It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Man Ordered by City to Keep BBQ Smell From Leaving His Property

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I bet a lot of these local ordinances are right out of Local Agenda 21. I wonder if that locale is under an ICLEI. Of course EPA wants to regulate our bbqs and our private water wells(see the new EPA regulation on navigable waters....). It's all part of micro-managing everything in our lives and setting up our communities according to the controlling elite's idea of "sustainability" which boils down to population control and control of all the world's resources.
edit on 26-7-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sirrurg
Maybe he should get a lawyer and order the city to keep the car fumes from the streets off his property.
Might be fun...

wow is that an understatement, but yah boiling frogs slowly.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: jude11
I want to know if I can get an ordinance to keep some of these women from assaulting me with their stinkya$$ perfume. I think it's an "acute health hazard".

Let me know when you get this, please. I need one to get my husband to stop wearing stinky Axe body spray like a 15 year old kid. I get migraines and can't stand perfumes on chicks or dudes.
edit on 26-0720157-1515 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So let me get this straight.

Some dumbass with the city didn't understand the regulations, and said it was against code for smoke to travel off of someone's property.

The EPA, in a completely separate issue did a study to reduce pollutants from BBQs.

Suddenly the EPA is forcing local county officials to ban backyard BBQ, even though ALL evidence shows that to not be the case.

Proof is given, but people still insist this is some sort of money grab... One idiot that didn't understand a local ordinance, and it's a Federal plot to ban backyard grilling. With the OP wondering how much people who don't agree with his engineered outrage are are being paid.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The point is that EPA really is so concerned about pollution from backyard bbq's that it is funding the study. I think it's great if they find a new way to make bbqing cleaner and not as fussy but it will be expensive toy for rich ppl. Who knows maybe they will try to make it so that you cannot bbq unless you use this new technology. But mb it will boil down to a new fancy thing that will eventually go down in price, ya know like big screen tvs and computers. Still the people in EPA these days must really believe in all that global warming stuff. Or it's staffed with people handpicked by the Club of Rome.

edit on 26-7-2015 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

wow what a dumb rule . epa thinks up the dumbiest crap but the real polluters in the mega corporations are give cart blanche to screw up the environment how ever they see fit i live in an area that has had a weyhauser pulp mill for decades the river fish are so polluted we have had to put up signs warning pregnant women and small children not to eat the fish but epa won't do squat about that.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Nice summary!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gwynnhwyfar

originally posted by: Klassified
I want to know if I can get an ordinance to keep some of these women from assaulting me with their stinkya$$ perfume. I think it's an "acute health hazard".

Let me know when you get this, please. I need one to get my husband to stop wearing stinky Axe body spray like a 15 year old kid. I get migraines and can't stand perfumes on chicks or dudes.

Lol. Good point. Obviously, it isn't limited to the ladies. I've just not noticed it on the guys near as much, except my stepson. He can be a bit strong at times. I can get the headaches(not migraines) sometimes too. As well as sinus issues.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The reason I know that article and news story is a conspiracy, is because there is no such thing as BBQ in Florida.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Florida is one flaky state...you couldn't pay me to live there, there are so many problems.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Come to think of it...why aren't these aroma fascists banging down the doors of corporate food chains like McD's or the many other food chain giants like Taco Bell, steakhouses, chinese food outlets and so on...walk past ANY of these places and you will be greeted with the aroma of cooking food.

That is the same thing as a BBQ aroma wafting around.

Yet..they pick on a guy having a simple cookout in his garden and leave the real culprits well alone.

Not that i mind the smell of food being cooked by any of these major outlets OR a backyard BBQ...i quite like it in fact, but the principle is clear.

If there is indeed a local government 'Rule' about wafting food aromas, that rule applies to the big boys and girls running these giant food chains as much as it applies to the individual having a BBQ.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just to give another perspective, what if this guy had a hive of bees in his backyard and the bees kept flying into the neighbors yard? Does the neighbor then have the right to demand he keep his bees out of their yard? What if the neighbor is sensitive to gas smells, or is a vegan and can't stomach the smell of meat cooking? What happens to the neighbors right to quiet enjoyment of their home?

Of course he can't 'keep' the smell in his yard, but that's not the point - the point is an activity he is doing is causing his neighbor to react and the neighbor has a right to quiet enjoyment. That's less big brother and simply a rule to try and help everybody have quiet enjoyment of their own home/property and not have to endure invasions of any kind from neighbors.

Burger King, etc. smells, if they are wafting into a neighbors private home and upsetting the person they could probably pull the same ordinance, but usually these are in commercial areas anyway and not neighborhoods.

I used to be a property manager in Canada and this ordinance is everywhere that I know of - the ordinance rules are there so that a property owner can have recourse if a neighbor is somehow ruining their enjoyment, be it sound, -smell, pests, pets doesn't matter - it's not some big conspiracy, it's just a rule to help ensure one person isn't deluged by another on private properties.

It's possible the neighbor is being totally unreasonable, but they still have the right to not have to endure smells from a neighbor they don't want to endure. Without that law, a neighbor could burn animal bodies without recourse, keep bees, have dogs roaming everywhere, play loud music 24/7, throw old oil over the fence, etc. etc. ...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Environmental Nazis and bureaucrats can get a bit--intense (for lack of a better word.)

The story reminds me of this quote from C.S. Lewis:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
So what this seems to be is the town creating an issue so they can get grant money.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: skoalman88
So what this seems to be is the town creating an issue so they can get grant money.

No, what this seems to be is the OP engineering outrage because he enjoys being outraged. Now I would say that the OP was confused, but the facts have been laid out, and there seems to be an unwillingness to admit anything and an attempt to move the goalposts.

This was one guy that didn't understand local ordinances making an ass out of himself. It has nothing to do with the EPA study, the town has no bans on backyard BBQ, and other than the one "official" being a moron there is no story. This story is like the librarian telling you you'll get a fine if the book isn't returned in 10 days when it should be 12 because she made a mistake. Sure, she's annoying and wrong, but that doesn't mean there's some government group plotting against violating your right to cook on your own property and fine you (in some alleged money grab that would be ridiculously ill conceived, even for the govt.). It's sensationalist garbage.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

The point is that EPA really is so concerned about pollution from backyard bbq's that it is funding the study. I think it's great if they find a new way to make bbqing cleaner and not as fussy but it will be expensive toy for rich ppl. Who knows maybe they will try to make it so that you cannot bbq unless you use this new technology. But mb it will boil down to a new fancy thing that will eventually go down in price, ya know like big screen tvs and computers. Still the people in EPA these days must really believe in all that global warming stuff. Or it's staffed with people handpicked by the Club of Rome.

Fine, but that has nothing to do with some idiot that couldn't follow local ordinance. The OP is acting like this is some Federal plot to fine people for barbecuing. It's not. Backyard barbecues are exempt, and the EPA doing a study about BBQ pollution mitigation has nothing to do with this video.

Let's be real here. There are now quite a few regulations on cars, many people drive cars, not just the wealthy obscenely wealthy.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: wishes
Just to give another perspective, what if this guy had a hive of bees in his backyard and the bees kept flying into the neighbors yard? Does the neighbor then have the right to demand he keep his bees out of their yard? What if the neighbor is sensitive to gas smells, or is a vegan and can't stomach the smell of meat cooking? What happens to the neighbors right to quiet enjoyment of their home?

What happens to the right of the person grilling to enjoy their home? Gee, why not just pass laws requiring no outdoor activities at all on your property? No grilling, no swimming pools, no kids playing; I mean, gosh, someone might not appreciate the sounds that travel.

*smacks head*

Of course he can't 'keep' the smell in his yard, but that's not the point - the point is an activity he is doing is causing his neighbor to react and the neighbor has a right to quiet enjoyment. That's less big brother and simply a rule to try and help everybody have quiet enjoyment of their own home/property and not have to endure invasions of any kind from neighbors.

Actually, that is the point. No one should be expected to keep cooking odors confined to their home, and theirs alone. That is ridiculous. No one could enjoy their home under such restrictions.

Burger King, etc. smells, if they are wafting into a neighbors private home and upsetting the person they could probably pull the same ordinance, but usually these are in commercial areas anyway and not neighborhoods.

Again, that is overly restrictive. People so sensitive that any cooking odor bothers them need to move away from everyone else, not demand that everyone else cater to their whims.

I used to be a property manager in Canada and this ordinance is everywhere that I know of - the ordinance rules are there so that a property owner can have recourse if a neighbor is somehow ruining their enjoyment, be it sound, -smell, pests, pets doesn't matter - it's not some big conspiracy, it's just a rule to help ensure one person isn't deluged by another on private properties.

So, anyone who decides to can harass their neighbors over anything and everything, and you consider that a good thing??

It's possible the neighbor is being totally unreasonable, but they still have the right to not have to endure smells from a neighbor they don't want to endure. Without that law, a neighbor could burn animal bodies without recourse, keep bees, have dogs roaming everywhere, play loud music 24/7, throw old oil over the fence, etc. etc. ...

That's not true. Cooking smells are normal. Burning bodies isn't. Pretending they are is ridiculous. There are leash laws most places for dogs, and that isn't relevant. Bees are legal most places, too, and they fly all over even if wild, so also irrelevant. Noise ordinances address music issues. Throwing anything physical into a neighbor's yard is not the same as a smell drifting on the breeze. A food smell.

Your comparisons are over the top.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Haha! Now this is interesting. Despite being a big fan of FLorida style BBQ, as a true born counter-propagandist I can see the vapors on this one. This really is like this whole other level of banner marketing, as on the weekends when driving down the road through the city, you smell the hot BBQ trailer dude up ahead a couple of blocks off. It tends to be exhilarating as you drive by all that temptation having to contemplate enduring some Florida Left navigational headache. This is like a backwards retake on the Minority Report (the personalized digital banner ads that follow you around). LUV FL BBQ!

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This guy needs to go around barber shops/hair salons, collect a few sacks of human hair, and burn them all on his property, just to be an ass clown. When people challenge me with stupid nonsense I just find a way to irritate them.

posted on Jul, 29 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Just to give you some perspective: Will the Federal Government remove the train tracks that are right next to my house that keep me up in the middle of the night while I am trying to sleep? No. Will they remove them because I find it a nuisance? No. What if I am already deaf in one ear, and this train's horn causes me to go deaf in the other? Nothing will happen. The train's noise pollution is a hell of a lot worse than this man trying to cook some food. You're ridiculous.
edit on 29-7-2015 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2015 by M4ngo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join