It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Ordered by City to Keep BBQ Smell From Leaving His Property

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
was doing some searches to anawer a question i was asked and found this. the problem has been resolved and there is no BBQ partol. two sources one's the facbook page of the home owner, and the county codes which say residential grills bbq's are exempt apparently the guy didn't read far enough.
Scotty Jordans Facebook page

Pinellas County,Code

A campfire or other fire will be allowed that is used solely for recreational purposes, for ceremonial occasions, for outdoor noncommercial preparation of food, or on cold days for warming of outdoor workers, as long as excessive visible emissions are not emitted.
FL

Cooking fire means the noncommercial, residential burning of materials not exceeding three feet (0.9 m) in diameter and two feet (0.6 m) in height, other than rubbish in which the fuel burned is contained in an outdoor cooker, a barbecue grill, or a barbecue pit for the purpose of preparing food.

Thats why I like ATS. Sooner or later, someone gets to the bottom of it…

edit on 25-7-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, what else

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

t is the essence of our broad brush and potentially tyrannical "Anti Social Behaviour Laws" we have in the UK.

I like those broad strokes, it gives leeway and reduces bureaucratic nonsense. I'm thinking of moving somewhere, coupled with you don't need a license on you to drive there, UK sounds more appealing every day….

Now, if you could only import California weather.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

i knew someone would come along and make it a raciest deal.
how do you know that it wasn't a black neighborhood, and the woman wasn't a old cranky black lady.

Just calling it like I see it mate.

A white bloke investigating a totally ridiculous complaint, well going out of his way to be amendment that it was nothing personal. Which makes me suspicious that it was personal.

Hate to break it to you, but folks from the county don't stroll through neighborhoods looking for reasons to fine people. SOMEONE ELSE made a complaint and he is doing his duty as a result. Do you guys really think he enjoys telling a man that he can't barbecue?

As a man, I have many times refused to do what I morally, ethically am opposed to do.

Either he enjoys it as his little corner of power or he does it to feed his family.

Either way, he is a slave to what we are all opposed to.

Jude

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
This is Obama's version of America and a fine example of where Liberal Yankee Democrats are encroaching on Southern freedoms and traditions.

You do know that Florida is run by republicans right?

And most of these law are enacted by those republicans?

Republicans, Democrats...or whatever.

We select rather than elect.

It all changes according to the National Feelings Of The Day.

This is not a party issue but rather a combined plan to subdue irregardless of the party as they are all the same. It's an agenda against us...call it Agenda 21 or whatever, it's working.

This topic and thread is proof of that.

Jude

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Good grief, what is wrong with people? God forbid we want to cook out and grill tasty things. Geez, is the govt gonna tell us we can't sit outside and sunbathe, or have an adult beverage next?

And I hate Fox News, but I enjoyed that video of the guy grilling tasty looking food, made my mouth water.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
This is Obama's version of America and a fine example of where Liberal Yankee Democrats are encroaching on Southern freedoms and traditions.

You do know that Florida is run by republicans right?

And most of these law are enacted by those republicans?

Do some checking. Most urban areas are run by Democrats even in Republican-run states which means the local city ordinances will be enacted by them. I ought to know. I live in a city and while my state is more of the "mixed" variety, the other half of the city is in a solid red state, and it's STILL run pretty exclusively by Democrats. In fact, the mayor of that half of the city addressed La Raza and bragged about how the city was an "enclave" for the persecuted Democrats of the state which means any city ordinances are Democrat flavored and politicians elected to heavily urban districts will almost always be Democrat.

In fact, if you drill right down and look, the states that are mostly urban will be Democrat much of the time while the ones that are mostly rural or small town will tend to be Republican.

This country's political divide tends to run a lot along urban/rural lines.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Then you should know that what you're claiming is bunk.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

Good grief, what is wrong with people? God forbid we want to cook out and grill tasty things. Geez, is the govt gonna tell us we can't sit outside and sunbathe, or have an adult beverage next?

And I hate Fox News, but I enjoyed that video of the guy grilling tasty looking food, made my mouth water.

Yes,

Govt. approved beverages are next. They control our Milk, Water and Soda Sizes already.

You ask as if it's questionable. It's not.

Obey...Or RUN.

Jude

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Wolfenz

Having watched the video has nothing to do with the epa. It's a county code having lived in Florida I know why. In Florida slept of residence create burn piles counties set up regulations on smoke because of these. Your not supposed to have then to close to the property line so that smoke enters your neighbors yard.

If he is using a barbecue grill that puts out a lot of smoke those same rules would apply meaning he has to move it elsewhere on his property. If his property isn't large enough to prevent this then he's not supposed to burn items that create mass amounts of smoke. A barbeque with charcoal would never create enough smoke to be caught by the burning ordinance.

This means he's got a huge wood burning BBQ that must put out as much smoke as someone burning garbage in there yard. Believe this to be true if the neighbor was able to call the fire department without being fined by the county. A normal grill would get her fined for calling the fire dept out for false alarm.

watch the video again !

it the SMELL of a BBQ Smoke not the Visualization..

There is No Mention what type of Grill they are using , it a Assumption of what it could of been yet the guy with the Smartphone cam is saying there was no Smoke ,

unless your Applying that had enough Smoke at their property to make SMOKE Signal's LOL

well thank goodness I live in Upstate New York where this type of crap is Laughable ,

Unfortunately we do not know the Whole Story of this , so all of this is just a Assumption all Guess work.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Can we not use fireplaces anymore unless we contain the smell to our property?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
the fact that people are trying to make excuses and defend this is hilarious......

Seriously?

Can we not actually agree anymore on something that is clearly ludicrous without this sort of partisan bullcrap?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This is such a bunch of crap! I cant believe even this government could be so freaking stoopid...

Every year when summer comes around we, Chicagoland area, are assaulted by higher gas prices because we have to switch to the 'summer blend' to help keep smog and pollution to a minimum. But the states around us don't use the summer blend. The air current don't stop at the state line and neither does the smog and pollution. So why would the EPA think smoke from a BBQ will behave any differently? I grill all the time, year round. If they want me to stop the smoke at the property line all they have to do is tell me how they want it done. I will be happy to comply.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It's a bad neighbor and an incompetent county official. It's not illegal to bbq in your back yard in that county or anywhere else.

The EPA thing is completely separate.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's a bad neighbor and an incompetent county official. It's not illegal to bbq in your back yard in that county or anywhere else.

The EPA thing is completely separate.

and yet the EPA thing does exist........so its not without merrit

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The EPA doesn't expect you to do anything about smoke from your grill.

A bitchy neighbor kept calling the cops and the fire dept. every time this man grilled. Finally she called the county... queue the video. A county official wrongly told the man that since the smoke was leaving his property he was in violation of some code. The code wasn't for backyard grills.

Bad neighbor, incompetent county official.

The EPA thing is just a study to develop low cost grills or attachments to help lower emissions from grills. There was absolutely no reason to link the two issues as one.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Completely separate issue. There was no reason to link the two. The EPA is trying to develop low cost ways to lower emissions from grilling.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

was doing some searches to anawer a question i was asked and found this. the problem has been resolved and there is no BBQ partol. two sources one's the facbook page of the home owner, and the county codes which say residential grills bbq's are exempt apparently the guy didn't read far enough.

Pinellas County,Code

A campfire or other fire will be allowed that is used solely for recreational purposes, for ceremonial occasions, for outdoor noncommercial preparation of food, or on cold days for warming of outdoor workers, as long as excessive visible emissions are not emitted.
FL

Cooking fire means the noncommercial, residential burning of materials not exceeding three feet (0.9 m) in diameter and two feet (0.6 m) in height, other than rubbish in which the fuel burned is contained in an outdoor cooker, a barbecue grill, or a barbecue pit for the purpose of preparing food.

Quoting because people don't read sh^& anymore. Several pages after HDH's post, the same BS assumption that the OP's info was truthful is still ongoing. Come on people, your own agenda is showing.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I wonder if this applies to restaurants and fast food places also? nah! places like that have high price lawyers.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Pinellas County,Code

FL

Quoting because people don't read sh^& anymore. Several pages after HDH's post, the same BS assumption that the OP's info was truthful is still ongoing. Come on people, your own agenda is showing.

Yerah,

OP vs tweet.

really? this is how we counter issues today?

Nothing less than fox IMO.

You may be right but please use something more credible than bird song/

The real issue? You are standing for a totalitarian Govt. who is pulling your strings to do exactly what you are doing. Wake up!

I have realized one thing on this site. You either know what the hell is going on or you don't. Then we have the issue of trying to speak against it or supporting it. Personally, I think you are a sell-out or a coward.

Jude

edit on 25-7-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

That has got to be among the most bizarre, and ridiculous, things I ave ever seen! What's the guy supposed to do, control the wind??? Sounds like he needs to file a harassment lawsuit against his idiot neighbor!

As for the EPA, how about we defund them? What good do they actually do? Seems to be more about harassing people than anything else.

Was the dork in the video an EPA guy? What right does he have to harass people for cooking out? Some dingy neighbor complains, and there he is, telling those guys to keep smoke from a grill from drifting? That they can't have smoke? The guy is right, too; Publix does sell wood for grills, to use FOR smoking your meats. Used to live in Florida. Never heard of a rule like that, either. Maybe the harassing neighbor knows the guy or something.

More and more, we need states rights over a huge federal government!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join