It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Police Brutality? How About Black Brutality?”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Simmderdown
a reply to: Gryphon66

Rhetoric, still waiting for you to comment on the video

What did she say that was not true.

What did she say that supports your thesis that the Black Lives Matter movement is hypocritical?

You didnt even listen to it did you, she actually addresses this DIRECTLY

Wow man, just wow
edit on 21-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

She does.

She gives her opinion.

One person.

One opinion.

You're trying to take that one opinion, and turn it into a general truth about a matter you've made clear is a very personal issue with you.

That makes two of you. Doesn't prove squat.

"Wow, man ... wow."

Please.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I missed where this lady was elected as the Supreme Spokeswoman for All Black America.

Can someone provide the link?

Thanks.

Conversely, did we miss somewhere in which Darren Wilson is the representative for all of America's police officers?

Do you have a link?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, it sure didn't take long for this thread to get side tracked did it?

One black woman using HER free speech to speak out against brutality no matter where it stems from all of a sudden is disingenuous, a hypocrite, uneducated, a traitor to HER own...and so much more.

Some of you need to take a step back and think about what SHE is actually saying.

Violence is coming from all around but too many are not focusing on black on black violence but rather just the police violence against blacks. It's ALL violence in HER community no matter where it comes from.

She has a right to say what SHE observes in HER community through HER experience and HER own eye witness accounts.

Walk a mile in HER shoes...

Jude

edit on 21-8-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

She does.

She gives her opinion.

One person.

One opinion.

You're trying to take that one opinion, and turn it into a general truth about a matter you've made clear is a very personal issue with you.

That makes two of you. Doesn't prove squat.

"Wow, man ... wow."

Please.

I didnt try to turn it into anything, again youre trying to project here

I said what she said I found was true

Again, WHERE IS SHE WRONG

Youre still NOT answering my question you keep going back to some made up situation where anyone on here made her the queen of all black people and trying to use that as a debate point

Thats deflection

Want to debate? debate the content of the video, which is what the OP is about

So where is she wrong

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This is basically what happened to Detroit and why it is decimated.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

#OpinionsMatter

The lady's opinion is valid if for no other reason than it is her thoughts and she has every right to lay voice to them.

I think it is deplorable behavior from both sides.
1. It can't be arbitrarily rejected that there have been cases of police brutality against ALL races in the US. While not all of the cases of police shootings are examples of police brutality, all the cases deserve an investigation and, for the most part, I believe they are investigated. People need to pick their battles a bit more carefully, IMO. The 6'4", 300 lb dude that charges an officer and attacks him, then gets shot, probably isn't a good battle to fight over. A homeless guy shot in a park because he didn't move quickly enough for the police officer, would be an example of a good battle to fight over.
2. The black community ABSOLUTELY needs to address the violence within their own community, and it isn't limited to drive bys and gang banging. Nothing says "We stand united as a wronged community" like banding together to destroy your own neighborhood and loot your own businesses in a riot. Self policing would seem to be a wonderful way to tackle both of these concerns, when you really get right down to it. Display enough self control not to run roughshod over your own community and maybe the volume of police confrontations and violence rates would quickly go down?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

When I start a thread using Darren Wilson as an example of all of America's police officers, you might have a point.

Until then, you know, and I know that has nothing to do with my point, which is simple:

This lady expresses her opinion.

An opinion apparently shared by many here, for example ... "Save us tax dollars, if you want to die, die."

Talking to Black America. She's impassioned. Apparently, her son has been incarcerated recently.

Her response to him? "Don't drop the soap."

I'll give it to you though ... good attempt to make it seem that I'm claiming something I'm not.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Where did I say she is "wrong"?

That's all you've got? You keep repeating it, it must be.

She gave her opinion. You gave yours.

You've not proven anything: THAT IS MY POINT.

Why not address that cops killing black kids, black kids killing black kids, white kids, green kids ... WHOEVER IS KILLING WHOMEVER ... instead, you're trying to discredit one movement looking at one aspect of the issue.

Why not start your own movement if you're really concerned? Why try to crap on BLM?

Again, here's the point. The lady's opinion is ONE opinion.

That doesn't prove anything about anything.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Where did I say she is "wrong"?

That's all you've got? You keep repeating it, it must be.

She gave her opinion. You gave yours.

You've not proven anything: THAT IS MY POINT.

Why not address that cops killing black kids, black kids killing black kids, white kids, green kids ... WHOEVER IS KILLING WHOMEVER ... instead, you're trying to discredit one movement looking at one aspect of the issue.

Why not start your own movement if you're really concerned? Why try to crap on BLM?

Again, here's the point. The lady's opinion is ONE opinion.

That doesn't prove anything about anything.

I dont have to discredit them off of one black womans video, they do it every day with every move they make that shows what hypocrites they are, there are TONS of videos of them acting like racists and hypocrites. Yes, im black, and yes THEY ARE ACTING LIKE RACISTS HYPOCRITES

My point is youve proven nothing either, other than the fact that you didnt even watch the video , because she answered your question.

LoL you come in here guns blazing but didnt even watch the damn thing, then accuse me of not being able to answer the questions?

Thats, hilarious really
edit on 21-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
White on white.. black on black misses the point. We are talking about a culture of violence.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join