It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Police Brutality? How About Black Brutality?”

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I don't get this "thug culture" quote I keep seeing. It's as if you people don't realize our culture PERIOD glorifies violence and the subjugation of those weaker than you.

Its not a black thug thing, it's a human thing.

"Thug culture" is some buzzword cooked up by a politician, and every time they see someone say it ill bet it puts a smile on his face, knowing he's shaped the way you think.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

No. There is most certainly a thug culture. The real deal is concentrated in urban areas. Mostly black, but hispanics are quickly catching up. It's emulated in suburban and rural areas, but that's pretty much just 'thug lite'.

Thug culture is talking the thug talk, walking the thug walk. Crime and violence are direct representations of manhood. If you're not jacking someone up or beating someone down you're a b*tch or a p**sy. If you don't talk 'black' you get hounded. My best friend Randy (black) is extremely intelligent and well spoken and he's been the victim of this. "Sorry guys I can't go rob someone with you, I've got homework to do." Will get you beat.

I saw kids skip school to burglarize houses! It blew my mind. When I was in school the 'bad' kids skipped and smoked pot and rode their skateboards. They didn't commit felonies.

There's the music. Don't get me wrong, I love some rap. But the really crappy gangsta rap glorifies violence, objectifying 'b*tches', money money money, crime. The cars with the rims. Thug kids don't have insurance on their car, live with their mamas, don't have jobs.....but boy howdy they've pimped out grandma's old Cadi with rims. The music doesn't make kids bad, it's just a vehicle for thug culture to spread. It's a symptom of a deeper problem.

Dad is in prison, was never around. So that's normal to them. They repeat the cycle. It's like if they haven't been arrested several times they're doing something wrong. And the moms are either working too hard to make ends meet, or involved in drugs and crime themselves to really intervene and put kids on the right path.

Kids have this goal of having money, but not one clue as to how to make that happen. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" "Rich." And that's across the board, not just urban, not just thug. THAT is a symptom of true illness in our society.

Go to the nearest big city. Go to the poorest neighborhood you can find, filled with mostly minority race. Hang out for a while. When you get done calling the police to report you've been robbed, then you can come back on here and admit that thug culture is a real thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyvalkyrie

No. There is most certainly a thug culture. The real deal is concentrated in urban areas. Mostly black, but hispanics are quickly catching up. It's emulated in suburban and rural areas, but that's pretty much just 'thug lite'.

Thug culture is talking the thug talk, walking the thug walk. Crime and violence are direct representations of manhood. If you're not jacking someone up or beating someone down you're a b*tch or a p**sy. If you don't talk 'black' you get hounded. My best friend Randy (black) is extremely intelligent and well spoken and he's been the victim of this. "Sorry guys I can't go rob someone with you, I've got homework to do." Will get you beat.

I saw kids skip school to burglarize houses! It blew my mind. When I was in school the 'bad' kids skipped and smoked pot and rode their skateboards. They didn't commit felonies.

There's the music. Don't get me wrong, I love some rap. But the really crappy gangsta rap glorifies violence, objectifying 'b*tches', money money money, crime. The cars with the rims. Thug kids don't have insurance on their car, live with their mamas, don't have jobs.....but boy howdy they've pimped out grandma's old Cadi with rims. The music doesn't make kids bad, it's just a vehicle for thug culture to spread. It's a symptom of a deeper problem.

Dad is in prison, was never around. So that's normal to them. They repeat the cycle. It's like if they haven't been arrested several times they're doing something wrong. And the moms are either working too hard to make ends meet, or involved in drugs and crime themselves to really intervene and put kids on the right path.

Kids have this goal of having money, but not one clue as to how to make that happen. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" "Rich." And that's across the board, not just urban, not just thug. THAT is a symptom of true illness in our society.

Go to the nearest big city. Go to the poorest neighborhood you can find, filled with mostly minority race. Hang out for a while. When you get done calling the police to report you've been robbed, then you can come back on here and admit that thug culture is a real thing.

I won't say where I grew up right now, but the police called it "Fearfield", among other endearing names.. I also wear baggy pants, and i would be willing to bet you would throw your thug culture blanket judgement over me as well if you saw me.

Please, no more assumptions. We all know where that leads. Just be content in knowing it all this time, ok?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

First- I don't judge people. So you wear baggy pants? So what. I was a skater in high school and I wore baggy pants. Now if you talk thug talk, steal stuff, etc. Then, yeah, you'd start falling under my 'thug' category.
Are you educated? Do you work for a living? Do you commit crimes? Yes. Yes. No. ...then you're not a thug. Simple as that.

THIS is exactly what it's like in inner city projects:

And I ain't even hatin' on these folks. It's all they know. It's how they were raised. It's normal to them. They were robbed as children to think that they could ever be anything better. It's really kind of sad.

And as a cop you gotsta roll right up in the middle of this sh*t and break it up. Then YOU'RE the bad guy.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

This one's real sad, it's kids acting 'thug' and pretending to rob a convenience store and using water guns and pellet guns like it's the real thing:

* Now don't get me wrong....there's PLENTY of skanky whites. But the urban, minority thug problem seems magnified because it's so concentrated and so violent. Where I live there's white meth heads, and they'll steal. But they generally aren't so violent and they're all spread out so the problem doesn't seem so pressing.
edit on Sat Aug 22 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembed video...Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

And the above people are PROUD to call themselves thugs! No politician told them to do that. Sorry Bundy.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
South of chicago is pretty bad. Chi-Raq is slang word for it. VICE, with there HBO documentary series, did a thing about it. It seems like a downward spiral there. Hospitals close down, schools were/are being defunded and closed. Business are hesitant about setting up shop there. Then poverty and violence gets worse.

edit on 22-8-2015 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

First- I don't judge people. So you wear baggy pants? So what. I was a skater in high school and I wore baggy pants. Now if you talk thug talk, steal stuff, etc. Then, yeah, you'd start falling under my 'thug' category.
Are you educated? Do you work for a living? Do you commit crimes? Yes. Yes. No. ...then you're not a thug. Simple as that.

THIS is exactly what it's like in inner city projects:

And I ain't even hatin' on these folks. It's all they know. It's how they were raised. It's normal to them. They were robbed as children to think that they could ever be anything better. It's really kind of sad.

And as a cop you gotsta roll right up in the middle of this sh*t and break it up. Then YOU'RE the bad guy.

And that is where you are wrong. As a cop, you don't have to do any of what you said. Being a cop interjecting his or herself into already dangerous situations is your choice.

Why did you choose to be a cop?

I asked a friend of mine that once, and he replied: "So I can do whatever I want, and get away with it."

You aren't heroes. People with guns, uniforms, an told they're right and everyone else is wrong. That's dangerous as hell, and you know it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Actually I think a lot of cops are pieces of crap. There were several times in my life I turned to the law for help and got 2 things....jack..and sh*t. But instead of sitting around whining about it, I actually did something about it. I became one. Fight the system from the inside. I treated people with respect. I only used as much force as I had to. I was thorough and efficient. I was hardworking and I cared about the people of my city. And yes, I lived in the same city I worked in.

And the department broke the law. And now I'm disabled. And Dallas is short one good cop, and stuck with several hundred POS's.

PS One of my 23 commendations was from a black AP (arrested person). I wasn't the one that arrested him, I was just transporting him. When he got out of jail he took the time to go down to HQ and write up a commendation for me because I 'treated him with respect.' THAT's how I roll. So....

Please, no more assumptions.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
These people have been brainwashed into this behavior, I am well aware of this. What I do not understand is how police are making any of this better. You could add 1000 police to Chicago's PD and it wouldn't make a difference.

What I'm trying to say here is cops are SPREADING this behavior with their actions and you don't realize it. Just like having our soldiers in the ME is spreading terrorist (hate that word, btw) mindsets.

This problem is not a nail, and the police are hammers. Policing is not the answer, it's part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

And that is where you are wrong. As a cop, you don't have to do any of what you said. Being a cop interjecting his or herself into already dangerous situations is your choice.

And THAT is where YOU are wrong. If someone is a cop, for whatever reason, and a 6X (major disturbance) breaks out....anywhere on your channel, be it ghetto or uptown..... you HAVE to go. It's your job. It's your duty. To know that violence was breaking out and to ignore it would be nothing short of negligence and possibly cowardice.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Guess if you don't live where she lives, see what she sees, experience what she experiences then you might be absolutely clueless as to her video.

I don't live where she lives but I've seen the same type of violence by the same group of people, the criminals, gangbangers and all alround knuckle heads.

The difference is, I'm not calling the whole group violent whatevers just because of the actions of a few.
edit on 22-8-2015 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Actually I think a lot of cops are pieces of crap. There were several times in my life I turned to the law for help and got 2 things....jack..and sh*t. But instead of sitting around whining about it, I actually did something about it. I became one. Fight the system from the inside. I treated people with respect. I only used as much force as I had to. I was thorough and efficient. I was hardworking and I cared about the people of my city. And yes, I lived in the same city I worked in.

And the department broke the law. And now I'm disabled. And Dallas is short one good cop, and stuck with several hundred POS's.

PS One of my 23 commendations was from a black AP (arrested person). I wasn't the one that arrested him, I was just transporting him. When he got out of jail he took the time to go down to HQ and write up a commendation for me because I 'treated him with respect.' THAT's how I roll. So....

Please, no more assumptions.

I've said it before and ill say it again: ill bet there were some pretty nice Nazis, a shame they picked that uniform.

You like to lump the thugs together, are the police not as legitimate of a group?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Yeah man,I see the point you are trying to make------- except the 'few' happen to be a helluva lot.

No they aren't. Unless you have some evidence of your assertion then it is simply an opinion.

There is a well known correlation between poverty and crime. Considering that one third of black folks live at or below the federal poverty line, the propensity for crime is higher than it usually is in impoverished black neighborhoods.
edit on 22-8-2015 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy
These people have been brainwashed into this behavior, I am well aware of this. What I do not understand is how police are making any of this better. You could add 1000 police to Chicago's PD and it wouldn't make a difference.

Agreed. They've been raised in an environment where this behavior is normal. All the cops in the world won't make a difference.

What I'm trying to say here is cops are SPREADING this behavior with their actions and you don't realize it. Just like having our soldiers in the ME is spreading terrorist (hate that word, btw) mindsets.
This problem is not a nail, and the police are hammers. Policing is not the answer, it's part of the problem.

Partial agreement. Police aren't spreading it or making it worse. But as we agreed before they certainly aren't making it better. Police function is strictly reactionary. What really needs to happen is a better quality of cop on the street and early intervention to cut 'thug' culture before it starts. Separating these people out so they're not so concentrated and emulating each other's bad behaviors. Education. Community resources. After school programs. Free child care while parents work. Job training. Counseling. Etc Etc Etc.

But....the REAL crooked cops at the top will keep lazy mo fo's and crooked mo fo's all day and use any chincy thing they can to fire a good cop. Because they see a good cop as a threat. Because good cops have a strong sense of right and wrong and aren't scared to stand up to anything.
And as for all those social programs? Hahaha! Never going to happen. There's no money in it. City councils and even state governments would rather give themselves raises any day before actually helping the less fortunate.
edit on 22-8-2015 by ladyvalkyrie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Police...black folks....hispanics....whites...pick a group. The majority are decent, hard working people. The small percentage that acts up draws negative attention to the group. So when their actions are discussed, the whole group gets dragged into it. It's just the nature of the beast.

I don't lump things together, I try to take things on a case by case basis. I even said in my posts that there were a lot of hispanic 'thugs' and even some white and even some asian. But when a disproportionate amount of violent crime is being committed by blacks, they are drawing negative attention to their whole demographic.

Also, don't forget about repeat offenders. I've seen rap sheets so thick a staple wouldn't go through them. THESE people are skewing perceptions too.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bundy

Agreed. They've been raised in an environment where this behavior is normal. All the cops in the world won't make a difference.

Partial agreement. Police aren't spreading it or making it worse. But as we agreed before they certainly aren't making it better. Police function is strictly reactionary. What really needs to happen is a better quality of cop on the street and early intervention to cut 'thug' culture before it starts. Separating these people out so they're not so concentrated and emulating each other's bad behaviors. Education. Community resources. After school programs. Free child care while parents work. Job training. Counseling. Etc Etc Etc.

But....the REAL crooked cops at the top will keep lazy mo fo's and crooked mo fo's all day and use any chincy thing they can to fire a good cop. Because they see a good cop as a threat. Because good cops have a strong sense of right and wrong and aren't scared to stand up to anything.
And as for all those social programs? Hahaha! Never going to happen. There's no money in it. City councils and even state governments would rather give themselves raises any day before actually helping the less fortunate.

Very good!! I agree! What you said that was the most important to me was about the bad cops weeding out the good cops.

That is 100% proof that cops are bad, if a good one shows up they will get rid of him so they can continue their corrupt reign. The police in this country are corrupt tyrants, by your own admission.

In the near future, hopefully these crooks will be hanging like Christmas ornaments.

But I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

She did speak to the root cause issue: Violent blacks CHOOSE to be violent and choose to reject society.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I have worked in several prisons and have seen
repeat offender's files for one man require four
copy paper boxes and a two wheeled dolly to
move it around the camp.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: recapitulated

One time I caught a guy (black) breaking into a car. Took him down, printed his rap sheet. He had been arrested and convicted 16 TIMES before for BMV (burglary motor vehicle). He was out in a week.

And just so Bundy doesn't get butt hurt: There's plenty of whites and hispanics with thick rap sheets too. I'm not being racist.

Sh*t I'm here in Texas. If they're Mexican they don't actually get punished, they just get deported. Then they're right back over the border with a new name and a new ID. Raping, stealing, you name it. And no Bundy, not ALL of them. Most of them are working their fingers to the bone just trying to get by. But the revolving door for criminals in general is pretty pathetic.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join