It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Ordered by City to Keep BBQ Smell From Leaving His Property

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
Come on America!!! We all need to agree today to vote NO to anyone running for re-election. THIS has Liberal Democrats written all over it.

They are just trying to piss us off!!!!

If any more of this stupidity comes out of D.C. we need to revolt in a big way or it will only get worse.

The people don't ELECT.

They SELECT.

Their SELECTION is given to them by those that do the actual placements and they then elect whomever they tend to like at the moment.

Jude

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is Obama's version of America and a fine example of where Liberal Yankee Democrats are encroaching on Southern freedoms and traditions.
edit on 25-7-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Have you read all the posts in your thread?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

oh well i missed it, it wouldn't be the first and probably won't be the last.
if that's the worst i ever do then i'm doing fine, at least i put the County Commissioner response and the pertinent parts of the codes in my post.

sorry if i stole your thunder.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Florida Man Ordered by City to Keep BBQ Smell From Leaving His Property

When I read that title I literally laughed out loud.

Because it is so stupid.

As if smell can be 'stopped'.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: jude11

Have you read all the posts in your thread?

As always, every single one.

Why?

Jude

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
well DANG!!!!! Then that means the gov'ment should bust those people across the hall who cook nasty asian food that stinks so bad I can smell it in MY house......or what about that stench from the sewers in my neighborhood in Rogers Park? (Chicago) Can't they get fined too since it smells like a giant toilet in my hood? Or what about that patient's breath that stinks like garlic...shouldn't THEY be held accountable for my discomfort?

(in case some of ya don't get it...I'm being snarky.....)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cornczech
well DANG!!!!! Then that means the gov'ment should bust those people across the hall who cook nasty asian food that stinks so bad I can smell it in MY house......or what about that stench from the sewers in my neighborhood in Rogers Park? (Chicago) Can't they get fined too since it smells like a giant toilet in my hood? Or what about that patient's breath that stinks like garlic...shouldn't THEY be held accountable for my discomfort?

(in case some of ya don't get it...I'm being snarky.....)

Sounds to me like you need to move.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

i knew someone would come along and make it a raciest deal.
how do you know that it wasn't a black neighborhood, and the woman wasn't a old cranky black lady.

Just calling it like I see it mate.

A white bloke investigating a totally ridiculous complaint, well going out of his way to be amendment that it was nothing personal. Which makes me suspicious that it was personal.

Hate to break it to you, but folks from the county don't stroll through neighborhoods looking for reasons to fine people. SOMEONE ELSE made a complaint and he is doing his duty as a result. Do you guys really think he enjoys telling a man that he can't barbecue?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I know this thread is at least four pages, but that right there - I about fell out of my chair laughing when he said that in the video. Absolutely brilliant!
Best part of the whole video. Loved his (EPA county guy) response too... like a deer in the headlights.
You know, maybe Lucidity is right, this is a case of BBQWB.
Dudes should mail her a written invitation certified mail next time, then they might have a case when court comes around.
Sad as heck that those are the kind or CYA measures a citizen has to take to CYA in this day & age.
SMH & FMTT.
FNORD

edit on 7/25/2015 by ISeeTheFnords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This is crazy... buy the guy who doesn't like it some vicks vapo rub to put under his nose. Or... escalate all the way up to the govmnt entity in charge of air, The FAA. If they wont do it, hit up the EPA for a barbecue smell based toxicity evrmntal study.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
And my favorite:
officer- "do you have any questions?"
BBQ Dude- "Yea, can you go over there and shoot that bitch?"

Nice.

that's what I was referring to in my previous post for all you guests that have made it to page 6.
Both of you.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
One of the comments in the story in the link under the video says that BBQs are EXEMPT in Pinellas county as far as smoke regulations. Part 3, exemptions. Might be just a nit. And an argument he'll win in court.

Great research, Oh Lucid One!
I guess my certified mail idea is about $6 less they'll have to spend on their next BBQ.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
This is Obama's version of America and a fine example of where Liberal Yankee Democrats are encroaching on Southern freedoms and traditions.

You do know that Florida is run by republicans right?

And most of these law are enacted by those republicans?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

The neighbor that is complaining is stated to be living across the street. They even pan the camera to her house across the street. Their properties are separated by a street. I'm more inclined to agree with asktheanimals. This is probably about noise. If that's what is the real problem, she should complain about them disturbing the peace, not the smell of their BBQ.

Fair enough, that paints a very different picture!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

But it's clearly early afternoon, not "late into the night" when the county dude...wait, not dude, that's too cool for him, let's call him county guy, because hey, Jeffrey Lebowski is the "DUDE", so... anywhoo... not a valid argument in this instance.
In the past? Perhaps, but according to those recording, the neighbor (not adjacent BTW, E-Bob) & the gentlemen in the video obviously have had past issues.
___|
____
____
Great thread Jude, thanks!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Nope...These laws are passed by ignorant people red & blue alike.
Not really a partisan issue, IMHO.
The stupid is strong on either end of the spectrum. (although I like to think of it as a circle - go left or right to far in either direction & you end up with totalitarianism - starting from anarchy.)
edit on 7/25/2015 by ISeeTheFnords because: simplified the idea

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Khaleesi

The neighbor that is complaining is stated to be living across the street. They even pan the camera to her house across the street. Their properties are separated by a street. I'm more inclined to agree with asktheanimals. This is probably about noise. If that's what is the real problem, she should complain about them disturbing the peace, not the smell of their BBQ.

Fair enough, that paints a very different picture!

Kudos E-Bob, sorry if I offended you a few posts ago.
This is why I've love ATS for over a decade, it makes one question their rational for their thoughts, which is a great thing.
Starred all your posts in this thread (or will when I get back to & from 4 now).
Again Jude, thanks!
(sorry for all the replies, but just played a great round of golf & heading to BBQ soon, so this - on the front page - really hit home for some strange reason.)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Hey you found the link to the law. I got lazy

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

here is the card for the inspector.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join