It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Ordered by City to Keep BBQ Smell From Leaving His Property

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Anything to fine the little guy, take his money and put him in line right? What the hell are we doing people? Why are we allowing this to happen to basic human rights?

The claim of just being a study funded by the EPA is nothing more than a soft sell once again. We all know that once it gets on the radar it becomes law. And with that law come the money grabs. But it is already being enforced as seen in the video: "During the conversation, Graham asserts that the men are in violation of a local “rule” that bans the smell of BBQ from crossing over one’s property line."

If you don't realize that this is just another method of allowing Govt. to walk onto your property and hand you a fine to pay from your hard earned money I feel sorry for you.

There will be some here that will counter this with something like "People have a right to not be assaulted by the tantalizing, wonderful, mouth-watering aromas of your burgers and dogs" and to you I say...How much are you getting paid to sell out?

“I can smell it again right now, but I’m on your property,” Graham tells the group. “You’re allowed to have it smell on your property, so that doesn’t count, but when I’m on the street, that’s when it counts.”

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

I am so shocked right now that I can barely type this. What the hell is going on??? Are people going to bow to this like everything else they are taking a knee to? I am so disappointed in the acceptance of absolute control over every aspect of freedom that I can't believe I am saying this but I have a feeling that people will just accept it and move on.

Why suffer a million paper cuts when the axe is an option?

Jude

edit on 25-7-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Hi Jude, couldn't flash up the vid but read the article. I'm shakin my head.

EPA. Another way to keep their jobs secure. Can't see them bustin in on the Presidents BBQ.

Kind regards,

Bally

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Reason #217 why I don't live in the City.

We use our grills damn near every day. Today I'm smoking a Pork loin, bacon wrapped Shrimp and a bunch of other goodies. If someone were to complain, I'd beat them with a chunk of cherry tree!

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I will be soon to sue fat chicks as they hurt my eyes and I'm blind most the time because I don't want to open them when they're around me....

I'm so happy not to live in Florida; what a disgusting asshat, bottomed out state.

And if you don't like barbecuing you need to be on a different planet FFS
I had a neighbor like that in Anchorage that called the cops on me because she did not like the smoke and smell in the condo association. I swear she thought I was Satan living next-door to her but then I realize that she's Mormon and then I understood why.

I offered her coffee every morning
edit on 25-7-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001
Hi Jude, couldn't flash up the vid but read the article. I'm shakin my head.

EPA. Another way to keep their jobs secure. Can't see them bustin in on the Presidents BBQ.

Kind regards,

Bally

Yeah, fixed it.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

We use our grills damn near every day. Today I'm smoking a Pork loin, bacon wrapped Shrimp and a bunch of other goodies. If someone were to complain, I'd beat them with a chunk of cherry tree!

I don't remember receiving the invite. I have a cooler of beer as my entry fee.

Jude

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Wow. Gee I wonder what the real issue here for calling is. BBBQWB?

Sorry but....

And that the city even came out? Ridiculous.
edit on 7/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: typo, of course

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Hi, friendly EPA guy here. Don't open those beers as the smell of alcohol may offend others. Hey!!! and get rid of those nuts for goodness sake. Some people have allergies!!! And...goddam it,,,you brought along a packet of crisps. The noisy bag may incur a noise control regulation fine if you crinkle it!! Now get inside and turn the flamin TV and stereo down..NOW.

Bally

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

My only complaint would be where is mine?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Dude says everyone is allowed to cook out except me.

And I'll say it, he's black.

But don''t mention that.

+5 more 
link   
And my favorite:
officer- "do you have any questions?"
BBQ Dude- "Yea, can you go over there and shoot that bitch?"

Nice.

+5 more 
link   
Here ya go. This should further assault your olfactory(among other) senses...

I want to know if I can get an ordinance to keep some of these women from assaulting me with their stinkya$$ perfume. I think it's an "acute health hazard".

edit on 7/25/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Hi, friendly EPA guy here. Don't open those beers as the smell of alcohol may offend others. Hey!!! and get rid of those nuts for goodness sake. Some people have allergies!!! And...goddam it,,,you brought along a packet of crisps. The noisy bag may incur a noise control regulation fine if you crinkle it!! Now get inside and turn the flamin TV and stereo down..NOW.

Bally

Unfortunately, you may be closer to the truth than you think.

Jude

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
OMG! What a shock, the compliant was against a black person.

Am I just a hardcore pessimist, or would a compliant like this never be made against a guy with a typical white redneck american family guy appearance?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

You had me at beer!

Just don't bring the friendly EPA guy...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Cheers, watched the vid, still shakin my head. Unbelievable.

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Bally

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Am I just a hardcore pessimist, or would a compliant like this never be made against a guy with a typical white redneck american family guy appearance?

Alright. Lets not take this into the gutter.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Here ya go. This should further assault your olfactory(among other) senses...

I want to know if I can get an ordinance to keep some of these women from assaulting me with their stinkya$$ perfume. I think it's an "acute health hazard".

Thanks Klassified.

I'm still reeling.

Jude

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Except the article you link to only seems to outline the fact that the EPA is working on measures to prevent pollution, it has nothing to do with the video you posted.

The video is also taken out of context, the title doesn't seem to support the claim being made about this. The guy has clearly arrived to tell them that their use of their BBQ equipment is causing a nuisance to neighbors, and without knowing the rest of the information how can you claim that this isn't true?

All of this just seems like more desperate excuse to rail against "big bad gubment", and nothing more.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Not about Black or White my friend.

This is about Burgers and Dogs.

We all BBQ, regardless of color.

Jude

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join