogy as this film and book was always called that.... you mishearing it and remembering it poorly has nothing to do with actual reality.
It's the way the With flows into the THE.... it's a very easy mistake to make, just own it... move on.

That is the situation, for me and THOUSANDS of others, with Billy Graham, Nelson Mandela, Bernstein bears, LUKE I am your father, and such.... just think how would you feel??? What would you do???

Thousands of people is crazy.

Well I thought Mandela died before he did too... but you know why?
It's because he was old and sick and there were scares a few times and they thought he MIGHT die and they show all the tributes and you feel bad and remember what a great man he was... and you're at peace with him shuffling off this mortal coil
Except he doesn't but the news never really goes into it as a new terror attack happens or Obama wears two odd shoes so the media goes into a frenzy and poor old hospitalised (but not dead) Mandela isn't as interesting as he was when the salivating press thought he was a goner

So months later or a year or so, when he actually DOES die... you're all like "WTF MAN!!!" I'm sure he died last year".

But he didn't.

So get over it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No need to be sorry, though I am not really sure what you mean by the 'skeptic side'. Is that the side that says inexplicable and unexplainable phenomenon does not occur? That's not skeptical, that is a decree made from a position of not knowing it's unscientific , in fact it's just as faith based as those who cry aliens and timeline shift! My side is an open one, and one that wishes inquiry and accepts new information, evaluates that information, and still does not draw conclusions especially when dealing with the seemingly extraordinary. Let me ask you should we investigate extraordinary claims?
edit on 26-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Nelson Mandela didn't die a FEW MONTHS after they thought he was sick, he died DECADES, after the entire world mourned him and watched his funeral full of dignitaries from around the globe, and quoted him for years....

Wait until it happens to YOU, I hope you are next! It is not a FUN thing to happen, it sucks as there are no answers, no help, just other people with the shared memories.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

Nelson Mandela didn't die a FEW MONTHS after they thought he was sick, he died DECADES, after the entire world mourned him and watched his funeral full of dignitaries from around the globe, and quoted him for years....

Wait until it happens to YOU, I hope you are next! It is not a FUN thing to happen, it sucks as there are no answers, no help, just other people with the shared memories.

OK cool.

Well you enjoy the thread, I'm at the point where I've said what I wanted to and this will just become abusive and antagonistic and so on.
Good luck in your quest anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Not because you disagree - because of the way you disagree. You are so vehemently opposed to the idea that you retort to childish insults and pursue displaying irrational angers over a internet web forum. You're perfect prey for an internet troll - god forbid something factual and demonstrable pointed to the idea of people traveling between universes/realities. I'd compare your kind to the religious fundamentalists out there. When something isn't the way you want it to be - oh dear god the world is coming to an end. There's plenty of scientific theories which support the idea of multiple universes, I suggest you do some reading. Albeit I will give you this - as of now there's no concrete evidence that anyone has ever crossed universes/realities however there's some such as myself who remember Mandela being dead, along with my family. The retort that it's a false memory is incorrect. It was not a false memory, we all remember it being broadcasted on multiple MSM outlets. He was dead, not alive - and it was not some kind of cover-up which garnered little to no media attention. It was alllllllllllllll over.

io9.com...

Do some reading. While not accepted as scientific fact - it is accepted by around 15-20% of scientists as being a likely plausibility and could easily account for phenomena such as accidentally shifting between universes. Hell, even Michio Kaku states that something as simple as deja vu might be our brains becoming decoherent and seeing a different version of ourselves at a different time.

By the way, I will not get off the internet young grasshopper. Especially when I can be entertained by those such as yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: b3l13v3

woah, super cool link, thanks, I will go read it and try not to let me head explode, as I see too much evidence and want to at least understand better, even if I AM helpless to do anything about it, I think some education on the matter, MAY help me a bit. I will still greatly and deeply mourn my lost reality though!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

If you want some education on the subject I suggest you read my thread as well:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and by read I mean read the entire thread. Read my position on the subject, read the counter positions on the subject - and take into consideration the level of (for the most part) patience I exercise with those countering my belief. When trying to describe something as fundamentally earth shattering as traveling between universes one must do their homework. There are many many many points individuals will use to counter your belief, I believe in that thread you may find some defenses. The use of language is very important when trying to convey your point across to those who do not wish to understand you and simply attempt to dismiss.
edit on 26-8-2015 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for someone to come along and tell me Michael Jackson died in another timeline..........
and that he wasn't a white guy.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: Segenam

Deny ignorance no?

And do tell, how is a refutation being annoying? Or are you annoyed that I've challenged your view? If so, again deny ignorance.

my view ? .. i didnt share my view here .. no ... i found you annoying, purely cos you were uneccesserily rude, and then i have to read you say you find him annoying ...
i dont have much tolerance for people like yourself who are rude to others, purely cos you think your knowledge is more realistic than the person youre speaking down to ...

interesting you assume it was down to opposing views ... nope ... just you being rude ...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I asked my husband, "What's the Star Wars line when Darth Vader reveals his identity"?

His immediate response was, "That's one of the most misquoted movie lines in the history of movies."

I pooh-pooh the time shift deal.

It's always been Berenstain, too.

Your memory and/or initial understanding of both are simply at fault.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Your memory and/or initial understanding of both are simply at fault.

The simplest explanation is usually the right one - however invoking the idea of parallel universes nothing is simple.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

That's fine to not draw extreme conclusions but once again, how do we reasonably explain billy Graham's death, his funeral, and subsequently his son taking over his ministry? I don't jump on the timeline train. However a certain group of people including my father and i,who saw this together, have this memory and that is troubling.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
I am a mere mutt, living in the bowels of the U.S..... So please forgive me for that.

ha ... that's okay man ... we love ya anyway

besides ... the US needs good people like yourself , beacons of light, shining happiness and sense out from within the hazy madness ... a magic beacon of light obviousy ...

anyway, need to keep on track else my pos will get removed .. so .. ehh .. OP, if you are indeed experiencing alternatate timelines ... and im not saying i believe ya .. but i appreciate from your perspectivbe it is real ... then .. if it were me .. id be keeping a close eye on the latest quantum physics happenings .. cos if its really happening for u ... i reckon quantum physics is heading in the direction of peeling back the layers of reality and its foundations ...

also, i recommend you set aside a day this week, and go out and get on a double decker bus, or whatever theyre called wherever you are ... and get on the top deck .. at the front ... sit at the front window .. if there are kids there, just stare at them, theyll soon move ... and just watch the scenery go by... its very therapeutic .. you can even pretend you are driving the bus .. from the top deck .. but remember, teh real driver can probably see you .. so try not get caught ...
and you can pretend you are in a different country .. like on a bus in nicaragua ... if you get an all day ticket, you could save a few quid ... just a suggestion ... i might do it .. think i just talked myself into it .. probably a great way to meet people too .. could maybe even start a double decker bus group meeting ... and whole groups of you meet up on double deckers .. plan your daily routes etc ... yeah

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality
Repeat a lie enough and it will become the truth.

If you think of memories as fixed data, than you will have trouble understanding why groups can share flawed memories. When you accept that memories are fluid, explanations become easy.

You and your father discuss your 'memory', correct?

By discussing the memory, you are both modifying, and that leads to shared, incorrect memories.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

The discussion took place upon finding out billy graham was still alive, and my inquiring and to my dad's amazement as well. btw both of us are extremely logical individuals, the memory of billy Graham's death is real, it was at least reported, I suppose it could of been a huge misreporting or mass hallucination. However our memory is not at fault as it was reported billy graham died, subsequently there was a funeral, and his son was taking over his ministry. I do not believe memory modification is what occurred, it's counter intuitive we discussed the memory because we were informed billy Graham is alive.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
So pretty much it seems more likely to me that some people have bad memories, some people are really stupid, and some people are afflicted with both.

What's more likely? Some nefarious govt. entity is changing timelines or that some people are dumb?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Domi, I don't know, certain events are uncanny like the billy graham "false memory", I am not jumping to conclusions, I'm saying seemingly extraordinary events need further investigation. Your position is that I'm #en retarded, well then I wear it nicely.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Nonsense. It has always been, and will always be:

"No, I am your father."

I've been quoting it since I was a kid, and also do 501st Legion stuff from time to time. Trust me. It has not changed. Unlike the explosion at the end of episode 4.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
people have started to take internet quotes WAAAAAY too much for granted. actually, scratch that, they've been doing it for a while now.

edit on 26-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Is that the side that says inexplicable and unexplainable phenomenon does not occur?

No, just that most claims can easily be explained. When I read could be this could be that I generally go with the mundane. I didn't used to, I almost miss it, but I value the truth and reality above all else and once you see, you can't unsee. I'd like to believe in the extraordinary I just require scientific proof now, I respect could be... but my brain usually says, probably not.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join