It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Police Brutality? How About Black Brutality?”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

With all due respect in return ...

Mrs. Hubbard was indeed upset. She was upset about her son. She was upset about the little girl. She was upset at people destroying property.

I showed you that Black children are also harmed by pointless and misdirected over-the-top police action. I could show you many examples of children dying in those circumstances.

I think Mrs. Hubbard be upset by that fact too.

The 9 year old child that was shot is NOT the point of this thread. Come on!

The point of this thread was to demean the Black Lives Matter movement with another Black voice. It's a common tactic here.

Of course All Lives Matter! You should start that movement! But throwing off on the BLM folks is not only counter productive, it actually points at the real problem here facing our society at large.

We are fractured and divided by stupidity.

Fair enough.

I won't discard that thought given the current state of tactics used by both sides.

In my defense, I have not read through this entire thread so, I will accept what you state because I have an open mind to all sides of the coin that gets continuously flipped. And yes, I believe there is more than just two definitive sides to said coin.

I completely agree with you on the position that we are are fractured by division and ignorance (not stupidity).

It seems to happen so rapidly that it's difficult to keep up.

I meant no offense or disrespect to you or your opinion....that I can promise.

Also, please believe me when I say that I never meant to demean the BLM movement.

I just wish humanity could come together for a common good.

wishful thinking on my part.

edit on 21-8-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree, but we're also talking about a community that feels they have been targeted by police, and I think they have a legitimate compliant. I wonder what sort of internal dialogue could be created within these communities if the police finally said "ya, we were wrong. We apologize and will begin to hold ourselves accountable".

Black communities aren't targeted by police, high crime communities are. Its not the cops' fault that those communities happen to be predominately black. The police have nothing to apologize for.

This is exactly what I mean when I say that the debate is screwed from the beginning. We have to be honest and admit that there is fault all many different people, not just cops OR the black community.

Yes, the cops have some skin in this game and it is disingenuous to say otherwise. Also, the black community has to take blame as well. We will never get anywhere if we simply say one side is to blame for all of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

“You black people, my black people, you are the f**king most violent motherf**kers I have ever seen in my life!”

No they are not. And anyone that believes in that is a bigot. Crack open a history book or read the news from another source other than Fox news and you will see senseless violence... around the world. I can point you to straight horrors and atrocities, some of them home grown.

So she, like everyone other person are holding the whole group accountable for the actions of a few. What she means is that those that decided to have a shooting during the Ferguson march are the most violent people she knows.

How much you want to bet gangs are behind that violence or a majority of violence, no not gangs it's organized crime.

She is just wrong. Plain and simple.
edit on 21-8-2015 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

“You black people, my black people, you are the f**king most violent motherf**kers I have ever seen in my life!”

No they are not. And anyone that believes in that is a bigot. Crack open a history book or read the news from another source other than Fox news and you will see senseless violence... around the world.

So she, like everyone other moron are holding the whole group accountable for the actions of a few. What she means is that those that decided to have a shooting during the Ferguson march are the most violent people she knows.

She like others, seize on this moments to say "Look at how terrible black people are, get it together god." Well, lady, I don't see you do anything to make things better.

Possible she is not a world traveler and reading history isn't seeing. Maybe there are a lot of issues where she lives and is in fact the most violence she sees. Maybe her video was her attempt at bringing awareness and the best she felt she could do. Guess if you don't live where she lives, see what she sees, experience what she experiences then you might be absolutely clueless as to her video. Then again maybe she is in the wrong.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I, as, (yeah,I almost always have to add this,) a working class, right leaning,(uncle Tom in leftist parlance)black american man agree with the lady. 100 percent.

Most of the folks I know of my race also agree with her.

Word from the real inner city black neighborhood streets?

"These folks(blm) be hired by the rich white man to rip snip up, damn #justonelessthug is the hashtag group we want".

I'm from a historic civil rights era city in the southeast. I know my history, knew it personally. Saw it, was there.

And THIS ain't what was meant, people. This society is NOT the future prayed for by my parents in the '50's. This is NOT the 1960's, crosses aren't being burned, and these 'killer' cops are not any source of any real anguish with us real black americans that still try to work for a living, sometimes go to church, sometimes drink a little whiskey, but sometimes still try to find hope somehow.

The lady is right in her words, and blm is a subversive group of attention seekers, and white folks are crazy for not seeing what the hell we can see down at my barber shop every week.

The gangsta wannabe's kill more of our own each damned week than the cops do in a year. Our culture itself kills more every DAY than they do.

Dude in a post above calling some other poster racist for saying ":Black communities aren't targeted by police, high crime communities are. Its not the cops' fault that those communities happen to be predominately black."

Called.Him.Racist. For saying what absolutely anyone of any race that has sense enough to pour piss out of a boot knows is the flat damned truth.

THAT ain't what we need. That's leftist 'shut-it-down' BS. Almost always, always, always spoken by some white dude with a few token black buds he pretends(or was coerced) to emphasize with because he pretends to understand that hip hop crap.

It's clear as daylight what is going on in this country, what has been going on a long while now, but still people look away.

It makes me sad and it makes me sick.

White guilt sufferers: LISTEN TO THIS LADY!

Please, please get it.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
it's actually nice to see some balance here.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie

No they are not. And anyone that believes in that is a bigot. Crack open a history book or read the news from another source other than Fox news and you will see senseless violence... around the world. I can point you to straight horrors and atrocities, some of them home grown.

So she, like everyone other person are holding the whole group accountable for the actions of a few. What she means is that those that decided to have a shooting during the Ferguson march are the most violent people she knows.

How much you want to bet gangs are behind that violence or a majority of violence, no not gangs it's organized crime.

She is just wrong. Plain and simple.

"So she, like everyone other person are holding the whole group accountable for the actions of a few."

Yeah man,I see the point you are trying to make------- except the 'few' happen to be a helluva lot.

What the young lady is doing is speaking the truth based on a true reality NOT found in any history book or on any news station.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

As a black man on this thread I was called a racist.

When it was made known that I was black , I was called a race traitor

As black men we are only allowed by the populace to say what is acceptable by the progressives, or else we are Race traitors and uncle Toms

Its sad that the people that "are fighting for us" ie dems and progressives, must put us in this little box that tells us we can only say and think one way or we are a traitor

I will NOT trade one form of SLAVERY for another form of THOUGHT SLAVERY

I am BLACK and I do NOT agree with this movement and I HAVE A VOICE and that does not make me a traitor to my race that makes me an AMERICAN, not a black American

Not an African American

Not a white American

An AMERICAN
edit on 21-8-2015 by Simmderdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Simmderdown

Same, brother. Good post.

The most bigoted club of all, the biggest enslaver of our people is in fact the damned leftists/progressive club.

They ain't really fighting for 'us', they are fighting for those of us they can control.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I see where you are coming from, but your paradigm is void of logic when based in the reality of this world.

You say,

Why not address that cops killing black kids, black kids killing black kids, white kids, green kids ... WHOEVER IS KILLING WHOMEVER ... instead, you're trying to discredit one movement looking at one aspect of the issue.

Why not start your own movement if you're really concerned? Why try to crap on BLM?

So if a white cop(or any white person) was to start a #Whitelivesmatter movement tomorrow, you don't think that would start some drama? You are obviously white, why don't you start that movement?

Seriously, your obsession with these subjects is truly incredible, I mean just look at the number of comments you have posted on this thread alone. You are THE person to start #Whitelivesmatter.

You seem to have a lot of free time yeah? Like you said white kids, green kids, they all matter right?

Do it!! I will back you 100%

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
I, as, (yeah,I almost always have to add this,) a working class, right leaning,(uncle Tom in leftist parlance)black american man agree with the lady. 100 percent.

Most of the folks I know of my race also agree with her.

Word from the real inner city black neighborhood streets?

"These folks(blm) be hired by the rich white man to rip snip up, damn #justonelessthug is the hashtag group we want".

I'm from a historic civil rights era city in the southeast. I know my history, knew it personally. Saw it, was there.

And THIS ain't what was meant, people. This society is NOT the future prayed for by my parents in the '50's. This is NOT the 1960's, crosses aren't being burned, and these 'killer' cops are not any source of any real anguish with us real black americans that still try to work for a living, sometimes go to church, sometimes drink a little whiskey, but sometimes still try to find hope somehow.

The lady is right in her words, and blm is a subversive group of attention seekers, and white folks are crazy for not seeing what the hell we can see down at my barber shop every week.

The gangsta wannabe's kill more of our own each damned week than the cops do in a year. Our culture itself kills more every DAY than they do.

Dude in a post above calling some other poster racist for saying ":Black communities aren't targeted by police, high crime communities are. Its not the cops' fault that those communities happen to be predominately black."

Called.Him.Racist. For saying what absolutely anyone of any race that has sense enough to pour piss out of a boot knows is the flat damned truth.

THAT ain't what we need. That's leftist 'shut-it-down' BS. Almost always, always, always spoken by some white dude with a few token black buds he pretends(or was coerced) to emphasize with because he pretends to understand that hip hop crap.

It's clear as daylight what is going on in this country, what has been going on a long while now, but still people look away.

It makes me sad and it makes me sick.

White guilt sufferers: LISTEN TO THIS LADY!

Please, please get it.

One of the best comments I have read in a while. Thank you for that well thought out post!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I agree with her and admire her for keeping it 100% real. Sometimes the truth hurts. If certain pockets of society, especially those who embrace that "thug life" were to put the same amount of energy into coming together and building each other up, instead of taking from each other, committing crime against each other, killing each other, destroying communities over oppressive tactics and perceived injustice - they would become a powerful force to reckon with as far as socioeconomic is concerned. In America where race and class warfare has always existed, those who are oppressed by the systematic racism need to come together to counter that.

Many have been socially engineered (enculturation) to not co-exist as a whole and therefore black on black crime persist in the States. It's mind boggling to observe statistically considering the history of oppression towards the black community in the U.S. Together they stand and divided they fall is proven true daily within certain demographics of American society.

She in no way discards police brutality which is at epic heights but she just wants a balance and awareness of where violence stems from on another angle. Her own people. And she delivers it.

Again, I feel her. Yet, it is sad within this day and age that this thought - "her own people" - still exist and persist. Although I get where she is coming from, I find it disheartening to know that America still remains divided in the hearts and minds via many subcultures which include racial demographics. The day everyone attempts to come together and see the problem as everyone's problem is the day things will actually begin to improve.

MLK's dream for ALL of America still remains elusive.

edit on 21-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That lady just made me cry, thats some heavy stuff, i just dont know what to say. I am happy i got to listen to her.

And thanks for sharing this.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Don't know if this has been posted yet because still my search won't load. ATS?

Anyways...If it hasn't been posted here it is.

WARNING: Language

She in no way discards police brutality which is at epic heights but she just wants a balance and awareness of where violence stems from on another angle. Her own people. And she delivers it.

govtslaves.info...
Hubbard then references the case of a 9-year-old girl who was killed in Ferguson during a drive-by shooting, news of which emerged at around the same time. “Last night, who do you think they protested for?” asks Hubbard. “The thug, the criminal, because they’re hollering police brutality, are you f**king kidding me? Police brutality? How about black brutality?” “You black people, my black people, you are the f**king most violent motherf**kers I have ever seen in my life!” she continues.

I just had to go back and watch at the 3 minute mark again. Priceless.

Jude

B I N G O

She delivers it in real-time, no fluff, no political correct crap. Respect is the key.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Self policing works just look at Baltimore.

If you want to see self policing, break into my house one night...

America is huge and you have a wide range of how people live. Where I live the schools are great, the cops are good and we have little issues to the point that many of these other places might as well be on the moon. The community really is what creates the environment and I wonder how many people would live in these places with trouble even when you discount how the police are.

Police mirrors the society that they work in, so if the police are viewed to be bad the society they work in is far worst... I'll just stay where I'm at, thank you...
edit on 22-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
See what she did there? she was rational and used common sense! listen and learn people.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: cj6
To suggest that black people are more violent than any other race is ignorant. But let's balance it out and say white people are the most corrupt people I've ever seen
It's down to poverty. In the UK I could walk down streets in poor areas and it would be white youngsters being violent. Places like Glasgow in Scotland you can come across some very violent people none of whom are black. Even in the rough estates of my own town violence will come at you from white people. I've only ever been violently attacked by white people.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Love the spirit of this woman.

My heart goes out to the family of the young girl. May she be blessed in heaven, may her family be blessed as well. May they all cope with the adversity.

Such a tragedy.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Now THAT is a woman!!

Epic speech....

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I can agree with her, but are really willing to be honest on the topic and discuss what has caused the black community to become the way it has become?

It's easy to say "what about black brutality?" an still fail to address the underlying issues at the root of the problem.

The police and the way black people have been treated in the country must be part of that discussion. If not, it's pointless.

What a load of anal exfoliation.

Yea we wont protest the little girl getting killed by gang bangers because, after all, the police and society inadvertently caused that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join