It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
We live in a society that would be hard-pressed to pick Earth out of a lineup of planets (and assorted sports balls). Of course it's a memory issue.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: b3l13v3

Thank you, this does bring some comfort.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Segenam

Awe.
A double decker bus would rock! I try to spend my healing time at the beach and kayaking with my son. The sun and ocean are my best friends, but the picture you drew is pretty darn good too.
Beep beep!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumberWarrior
I'm just waiting for someone to come along and tell me Michael Jackson died in another timeline..........
and that he wasn't a white guy.

lol, of course he died, in 2009, same day as Farah Faucette.... he was looking pretty white near the end.... poor guy.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

I actually watched that same video just the other day. It's strange, because I always remembered it that way too. Part of what stood out about it, in my memory, was the way Vader said: "LUKE!" It was so bold that I've actually mocked it a number of times (in a loving way, as I am a Star Wars fan,) saying: "LUUUUUUKE! " in an exaggerated way, as it was quite dramatic. And of course what followed was: "I am your father!"

But a while back I saw one of those 'top movie quotes you get wrong' vids which showed it as: "...he told me you killed him--" "--No. I am your father." This surprised me but I didn't think about it at the time. I just accepted it, thinking my memory was wrong. I'd never heard of the 'Mandela Effect' then and never considered such a thing possible. Yet, I continued to quote it the way I always remembered it. It's just unforgettable.

So, although it's not as vivid in my mind as "Berenstein Bears," I would say it's another possible example of the 'Mandela Effect," not just because I always had a memory of it being this way but also due to how many fans are speaking out about how clearly they remember it.

For me, I went a very long time without watching the old Star Wars films. I did watch the prequels, but they were so bad that they sort of threw me off Star Wars for a while. When I heard this line as being wrong, I was taken aback.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Empire strikes back is the only good Star Wars moving. He has always said "No! I am your father!". I've been having this same conversation with people since the mid 80's.

I still have the original cut movie on VHS and I had it converted to DVD. He definitely does NOT say Luke, I am your father.

Here is a YT clip of the original scene, also from the VHS tapes.

The 'No,' ...pause line makes more sense from a dramatic impact point of view, and perhaps since he says Luke as he is trying to persuade him a couple of lines before the No line, that it is easy to understand how people could fuse the two, especially as the whole scene is very intense.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It has always been No, I am your father.

Han shot first too.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
For what it's worth, as a child after having watched that movie, my brother and I would take turns talking into the fan (decades before Chris Farley) and saying "L..u..k..e. .....I am your father". Whether misquoted or not that's what we were saying and there was no internet to confuse us. Little weird.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tnhiker

Han shot first too.

And one more the name ewok never a pears in the film. But I bet most people believed they got the name from the movie. When humans remember things additional information can be added to the memory long after its over changing the original memory.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Han shot first too.

And one more the name ewok never a pears in the film. But I bet most people believed they got the name from the movie. When humans remember things additional information can be added to the memory long after its over changing the original memory.

Yep. Now everybody is going to go home and watch Return of the Jedi to see if its true or not.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Han shot first too.

Yep. Now everybody is going to go home and watch Return of the Jedi to see if its true or not.

Sorry, NOTHING could make me watch that piece of cinematic garbage again. Nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
For what it's worth, as a child after having watched that movie, my brother and I would take turns talking into the fan (decades before Chris Farley) and saying "L..u..k..e. .....I am your father". Whether misquoted or not that's what we were saying and there was no internet to confuse us. Little weird.

Exactly! We always said, it, way before the internet, and just last week I was saying it into the fan at the mini golf while in the ice cream line up. It is the most natural thing in the world.

ALSO, I have seen it MANY times in my recent adult life, and it would have shocked the pants off of me JUST as much, to see it as "NO", while watching it myself! I wouldn't need another guys video, and a mandela effect website for that to shock me! How come I wasn't shocked the other 5000 times I watched it? because it said LUKE, so nothing was OFF for me to be shocked at! I am a stickler for lines like that too.... reminds me of the meme about humming along to a song, and then the chorus comes along you sing that %ish like you own it! Well, I am like that with movie quotes while watching them, like with Wayne's World, Star Wars, Princess bride etc..... it annoys the heck out of my friends! I would have known it was " NO", wayyyy before 2-3 days ago!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Mondegreens?

I'm the god of velveeta, baby.

-Iron Butterfly

Isnt that "Inthegardenofeden baby?" He says it with no spacing and mumbles it out. ANd I to remember before the re mastering of Star wars vader did say Luke i am your father. After the remaster they edited it slightly is what actually happenned. THANKS OBAMA!! lol

OH and this sound sliek the work of "the editor" who goes around doing stuff liek this to mess with peoples heads.
edit on 15000000pppm by yuppa because: forgot to add something

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yuu saw it in your adult life, just not in the movie...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
ANd I to remember before the re mastering of Star wars vader did say Luke i am your father. After the remaster they edited it slightly is what actually happenned.

Nope. Even before the remastering, it was always 'no'. Somewhere I have the old, non-remastered version on vhs. I might dig it out later just for the hell of it lol.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I already posted a video from the untouched VHS

If you do have the VHS I suggest you take it to Walmart and get it converted to DVD! I did and I am always having people ask me to copy them for them so their kids can watch "the original original"

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Yup! It is definatly changed to " NO " in every copy ever made! there is none in exsistance with " LUKE " except the one this guy re-did.

and this is how we felt when we heard it as "NO" for the first time.... lol

edit on 27-8-2015 by hidingthistime because: forgot to add second vid

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
TBH I remember a thread about this in 2004 back on IGN/vault network

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That was only in your timeline.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So you think that your memory of separate items from the 60's, the 70's, the 80's and the 90's are all due to a timeline shift...are you shifting back and forth? This whole timeline thing has just been one massive "I have a bad memory and don't want to admit it" scapegoat.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join