It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel the Bern-ie Sanders

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: beezzer

I get what you're saying. I just want to be left alone to live my life and make a living for my family. It's getting increasingly hard to do that.

If you want to be left alone - then start leaving others alone. Something about "Be the change you want to see in the World".
edit on 22-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What should we compromise on?

Better avatar than the black and white floating hysteria.

The only compromise is you here and me there or visa versa.

Collectivists claim a right to control anything, individualists claim a right to absolute control of their own. The only compromise is separation.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

I get what you're saying. I just want to be left alone to live my life and make a living for my family. It's getting increasingly hard to do that.

If you want to be left alone - then start leaving others alone. Something about "Be the change you want to see in the World".

I would be happy to, but collectivist policies that are being forced on me don't allow for that. When you demand I pay for everyone else's birth control, for example, I get invited into your bedrooms whether or not I want to be there.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Unfortunately Beez, it has almost come to that point. You and I disagree on most things, but do recall a time or two that we have agreed on a point. I would be willing to sit at a beer summit with you, and honestly see if we could come up with any common sense ideas that we agreed on. If that makes me a brave lib, so be it, I think it just makes me someone that doesn't hear the word compromise as a four letter word.

And that's all it takes.

Hell, my wife and I have been married almost 25 years and we stll don't agree on everything. The point is, polarizing the electoral process doesn't work.

It failed with Bush. It failed with Obama.

All we can do is try. We can attempt a grassroots campaign to unite the two polarized aspects.

Is it ideal?

Hell no.

But if both "sides" can come together and see that it'll take more than just one ideology to solve the issues in the country, then it's worth a shot.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So it is a one issue fight for you? Had my birth control taken care of 27 years ago by getting snipped in the military, whoops, guess you paid for that too.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

What should I be willing to accept from a right wing candidate?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Nothing passed in a democratic society is going to please everyone, but somewhere along the line, it should make 70 % happy, the 15% on the far right and the far left are not going to be please by anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

You want me to compromise but you make an assumption that I'm a collectivist and insult my assigning importance to an issue. I wonder why I am so skeptical.
edit on 7/22/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

What should I be willing to accept from a right wing candidate?

Dunno. Is there a single candidate on the right that doesn't trigger projectile vomiting for you?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Nothing passed in a democratic society is going to please everyone, but somewhere along the line, it should make 70 % happy, the 15% on the far right and the far left are not going to be please by anything.

The 15% on either side won't ever be happy.

Screw 'em.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

I would be happy to, but collectivist policies that are being forced on me don't allow for that. When you demand I pay for everyone else's birth control, for example, I get invited into your bedrooms whether or not I want to be there.

How far do you wish to take that?

I get tired of paying for roads for everyone else to use, when I can afford to build my own.

I get tired of paying for police and firemen when I can protect myself and have a high-tech system to protect my residence from fire.

I don't need those services, but I gladly contribute to the system to provide those services as they are vital to the community around me. They provide for the common welfare of our nation as a whole. I also don't mind helping to provide medical services, whether I like them or not, to people around me because it provides for the common good.

You may not like the situation you are in if you are "left alone".
edit on 22-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Not so far. But I don't know every single rep or senator, state rep or state senator, governor etc... There could be someone out there.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You have argued as a collectivist, back when we discussed Anarcho-Capitalism.

Leftist and rightist becomes confused since the Leftists ( The best new way ) became statists and the Rightists ( The best tried and true way ) also became statists.

Both sides beg the question about the necessity of the state in the first place.

Your issue involves using the state to solve a problem, so I'm against it without needing to know what it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Agree, I don't want to make this an issues thread, but I am pro choice, at the same time think this decision is between the woman, her partner (?) and her doctor, I don't like the idea of late term abortions outside of the life of the mother. 20 weeks seems like a pretty good limit, but why the hell is the government involved in this?

Just trying to show areas where I would be willing to compromise

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Agree, I don't want to make this an issues thread, but I am pro choice, at the same time think this decision is between the woman, her partner (?) and her doctor, I don't like the idea of late term abortions outside of the life of the mother. 20 weeks seems like a pretty good limit, but why the hell is the government involved in this?

My compromise is that I won't talk about my opinion on abortion.

The point is, if we can't even compromise and see the value of uniting the two parties, then how in the hell could I even begin to write a cogent letter to each campaign suggesting it?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: ugmold

Bernie alone can't do it.

I like him, but it's just more of the "one side is better than the other side".

Ya who is better? No answer awaits thee.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Just because you confuse far left with collectivism doesn't mean it is necessarily or that I am. Yeah there's collectivists on the left (the right too!) but I'm not one of them. I have no problem with collectives and I'd probably do fine in one for a while but ultimately I'm an individualist. But left and right see individualism very differently.

The rebel rag issue brings the State to the heel of the people.
edit on 7/22/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
1% News Network is back with another edition, I'm starting to think they may fill a void when Mr Stewart hangs it up.

Despite the fun, you can tell the supporters have a lot more going on than any Republican Front Runner Supporters. (from what I've observed)

Anywho, Here we go, Sanders Surges in Polls: Who's Backing Bernie?

Poor poor Hillary. Going down again. She should have just Rode off into the sunset with Bill after getting embarrassed by Obummer.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

My compromise is that I won't talk about my opinion on abortion.

The point is, if we can't even compromise and see the value of uniting the two parties, then how in the hell could I even begin to write a cogent letter to each campaign suggesting it?

I don't think we will ever unite them, but if we could agree that not all of the 1% are evil bastards, and that all poor folks aren't welfare fraudsters, that would take us a long way. The country needs some comprehensive changes in many different direction, but while we all argue left/right the status quo continues to divide.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Responsibility for one's own life and decisions are not the same as being left alone. Friends and sympathy are real whether the government makes laws about them or not.

Private fire and police companies would probably serve neighboring addresses and maybe even adjoining areas as advertising and public relations expenses.

Before Medicare and the illegal alien invasion, hospitals budgeted 25% of their care to charity.

The only duty a person has to society is to take care of him/her self, which is incredibly easy with no taxes and a good education.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join