It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Ordered by City to Keep BBQ Smell From Leaving His Property

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Well its doable, you would have some framing to support a hood..like over your stove, you would need some 6-8" duct, a really good inline fan with the same opening/fitting as the duct, this goes into say a 4' charcoal can filter. The filter is used to scrub a variety of smells, organics, some solvents..etc.
Im not even remotely suggesting anyone should have to do this but for the sake of argument it could be done for probably around the $500 mark in materials.
I don't think I would enjoy a bbq as much without the smoke..part of the experience.
edit on 25-7-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I can only speak for my area of course but 'authorities' tend to go with the majority of the community here.
Example, there are a few streets not so far from me where drinking in the front yard is normal, loud parties, revving engines on junk cars being worked on, you get the picture. If I moved into one of those streets and complained about it the police and council would laugh me off the phone saying WTF did you expect when you moved there?!

It is the essence of our broad brush and potentially tyrannical "Anti Social Behaviour Laws" we have in the UK.
If enough people in your immediate neighbourhood are pissed off with whatever it is you are doing (doesn't matter if it is legal or not), then after warnings and multiple complaints you can ordered to stop, or face punishment for breaching that order.

It tends to encourage 'like with like' living in communities similar to each other.
I live in a curious street though, neighbours range from GBP£ Millionaires to people on benefits, and we've all found a nice equilibrium in our community.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Unfortunately I'm not being paid for my posts and no one has ever asked me to post on behalf of their organization out of the kindness of my heart either.

You're conflating two different things here. One the video... that was a county issue and a bad neighbor issue, not an EPA issue. Notice the guy in the red shirt kept saying the neighbor calls the cops and the fire dept. every time he barbeques? The county rep couldn't even properly cite the rule and says the cops are interpreting a different part of the law when they tell him to go on and keep barbequing. Those folks should attend their next county meeting, in fact I think I heard them say they would.

The EPA... yes it's a study, they are trying to come up with a way to reduce emissions from grilling which are in fact harmful to your lungs and to the atmosphere. If they could come up with a low cost filter that you could easily insert to trap grease so that the flames don't roar up, where's the harm in that?

This is silly.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
was doing some searches to anawer a question i was asked and found this. the problem has been resolved and there is no BBQ partol. two sources one's the facbook page of the home owner, and the county codes which say residential grills bbq's are exempt apparently the guy didn't read far enough.
Scotty Jordans Facebook page

Pinellas County,Code

A campfire or other fire will be allowed that is used solely for recreational purposes, for ceremonial occasions, for outdoor noncommercial preparation of food, or on cold days for warming of outdoor workers, as long as excessive visible emissions are not emitted.
FL

Cooking fire means the noncommercial, residential burning of materials not exceeding three feet (0.9 m) in diameter and two feet (0.6 m) in height, other than rubbish in which the fuel burned is contained in an outdoor cooker, a barbecue grill, or a barbecue pit for the purpose of preparing food.

edit on 25-7-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is truly asinine! People are to quick to follow the hysteria of the Masses. How can such an ordinance even exist? How will he get past this? Build a chimney or flu? He would then probably break another restriction...

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You've gotta laugh at these Helen Lovejoys. Who doesn't enjoy the smell of grilled onions?

How is this supposed to be policed and enforced? Does the offender need to maintain a 100 yard distance from the summer breeze? can the breeze be charged with ' unlawful wafting'? What next- will the cracking of beer cans become noise pollution?

If you don't like the smell of a good time then lock your doors and shut your windows.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I figured as much. County rep was a clueless moron.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Thank you for bringing this to our attention jude11,

This is pure insanity and politically-correctness in pure form. This country the united states is doomed, bankrupt, corrupt, heartless, degenerate, and suffocating itself and heating up the water pot at the same time, most froggies haven't realized this yet and maybe not even when the water is boiling. Americans have been dumbed down and lied to for decades, myself included. Becoming aware, wise, and smarter to it all isn't hard but a choice. Most Americans have made a different choice: the happy zombie state; as long as it doesn't affect them directly it's okay and keep the reality shows rolling and all my meds and vices and be a obedient debt slave mon-fri 9-5.

This truly is sad, people ask when does it stop.....LOL It never stops now, the cat is out of the bag now we watch our country fall as Rome did and all the stupidity in between almost like the movie Idiocracy.

I can say this, WE ARE NO LONGER A FREE NATION, WE AS A PEOPLE ARE NO LONGER FREE, WE HAVE NO RIGHTS IN REALITY ONLY CORPORATIONS AND THE COMING NEW WORLD ORDER DO. We just keep their status quo is all; whether we like it or not. Being awake is one of and one of the only ways we can oppose the tyranny. Peacefully opposition now, but there will come a day when our hand will be forced to the point of submit to the system or fight for our right to live, hide in the wilderness or die. It is coming one way or the other......

These next videos show a dumbed down nation in action......

And lastly what almost always happens as a result of a dumbed down complacent nation, tragedies like WWII, Mao in china, Stalin in russia, isis in the middle east, etc... I think you get my drift. Enjoy life and try to enjoy this life we have. Be wise, aware and vigilant.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
What next- will the cracking of beer cans become noise pollution?

Heh,heh,good one..

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Gotcha and your Right is beyond Comprehension Why People are so Stupid and Nosey.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As a vegetarian who's been assaulted by the odors of broiled meat, I would like to apologize if any of "my kind" has harassed you. Even if I have to leave a room, a building, or a perimeter, I still like you for who you are. I'm sure my behaviors bother a lot of people as well. I hope I'm not outlawed.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I figured as much. County rep was a clueless moron.

yea a lot of government employees not all them just some, don't know sh@@ from shinola and couldn't figure it out even with it in front of them.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I beg your damned pardon?

How can any law be passed, in the United States of all places, which prohibits BARBECUE smell, the most American smell you can get, other than that of old dollar bills and gun smoke, from moving across the landscape?

This is easily in the top ten of the stupidest things I have heard out of the States for about five years.

I dunno ... Maybe she's vegan?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yeah... lol. He kept opening and slamming his little book. Looked like an SNL skit or something.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gentledissident
As a vegetarian who's been assaulted by the odors of broiled meat, I would like to apologize if any of "my kind" has harassed you. Even if I have to leave a room, a building, or a perimeter, I still like you for who you are. I'm sure my behaviors bother a lot of people as well. I hope I'm not outlawed.

Yeah, well, I hate to break it to you, but as a vegetarian, you tend to create some odors of your own.

We all do that from time to time 'tis true but vegetables tend to provoke our guts to produce those odors more often.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Asparagus makes my pee smell funny.

On a side note, why do vegetarians insist on eating all the food reserved for animals?

Jude

edit on 25-7-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Mmmhmm.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
And my favorite:
officer- "do you have any questions?"
BBQ Dude- "Yea, can you go over there and shoot that bitch?"

Nice.

This is one occasion that I would not complain about a no knock raid on this disgusting neighbor.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I would have to ask the county's Code enforcers!

What about McDonald's , Burger King, Taco Bell, Arbys, and the Mama's and the Papa's Local Owned Restaurants ?

It's OK for them but NOT Me?

MY GOD this is Insane !

Orwellian Nation ..

This Code Enforcer give out tickets to Restaurants.

whats next, a Ban on all Grill Activity ?

because some stupid Neighbor Complained ..

I Had a problem Once with a Code Enforcer

coming to my place because a Prick Neighbor complained of all of my Kids Outside Play Toys , Playhouse, Swing Sets, Bouncy s , Trampoline, Electric Buggy's ETC.. in the backyard that was close to the size of a Football Field.

The Bitch Complained about it was a Eye Sore and to much clutter ! LOL

He gave me a Ticket .. I told him what about the Rest of this street !

he Laughed well no one complained about theirs ,

I said we will see about that, the same day I went to every place took photos , and their address. on the Street
that had had Play toys in their yard . about at least 8 family on the Street , I went tot he Town Hall and showed that code enforcer , I Threaten him , Do you want to me make a complaint in of these places , or do you want to forget this happened . needless to say he dropped it all. I guess he didn't want to hassle Dealing with the rest of the Street. my Dealings with the Code enforcers .

anyhow

a General Idea some like what i had in my large yard

I never had a Complaint on at all, about my Grilling it was on a daily bases in the summer,
The Smell must of Attracted my fellow Neighbors to Grill Also!

Hell my Neighbors sometimes joined IN the BBQ.
Play Ball !

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yeah, well, I hate to break it to you, but as a vegetarian, you tend to create some odors of your own.

Being a vegetarian doesn't necessarily mean you eat more vegetables than anyone else. I did the whole hippy vegetarian thing for about 5 years and at times went long periods without eating much of any vegetables.

But anyway, being a vegetarian is no excuse, if you choose to live in close proximity to other people, then you need to learn to deal with the aroma of what they choose to consume.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join