It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Police Brutality? How About Black Brutality?”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

Void of logic? How exactly? Because you repeat the argument I made?

Because you want to talk about me, not the issues?

Because you want to try to criticize someone posting on a message board ... by posting on a message board?

Ironic.

What are you doing to change things?

I volunteer in my city. I donate time and money to groups working with poor and underprivileged folks. Of all races.

What do you do again? Besides anonymously whining about someone else's post on a message board?
edit on 6Sat, 22 Aug 2015 06:27:26 -050015p062015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

Many have been socially engineered (enculturation) to not co-exist as a whole and therefore black on black crime persist in the States. It's mind boggling to observe statistically considering the history of oppression towards the black community in the U.S. Together they stand and divided they fall is proven true daily within certain demographics of American society.

Again, I feel her. Yet, it is sad within this day and age that this thought - "her own people" - still exist and persist. Although I get where she is coming from, I find it disheartening to know that America still remains divided in the hearts and minds via many subcultures which include racial demographics. The day everyone attempts to come together and see the problem as everyone's problem is the day things will actually begin to improve.

MLK's dream for ALL of America still remains elusive.

Until this line of reasoning, in its several forms, is booted out of the conversation, the crap justifications for celebrating a dead criminal and disregarding a dead child will persist. This nonsense continues to perpetuates the problem, the dissonant mindset that chases phantom in the name of justice while themselves disregarding the injustice committed at their own hand upon their brothers. Its not a time to see the problem as everyone's problem but for real black leaders to turn their people to some real introspection.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Let's see if we can summarize here:

Black on Black violence is a problem in this country.

Cop on Black violence is a problem in this country.

Black on Cop violence ... Black Cops, White Cops, ...

White on White, Black on White, White on Black, etc. etc. etc.

Violence is the problem.

Rather than damning others who are working to stop one part of it, (BLM), what are we going to do?

Whine and belittle each other on ATS?

Wasn't that the lady's ultimate message? Care about ourselves and each other enough to "do the right thing"?

edit on 6Sat, 22 Aug 2015 06:36:38 -050015p062015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Ok brutality exists in society, but cops wear a badge saying to serve and protect. They are the last people we should expect to be using brutality in society against anyone no matter what creed or colour
edit on 22-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: c0gN1t1v3D1ss0nanC3

I volunteer in my city. I donate time and money to groups working with poor and underprivileged folks. Of all races.

This may be germane to the topic but apparently these great efforts have been really fruitless in correcting the real problem. You don't actually address the problem by your actions. Just think if the poor and underprivileged ever go their stuff together you would have to find a new stump to pedal your self-righteousness on. What do you think that opening more Salvation Army thrift stores and putting up more basketball hoops is going to solve the problem?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Ok brutality exists in society, but cops wear a badge saying to serve and protect. They are the last people we should expect to be using brutality in society against anyone no matter what creed or colour

Oh yea like the folks rioting are deeply concerned about police hypocrisy. Many of the protesters are gangbangers or groupies of same that are pissed off because the "Badge Blue" gang took down one of their own.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

So, we're going to give up? You don't know what happens in my city. You don't know (and don't care) what successes we've had, or the differences we've made.

Why, because you're just twisting reality to meet up with your beliefs. As usual.

Did I mention the Salvation Army? Does that sound like a group I would be working with?

But don't let what I said stop you ... you just keep on making up garbage as your agenda requires it, Log.

Self-righteousness? Well, "Aunt Bea" .. you're a good one to talk about that.

What are you doing to make a difference in your town, county, country?

Go ahead; thrill us with your success stories!
edit on 6Sat, 22 Aug 2015 06:55:40 -050015p062015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Am I hitting a little close to home there? Well how about the billions of dollars taken from tax payers over the decades and dumped into the effort? Look at the results if you can see them.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

No, as usual, you're taking wild stabs in the dark and self-congratulating.

Billions of dollars taken from tax payers ... OH, you mean taxes.

You're going to have to find someone to whine about paying your taxes somewhere else, this is not the place or time.

Let's use your logic and see where it gets us, eh?

"Well, how about the billions of dollars taken from tax payers over the decades and dumped into law enforcement?

And there's still crime! What a waste of money!"

According to your fallacious logic, we'd be better off to disband all police departments tomorrow.

Why try to make a difference, after all?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

The reason the MSM wont address black violence, is because when you do that, you have to start looking at the factors that promote it. High unemployment, lots of kids in single family households,lack of education, and cultural mores that in some way embrace violent behavior.There are segments of the hip hop/rap culture that largely glorify and idolize criminal behavior. I must add, that there are a lot of black people forced to live in horrific conditions, and are victims of the criminality, not perpetrators of it. Their voice is seldom heard. It's not a pretty picture, and people might start asking inconvenient questions, like why is this going on and why has it gone on for so long? Black violence is a symptom, its not the illness.It illustrates poverty and inequality,and they don't want to address that, so it gets ignored. Then a white police officer shoots a black youth however, they are all over it, because of the reaction they know it will bring. And they simply attribute it to racism. There is a lot of racial division in the country, and the shame of it is it doesnt need to be that way.
edit on 22-8-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

At least there are some intelligent people left in this world, with common sense and dignity

(post by PresidentHeston removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011
Nail > head > BAM!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Blacks today are very violent towards all races. Social conditioning has done this and the only way out is to change their hearts

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Blacks today are very violent towards all races. Social conditioning has done this and the only way out is to change their hearts

All Blacks, everywhere?

Or just in America?

Again, why does anyone think you guys are racist?

It's simply mind-boggling.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Criminality is universal.

If a cop does wrong, we should have the book thrown at them, yet they are doing wrong to the wrongdoers but the wrongdoers is the reason why we need the cops.

Who is more wrong? it's a vicious circle.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

(post by Msanti removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by Msanti removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: cj6
To suggest that black people are more violent than any other race is ignorant. But let's balance it out and say white people are the most corrupt people I've ever seen

Unfortunately the minute you claim another group [police] is set out to kill your specific group [black people] you have started the debate that separates all parties down the line of white/black/red/blue/green.

Now, if the police protest had included all people, a forum on the subject of black on black violence would have been inappropriate. But, given the distinction, I think its entirely relevant that black people will kill enough of their own in 6 months than in the entire history of the KKK. [86 years]

www.politifact.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

All Blacks, everywhere?
Or just in America?
Again, why does anyone think you guys are racist?
It's simply mind-boggling.

Context. Its an American issue so its a unsaid pre qualifier that the discussion is about American blacks.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join