It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feel the Bern-ie Sanders

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate
a reply to: introvert

Responsibility for one's own life and decisions are not the same as being left alone. Friends and sympathy are real whether the government makes laws about them or not.

Private fire and police companies would probably serve neighboring addresses and maybe even adjoining areas as advertising and public relations expenses.

Before Medicare and the illegal alien invasion, hospitals budgeted 25% of their care to charity.

The only duty a person has to society is to take care of him/her self, which is incredibly easy with no taxes and a good education.

Have you ever lived in a small town? I watched in mine, a house burn to the ground, because the owners had not paid there volunteer fire department "Donation", private security, give me a break, they are worse than small town cops.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
The country needs some comprehensive changes in many different direction, but while we all argue left/right the status quo continues to divide.

And that's why a single party, ideology will ultimately fail.

The "status quo" enjoys the bickering and partisan divide.

It hates the idea of unity of purpose. The unity of peace.

I'm just talking about it here, anyway. Not like anyone is going to jump on the beezzer bandwagon. But I'll probably write an editorial or two. I'm on different sites. I'll write to the campaigns.

I'm annoying.

I get heard.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

The country needs some comprehensive changes in many different direction, but while we all argue left/right the status quo continues to divide.

And that's why a single party, ideology will ultimately fail.

The "status quo" enjoys the bickering and partisan divide.

It hates the idea of unity of purpose. The unity of peace.

I'm just talking about it here, anyway. Not like anyone is going to jump on the beezzer bandwagon. But I'll probably write an editorial or two. I'm on different sites. I'll write to the campaigns.

I'm annoying.

I get heard.

May sound odd, but for the purposes you are expressing, I would readily jump on the Beezer bandwagon, I am tired of the BS, and just want to live out the rest of my life being able to take care of me and mine. That might be part of the issue, no one has had to take care of their own for a long time.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Maybe we agree on a lot more than you think.

Well said.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

So because he didn't turn the US into an authoritarian police-state,, you consider that a compromise?

Quite, he is working on it, give him a chance to finish before you diminish his legacy. -Sarcasm
edit on 22-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Maybe we agree on a lot more than you think.

Well said.

Thank you, I am pretty sure we are part of the 70%, and if we could have someone elected by 70% that would be a huge accomplishment.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Semicollegiate

Just because you confuse far left with collectivism doesn't mean it is necessarily or that I am. Yeah there's collectivists on the left (the right too!) but I'm not one of them. I have no problem with collectives and I'd probably do fine in one for a while but ultimately I'm an individualist. But left and right see individualism very differently.

The rebel rag issue brings the State to the heel of the people.

I don't confuse them. I would put Anarcho-Capitalism on the far Left because it is new. Individualism is new. They have to be on the left. Totalitarianism is new because it involves democracy at some point, otherwise it is just despotism -- tyranny of the majority. Communism is as old as tribalism, and so is on the right, because it is old and has worked well in that we are here today.

As I have said before, left and right are terms that are mistakenly used by beginners and purposefully used by the MSM to confuse clear thinking. Conservatives now favor the income tax and social security because those programs are older than any of the Republicans running today. And the Left, "the new way" has been coercive statists since the Progressive Era.

Individualism and collectivism define the political spectrum better. Neither term is heard on the MSM (Main Stream Media).

The Rebel Flag represents all who died for it, for reasons on left and right. Being against the Rebel Flag in every case is prejudice and ignorance.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

One of my favorite pass times is tilting at windmills.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

The Rebel Flag represents all who died for it, for reasons on left and right. Being against the Rebel Flag in every case is prejudice and ignorance.

I know this is not the thread for it, but I have had family in North America since 1621, and had family members die on both sides of that flag. Since the Confederate Battle Flag was raised to support racists groups, I have every right to be against it, that are neither prejudiced or ignorant. Read your history, it was never the flag of The Confederacy, and even if it were, why would you fly the flag of traitors on our government properties?
edit on 7/22/2015 by BubbaJoe because: brain faster than fingers

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

One of my favorite pass times is tilting at windmills.

I have been known to tilt at a few myself

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You seem to equate volunteer with hired to perform.

I don't see how a volunteer fire department compares to a business with a reputation to protect and contractual obligation to fulfil.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I don't see how a volunteer fire department compares to a business with a reputation to protect and contractual obligation to fulfil.

So now you want to privatize fire and police protection, and make them for profit businesses, and you see no issues with this scenario?

Gee Dave, revenues are down this month.
Dave: well I will go set this place on fire

Seriously, WTF?
edit on 7/22/2015 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

I think Alan Grayson would be his perfect running mate.

I agree, and that ticket makes me throw up a little in my mouth. Toxic wouldn't begin to describe it.

Mr. Ketsuko

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Actually both sides were racist. Even the abolitionists were racist, they were against slavery, not racism. Slavery was legal in New Jersey until 1865. Slaves were used in Rhode Island to build the navy ships that the blockaded the South until 1842.

The Confederate Flag represented self government. Nothing else.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Actually both sides were racist. Even the abolitionists were racist, they were against slavery, not racism. Slavery was legal in New Jersey until 1865. Slaves were used in Rhode Island to build the navy ships that the blockaded the South until 1842.

The flag you are so quick to support was never the confederate flag. It was a banner used on the battlefield. Slavery was legal in most of the states until 1865, even in Missouri where I live. I might add, it was legal to kill Mormons here in Missouri until 1976.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The flag you are so quick to support was never the confederate flag. It was a banner used on the battlefield. Slavery was legal in most of the states until 1865, even in Missouri where I live. I might add, it was legal to kill Mormons here in Missouri until 1976.

I didn't know that about Mormons.

A battlefield flag, which people are dying under, is less likely to represent something denounced by all as immoral, as slavery was, than it is to represent something to die for, like self government.

It should be self evident that the soldiers of the South were not dying for slavery.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

So it is a one issue fight for you? Had my birth control taken care of 27 years ago by getting snipped in the military, whoops, guess you paid for that too.

'

Why do you assume it's a one issue fight for me ... because I only gave one example? There are others, but I only gave one. Every time we are forced to collectivize something, everyone else's business becomes ours and vice versa. At that point, your business is everyone else's. Look at the mass data collection for another example. What's yours is mine and what's mine becomes yours and nobody has anything that is just theirs ... at that point, it becomes impossible to just live your own life becomes that isn't yours anymore, either.

Look at the rhetoric we get: You didn't build that. No one did it one their own. And so on and so forth.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

So now you want to privatize fire and police protection, and make them for profit businesses, and you see no issues with this scenario?

Gee Dave, revenues are down this month.
Dave: well I will go set this place on fire

Seriously, WTF?

Well the government system did not work, how can you say its better?

At least a private system, with competition always keeping the providers competent, has a legal and commercial recourse. The company can be sued for breach of contract or what ever -- negligence, arson ??, and customers would switch to a better service provider.

Your argument is-- this system doesn't work, therefore no system will work so lets keep paying taxes for nothing. Sounds like slavery.

edit on 22-7-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

Let's be honest Beezzer. Let's pretend for a moment that you and I are the embodiment of the entire voter base. There is zero we could compromise on. That is where we are as a nation. It's time for a divorce.

That is why States Rights are so important and useful. Libs move to one state, Cons move to a different State.

One Ring to Rule them All is a bear trap. There should be no national government.

Sounds good to me, just as long as the Libertarians get Colorado.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I didn't know that about Mormons.

A battlefield flag, which people are dying under, is less likely to represent something denounced by all as immoral, as slavery was, than it is to represent something to die for, like self government.

It should be self evident that the soldiers of the South were not dying for slavery.

You need to seriously go read some history, the flag was developed so that the confederates could identify each other on the battlefield, am sorry, late at nite so am not going to search for links. The man that designed the flag was an out and out racist, and if you google his meaning for the flag, you might not be so proud, but then again you might.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join