It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Ordered by City to Keep BBQ Smell From Leaving His Property

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I have to say that this is probably the most asinine thing I've ever seen. How would it even be possible?

The guy had it right..."Everyone in the whole world is allowed to cookout except me."

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
With all the brain dead stories from Florida there must be something in the water..must be.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I beg your damned pardon?

How can any law be passed, in the United States of all places, which prohibits BARBECUE smell, the most American smell you can get, other than that of old dollar bills and gun smoke, from moving across the landscape?

This is easily in the top ten of the stupidest things I have heard out of the States for about five years.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

How can any law be passed, in the United States of all places, which prohibits BARBECUE smell, the most American smell you can get, other than that of old dollar bills and gun smoke, from moving across the landscape?

This is easily in the top ten of the stupidest things I have heard out of the States for about five years.

I agree.

It's amazing how the top 10 list keeps changing on a daily basis now tho isn't it?

Jude

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Khaleesi

But she reportedly already went the police and fire department routes. The police apparently didn't do anything other than maybe speak to the guy. Not sure if they even came out and it would be interesting to know what that complaint was, but why call the fire department about noise?

I think there is something more personal going on between these two houses. She calls every local government agency she can find to complain of something. This is more than the smell of BBQ. My first thought was loud parties but yeah fire dept for loud parties doesn't make sense. There is more to this story. It seems to have come down to revenge. What started the feud? We may never know.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

"how do you know that it wasn't a black neighborhood, and the woman wasn't a old cranky black lady."

White or black her issue is probably with them and not their bbq. If they had dogs, she'd complain about the poop. If trees, complain they were too tall.

The city should be after her, the girl who cried wolf, way too many times.

Who is the guy that shows up with the clip board and radio, taking pics of "smoke"?
edit on 25-7-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I agree.

It's amazing how the top 10 list keeps changing on a daily basis now tho isn't it?

Jude

Its like some kind of crazy contest..they slapping each others backs and laughing as they come up with this crap, wondering how many people will bend over and take it dry.

edit on 25-7-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

The question for this story is which side of that line did the behavior fall?

According to the first responders it was over reacting…

By now thats evident/. Who is the guy standing in their yard with the clipboard and radio?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is just dumb.

But, what else could I expect from my state

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

originally posted by: intrptr
Dude says everyone is allowed to cook out except me.

And I'll say it, he's black.

But don''t mention that.

Yeah, everyone else on the street is allowed to BBQ with no complaints. I'd say he's got an issue with his neighbor. I wonder if the neighbor ever BBQ'd. This is a harassment issue from the neighbor. I'm surprised the county is even getting involved. Has she called on any other neighbors?

Probably. The neighbor from hell, at war with the world and everyone in it. Sucks everyone into her vortex and then sits inside her house watching the show out her window .

Damn instigators, manipulators, s*** stirrers.

(if thats whats going on).

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If you can do this then we can Shut up the Muslim call to prayer. It is a worth while trade off. Keep your dam noise on your own property.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Dude says everyone is allowed to cook out except me.

And I'll say it, he's black.

But don''t mention that.

Yeah, everyone else on the street is allowed to BBQ with no complaints. I'd say he's got an issue with his neighbor. I wonder if the neighbor ever BBQ'd. This is a harassment issue from the neighbor. I'm surprised the county is even getting involved. Has she called on any other neighbors?

Probably. The neighbor from hell, at war with the world and everyone in it. Sucks everyone into her vortex and then sits inside her house watching the show out her window .

Damn instigators, manipulators, s*** stirrers.

(if thats whats going on).

If that was the case, and I was the guy with the BBQ, I'd try to hatch a plan with all the neighbours on the street to have a cook off at the same time, lots of smoke and noise, then see what the 'authorities' have to say when they respond to the complaint.

Yep, I'd be knocking on all the neighbours I get along with, getting them to convince the ones I don't really know, then have fun, desperately hoping an 'official' turned up.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

First Off " THE MAN " was BBQing in His Own Backyard.
Not White or Black.
THE MAN as in Person.
Then Some NOSEY ass NEIGHBOR Complains.

Seems to Me this Country is Suddenly Turning The Color GREY.

Nearly Every Thread I Have Read Lately has Someone Bring Up Race.
What The Crap ?
Why Must People Stir Up Crap.

It's a MAN BBQING for Christ Sake

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Didn't know people who BBQ have powers to control the wind? Cool!

They should leave a plate of BBQ on her porch next time.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

If they keep responding to her she is either rally good at manipulation or connected in some way.

The state plays favorites protecting those in their ranks. Especially Florida. A mass cookout might prove her point and result in a lot of revenue fines.

I'd make her call with nothing for the EMTs to find when they get there. Chicken Little will get threatened with fines and they'll stop responding.

Then its BBQ on!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Talk about a lack of common sense. How is he supposed to keep the smell from traveling? Is he supposed to put a bubble over his home?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yeah she clearly has some kind of gripe that's probably not the BQing. Seems she's shopping around for someone to help her out here. Next call might be to the FBI or maybe GhostBusters, who knows.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesman462002

Then Some NOSEY ass NEIGHBOR Complains.

You're right I jumped to the race conclusion to quick. I had to jump somewhere, this is too ridiculous to comprehend. If you keep reading you'll see my content change somewhat.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

The official informs the men that their barbecue smoke cannot cross their property line, and suggests they buy a grill that contains most of the smoke. [Link]

ETA:

edit on 7/25/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Well its doable, you would have some framing to support a hood..like over your stove, you would need some 6-8" duct, a really good inline fan with the same opening/fitting as the duct, this goes into say a 4' charcoal can filter. The filter is used to scrub a variety of smells, organics, some solvents..etc.
Im not even remotely suggesting anyone should have to do this but for the sake of argument it could be done for probably around the $500 mark in materials.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join