It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear "Religious" Anti-Gay Parents - What if your child turns out to be LBGT+?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sheeplenwolvesclothing

In your opinion, but you are spouting facts not in evidence as is much of the bible and the rhetoric surrounding adam and eve. Maybe you do not really know what you are talking about. Maybe what someone feels is for them to decide not you or anyone else. For instance, if you decided that you have been living a lie all these years and you really are more inclined to be gay, would you want anyone telling you what your normal inclination is supposed to be?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

How do you know what jesus was like, because of some silly scriptures? Alice in Oz has more truth in it.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

They will just pretend the kid doesn't exist or they will try to do an intervention and beat the gay out of them, then they will spend the next 20 years of their life wondering how they went wrong.

It's funny that you say that....

Right before posting another comment about how what people feel is for them and them alone to decide, not you.

Double speak much?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Parents have the right to parent as they see fit.

I have absolutely no right to dictate how a family should raise their child.

I can agree or disagree with another's parenting.

But if the child isn't being harmed, then no-one but the parents have the right to parent.

I know some will come up with "emotional harm" now.

But if we extend intervention to hurt feelings, we'll make things worse, in my humble opinion.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Nothing hypocritical about saying people should be able to make their own decisions and live their life and then saying people shouldn't be beated for being gay.

Unless the "freedom" you believe in is the "freedom" to dominate others, but domination is the opposite of freedom.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If my children had turned out gay we would have drown them in the pond.
edit on 19-8-2015 by nomdeterreur because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Its simple man.... can 2 men or 2 women reproduce? ok then, its not natural, if thats not evidence enough then go back to sleep.....

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: nomdeterreur

The devil was a murderer from the beginning and his children seek to do his will. (John 8:44)
edit on 19-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
If you have a boy, there is a better chance of him being autistic then gay.

Funny you don't see any posts asking how would you feel about federal funding if your son was born autistic.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Probably because words like this:

Aren't usually said by parents of autistic children.

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

It's absolutely hypocritical to use wildly hyperbolic speech in one breath to paint an entire section of society with one brush and then talk about not presuming to think for others in the next breath.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
This question is a big one. Like those philosophical conundrums in books that try to help us think about what we would do.

Probably to your great surprise.
I know you won't believe me, especially me.

I'd love them exactly the same.
I'd cheer for their hopes and dreams exactly the same.
I'd love the person they love as I love my son-in-laws now.

And you know I am a Christian
and according to you many times over
absolutely one of the worst Christians.

grandmakdw - I think I have you beat
Buzzy and many others can't stand me.

But back to the question:

I think you clearly answered this question and no further explanation is needed.

Not sure why so many people think we can speak for God or answer questions directed to God because we can't. We can however tell those what our holy book says (God's word) and as we try to walk and practice our faith. We will always make mistakes and there are those who wait until we do (make mistakes) so they can point fingers at us, judge us, and then boast how messed up our beliefs are and how ungodly we are. But hey, that is OK, we knew once we took up the cross and decided to walk with Christ that we would have enemies and those who hate us ONLY because of our beliefs. I have been told on more than one occasion "I hate you" right here on ATS.

Recently and I mean recently I have been shown how to love my enemies. I wished I would have known how to do this 30 years ago.

Like the song says, "All you need is love".

edit on 20-8-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

The gay question exposes what the Holy Book is really about: Control!

Being straight or gay is a built-in genetic preference in most of the cases. I had no choice when it comes to my sexual orientation. The thought of having sex with a man never entered my mind. Those who say it's a choice don't think it through. You can only choose if you had both homosexual and heterosexual encounters and then pick what you liked best. When Christians talk about it being a choice that person must have been bi-sexual at one point, otherwise the statement is nonsensical.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

How can your God of love turn into a homophobe when it comes to same sex love? I never understood that???

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheeplenwolvesclothing
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Its simple man.... can 2 men or 2 women reproduce? ok then, its not natural, if thats not evidence enough then go back to sleep.....

So love is only about reproduction? I hope you are not married!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I was just looking at your previous threads as I have noticed a pattern in your thread activities. You seem to be very interested in Christians in a challenging way. If you look at your threads there is quite a number of them.

There are MANY here on ATS who HATE Christians..... Most will not admit it but anyone with a brain can read between the lines and easily see it. Of all the religions in the world, ATS challenges Christianity by far more and its followers than any other religion. AND their answer is , "Well I grew up as A Christian and it just so happens I know this religion better than other religions"..... BUT can you see that it is not the religion but who we worship that they attack? If they were so interested in religion why haven't they opened new threads concerning religions of TODAY and not some ten thousand years ago. OH .... I say this because when they start off talking about religions dating back to the Egyptians or even Sumerians it is only to attack the Christian faith..... so again it is a circle of attacking the Christian faith. Take a look at this thread...... talking about homosexual children. Buzzy knows what the bible says about homosexuality and she openly rejects it like many others here at ATS and I say OK. I do NOT hate any homosexual and I have NEVER said so. I have said that I hate sin..... NOT the sinner. BIG DIFFERENCE.

What non believers do not understand is that it is NOT our laws...... GOD made these laws and we try to follow them the best way we can. Can I follow ALL of the laws.... NO and neither can anyone else. Thank God for Jesus Christ!! I try and often fail and instead of helping me back on my feet there are those who prefer to to kick you and keep you down ONLY because of your faith.

Now I speak TO all Christians (not FOR all Christians).... We as Christians need to understand that not all people think alike and not everyone wants a God and if they want a God it has to be a "CERTAIN" God, one that accepts the lifestyle they want to live. Most non believers do their best to "tolerate" our evangelism but their real issue is with God. So if they reject your message walk away with a smile and bless them.

To those who make comments on a faith based forum....... if it upsets you....... leave .... there are many other forums, right?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllIsOne

How can your God of love turn into a homophobe when it comes to same sex love? I never understood that???

Well you need to ask him.

Do you know how?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Do you know how?

So you personally have no clue … ?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Do you know how?

So you personally have no clue … ?

Correct. No one does.

This is how non believers try to "trap" a Christian by asking us why God does this or that.

If I wanted an answer from my Father I would not ask my brother for the answer. That makes no sense.

If you truly want an answer than you need to ask him.....personally and you can't, can you?

You can't hear his voice can you?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AllIsOne

Because he's the devil and was a liar from the beginning. There is no truth in him.

The real God of Love is just that, Love. He doesn't turn to something else when it comes to gay people.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join