It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Police Brutality? How About Black Brutality?”

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Blacks today are very violent towards all races. Social conditioning has done this and the only way out is to change their hearts

All Blacks, everywhere?
Or just in America?
Again, why does anyone think you guys are racist?
It's simply mind-boggling.

Context. Its an American issue so its a unsaid pre qualifier that the discussion is about American blacks.

Couldn't have said it better Boncho.

Jude

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Context. Its an American issue so its a unsaid pre qualifier that the discussion is about American blacks.

And that right there is the fundamental head-scratcher that leads us to the million dollar question:

What is it about the United States that has caused this peculiar black/white racial problem ?

Rather than bickering over circular semantics in thread after thread after thread (ad nauseum)... perhaps it's time to sit down and get to the bottom of the problem ?

Just tossing out some food for thought...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The negative effects of concentrated poverty. Address this issue and we can possibly begin a shift away from generational poverty to helping these individuals have a chance and opportunities.

If we look at Ferguson, Baltimore, Chicago and St Louis, one thing in common amongst these areas is lack of opportunity and poverty stricken communities. Now I know this isn't the only common denominator, but where poverty and lack of opportunity is rampant, so is crime.

The growth and spread of concentrated poverty

Good fortune, director poverty, income inequality in Baltimore

St Louis poverty levels

Source

But when we take a look at poverty among African Americans, that's where Chicago enters the spotlight. About one in three of all black people in Chicago, 32.2 percent, are living in poverty. That's number one among America's largest cities. Only Dallas comes close, with 30.5 percent.

That being said I'll close with this...

Source

Today, we live in the richest country in the history of the world, but that reality means little because much of that wealth is controlled by a tiny handful of individuals.

The issue of wealth and income inequality is the great moral issue of our time, it is the great economic issue of our time, and it is the great political issue of our time.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So Black communities are all high-crime communities?

Not all, but most.

Since you're such a fan of anecdotal evidence, I can point to 4 or 5 Black neighborhoods here in Atlanta that have a far smaller crime rate than similar White neighborhoods.

Your claim is BS, and not a little bit racist unless you can prove it.

Tell you what, you get your facts together and I'll get my facts together, and we can head on over to the debate forum and hash it out if you like.

Until then, I stand behind everything this woman said. She pretty much echoed every point I've made (and been called a racist for) since the Black Lies Matter movement started.

130 murders in St. Louis so far this year. 9 year old Jamyla Bolden was one of them. Where is the outrage?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

The most bigoted club of all, the biggest enslaver of our people is in fact the damned leftists/progressive club.

Erm, excuse me, but....

NO.

I added a star on your post agreeing with Mrs Hubbard, because I totally agree with you. And I'm a "damned leftist/progressive club" member. Your post was perfect, and you said it just as well as she did.

I'm not sure why you are blaming leftists, though.
I live in a fully integrated community - I am a white middle-aged woman, by the way - and what she said is the absolute truth. I have no fear or loathing for the leftists, OR the black people who live their lives like normal, peaceful individuals and there are lots and lots of them in my community. We all get along just FINE. Even with Mexicans and Cubans and Asians and Native Americans....ALL OF US. Friendly, courteous, generous, neighborly people.

But then there are the enclaves of the Section 8 areas. CONSTANT gunshots, kids with their pants down around their knees, angry faces, hostile carriage. THOSE people do worry me, and to be honest, they are killing off their own.

The cops in our community, on the other hand, are committed to us, and we practice "community policing."
Please don't condemn all leftists, just like I (and other leftists) don't condemn non-whites. The thug culture is a real thing. We in this area do our best to either run them off or keep them in line (EDIT: that's a weird way to say it -- what I mean is that our whole community frowns upon the thug culture). Is that okay with you? I hope so. I have lots and lots of black friends and acquaintances - people whom I like very much. People I do business with, work beside, give hugs; we tell jokes, and share troubles, and watch out for each other.

THAT is what Mrs Hubbard means. She LIVES IN FERGUSON. And it has become a cesspool with the BLM thing.

Anyway - don't hate on us leftists. We don't hate on you.

(EDIT: And this leftist community, where I live in peace among my neighbors - votes overwhelmingly Democrat. Every time.)
edit on 8/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/22/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
She has great points.

But that doesn't mean that these aren't both two very real issues. One does not negate the other. And not every organization can focus on multiple points and be effective.

Perhaps she should start one to bring focus and attention to her points. This video, without the false equivalence, could be a good start.
edit on 8/22/2015 by ~Lucidity because: i made a typo on "aren't both two"

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

MOST Black communities are high-crime communities?

What's the percentage? What population density causes a community to count as "Black"?

If you don't know, you better start working on those facts 'cause belief won't cut it.

While you're trying to use the death of a child to fortify a racist argument, you'd best stop by the Gun Violence Archive. There you'll find that in 2015 ALONE there have been 474 children killed SO FAR ages 0-11.

And you've never brought up one of them in any context before ... how many of their names do you know?

And they're not all Black ...

And they weren't all killed by Blacks ...

The issue is not race it's VIOLENCE, and to be precise the issue is GUN VIOLENCE ...

... but that's not convenient to your agenda or argument is it?

Utterly disgusting.

(I'd be glad to debate you under any circumstances, anywhere, at any time, on any subject.)

edit on 11Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:17:51 -050015p112015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Logarock

So, we're going to give up? You don't know what happens in my city. You don't know (and don't care) what successes we've had, or the differences we've made.

Why, because you're just twisting reality to meet up with your beliefs. As usual.

Did I mention the Salvation Army? Does that sound like a group I would be working with?

But don't let what I said stop you ... you just keep on making up garbage as your agenda requires it, Log.

Self-righteousness? Well, "Aunt Bea" .. you're a good one to talk about that.

What are you doing to make a difference in your town, county, country?

Go ahead; thrill us with your success stories!

What successes are you seeing? Seriously would be interested in hearing about it.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

a reply to: Logarock

So, we're going to give up? You don't know what happens in my city. You don't know (and don't care) what successes we've had, or the differences we've made.

Why, because you're just twisting reality to meet up with your beliefs. As usual.

Did I mention the Salvation Army? Does that sound like a group I would be working with?

But don't let what I said stop you ... you just keep on making up garbage as your agenda requires it, Log.

Self-righteousness? Well, "Aunt Bea" .. you're a good one to talk about that.

What are you doing to make a difference in your town, county, country?

Go ahead; thrill us with your success stories!

What successes are you seeing? Seriously would be interested in hearing about it.

In my city and the communities I work with? Plenty. I work with two food banks, as well as a group that helps young people that have been thrown out of their homes, and several others. The successes though are often personal and fleeting. There is a level of appreciation that you see in a young person's eyes that has been mistreated or cheated by our systems when you offer them ... anything, food, a kind word, clothes so they don't have to live their lives everyday in filth.

I recommend that you get involved in your community. It changes your perspective.
edit on 11Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:39:41 -050015p112015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Blacks today are very violent towards all races. Social conditioning has done this and the only way out is to change their hearts

All Blacks, everywhere?
Or just in America?
Again, why does anyone think you guys are racist?
It's simply mind-boggling.

So you think all AMERICAN Black communities are high-crime areas or just many of them?

Asking you the same questions ... what percentage if these communities are "high-crime"?

What population density causes a community to count as "Black"?

Why don't we look at the facts? Surely facts are within the realm of this discussion.
edit on 11Sat, 22 Aug 2015 11:38:05 -050015p112015866 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
AGAIN....
Discuss the topic...and not each other......You are responsible for your own posts.

Please discuss the topic....and not argue with each other....Community Announcement re: Decorum

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

ETA
and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

So you do more along the lines of providing basic needs? Food, clothing, housing. Cool. Just curious

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks
a reply to: Gryphon66

So you do more along the lines of providing basic needs? Food, clothing, housing. Cool. Just curious

I do not want to derail the topic any further. Feel free to IM me.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I was a cop in Dallas TX for 6 1/2 years. Patrol, boots on the ground for every minute of it. If 'regular' folks could see what's really going on, it would blow their friggin' minds!

Not any particular race...ALL the b*tches be trippin'!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

Can you be a trifle more specific? I'm very curious to hear your experience.
Are you in agreement with the video in the OP?
Or do you think it's a lie??

More than two sides to every story, you know.
I'd be really interested to hear some of yours.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Oh yeah I'm in agreement! MOST black folks are honest, hard working 'normal' citizens. The problem comes from the inner city housing projects where it's 100% black population. It's generationally passed on to rely on welfare. It's normal to have multiple babies by multiple partners and not take responsibility. Violence is normal. Crime is normal. If an individual tries to work, to focus on their education, tries to 'speak white' they are ridiculed by their peers. Thug culture is admired. It's a self propagating cesspool.

And it's not just blacks, the thug life mentality bleeds over into the surrounding low income neighborhoods. I saw lots of hispanic gang violence too. But with hispanics it's pretty much young folks living with their parents, and the parents are generally upstanding citizens, working sh*t jobs just trying to make it.

There's homeless people who are good folks on hard times- they are all different races and these folks are in shelters trying to drag themselves out of their situation. Then there's bums. Homeless by choice. Able to work, don't want to. When the weather's bad they're suddenly not homeless anymore. They choose to hang out on the street. They get food from the shelter then beg or steal to get money for crack and beer. THIS group is predominately black. The worst murder I worked was where a guy got his head bashed open like a watermelon, the victim was a 'bum', a crack head that was homeless when he felt like it. He did something to cross a drug dealer and it was the dealer that split his skull wide open. Brains 20 feet away on the fence. The detectives knew who did it, even had at least one other murder pinned on the guy, but everyone was too scared to testify. (the suspect was black too)

I also took a report from a black father who was reporting his car stolen by his own son. The son had fallen in with the thug crowd and just kept getting worse and worse. The dad goes "I told him the white man's gonna come get him if he don't cut it out." I'm white. I gave him a look like "What?" He realized what he said and was like "Oh, sorry, uh, not you. Uh you know what I mean." I just laughed and said "Yeah that damn white man."

Now for the cops: The REAL corruption is up top. And they are untouchable. They drum out any officer that is truly hard working. That truly has a sense of right and wrong. That's not afraid to stand up to them. Boom. Gone. It happened to me and it happened to my friend. It's happened before and it will continue to happen. What's left are the officers that don't rock the boat. Unfortunately there are totally incompetent cops- lazy, crooked, violent. But hey, if they're not rocking the boat then the brass covers for them.

With thugs and with cops the problem is Group Think. It's human nature and no one can help it. One or two bad apples start with sh*tty behavior and it catches on like a virus.

My solution for thugs: Dismantle the housing projects and integrate these people in other neighborhoods with other races. Focus on poverty stricken, low income neighborhoods of ALL races. Provide education and support for the youth. Long term help for the parents. Early intervention is the key.

My solution for police: Clean house from the top down. As with any other government entity, the real crap is at the top and the top two thirds of the system is pretty much unnecessary. Put real leaders in charge, who were successful on the streets, who know what they're doing. Let them mentor the new guys. Actually reward good work and actually punish crappy work. Fairly. Equally. By the book. Set a culture of "Us and them working together." and not "Us versus them."

But it doesn't matter how right I am. No one listens to me. They're just going to keep doing what they're doing. Maybe even getting worse. Oh well, I'm out in the middle of nowhere now. Let 'em have it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh yeah, just thought of this too:

There was a really awesome program called LETS. Law Enforcement Teaching Students. I was an instructor. You go to inner city schools and teach The Six Pillars of Character - Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, Citizenship. Not, "Don't do drugs." crap....I mean really discussing good character and why it's important. I don't care how rough their circumstances are, there's still hope up until junior high.

Money got tight. LETS got cut.

Oh but SWAT still has an armored vehicle and AR-15s out the wazoo.

Priorities folks.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

She is speaking the truth. Cops could easily pull out of certain neighborhoods where black on black violence is incredibly high but they stay. Why? Not to have the opportunity to go all hillbilly on black communities. No it is to protect and serve all members of the community. Even if some of them don't want them there.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You can only do so much to help people that refuse or don't want to help themselves.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join