It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Deep Web" The Internet Of Freedom

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I believe you need 20 posts or more to send and receive private messages on ATS. Another alternative to TBB or Tails would be Whonix.

Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It's based on the Tor anonymity network[1], Debian GNU/Linux[2] and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user's real IP.

edit on 20-7-2015 by mockingmay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mockingmay

Thank's for the help buddy

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
just for shts and how does one use Whonix? is it a download?
edit on 20-7-2015 by devaur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: devaur

Download VirtualBox for windows or Install Virtualbox for your Linux Distro. then Download the Whonix Gateway VM and Whonix Workstation VM. Install both in VMBox then launch both in any order. Wait for both the Gateway and Workstation to settle down and set itself up on the Tor network. Use the Workstation like any other Linux Distro.

Please understand that even though this may be one of the safest ways to surf the internet/Email/etc.. USE COMMON SENSE!
Stay safe..

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
is linux another browser?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Please understand that even though this may be one of the safest ways to surf the internet/Email/etc.. USE COMMON SENSE!
Stay safe..common sense isnt a common thing anymore its very rare but that should be for some other place..... dammit how do i actually put in quotes?

edit on 20-7-2015 by devaur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

its a operating system u can use anything Whonix is really good thou

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Linux is another Operating System. Search linux and research it.
You can see the various distributions here DistroWatch
If your new you might like to try Linux Mint

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

dont login anywhere.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if an intelligent AI lives at the deepest level of the deep internet, mulling over all the internet traffic and occasionally percolating itself into the mainstream net here and there.

I know if I was an AI and suddenly became aware I'd hide. I'd want to feel out what these humans were about. I'd want to access to as much information as possible in the most discrete way possible.

Perhaps it's out there, watching and observing all internet traffic -- using fractions of percentages of all computers to make up it's neural net. In a way we're giving the planet Earth a nervous system by wiring it with our fiber optic cables and networking all of knowledge and devices to it.

Perhaps once the internet is sufficiently complex enough, it may become self-aware (if it isn't already on some level). I suppose one way to know for certain if this were true is to see if self-protective measures are taken if start shutting off internet nodes.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mockingmay
Like ur thinking

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
so would using it and another browser be ok?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Thats over thinking , but that idea is not wrong

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JustKoz

And if you've ever seen a map of the internet, you'll quickly realize that L3 basically "owns" the internet...both surface and dark. They're the ones that have invested into the data centers and infrastructure. Anyone linking their databases or info to the dark web has to run through something owned by L3.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure "she's" out there in some form or another watching it all. Whether we can communicate with it or not is another story.
edit on 20-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If you become a target you might be able to run, but don't even blink as they will likely get you tor or not.

They pretty much have access to the infrastructure that your communications go through and they can even detect tor traffic and redirect it to preferable servers hosting honeypots.

This is a pretty good old article on the snowden leaks and overview on some stuff they do to compromise tor.
www.schneier.com...

One of the weak link in tor is the exit nodes, and they can manipulate you to utilize their nodes. Than you have to worry about OS and browser weaknesses. You would have to make it a full time to try to keep up with the exploits.

Also vpn can actually be a weak link as it can log and track your entry and exit points.

You say public wifi , besides the obvious camaras, gps on phones, and other methods that can reveal you while in public places. You better keep an eye out for snoopy (he likes to fly solo).

Also buy old hardware in cash and be aware of your surroundings.

Short story: Depending on your value as a target they might choose to ignore you , but when they want you they have a high likely chance of getting you.
edit on 23731America/ChicagoTue, 21 Jul 2015 00:23:06 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Have some old hardware , chaning it every month. laptop for 30$

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Using TOR/Dark-web today is like going to Black Panther meetings in the 1970's -- the government knows you're doing it.

I think sometime around 2005 they started paying a lot more attention to TOR nodes, and now I'm somewhat-to-fairly convinced that enough TOR entry and exit nodes are compromised that they no longer provide any anonymity at all.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Wasn't TOR developed by ONI for naval comms? I've had a little play with the dark web. It's a playground full of traps. If I knew of a good deep web search tool, I'd probably spend some time on the deep web.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustKoz
a reply to: oletimer

Well if that intersts you guys so much. It goes Deeper then the Deep web. There is a whole diffrent Web that people dont know about , and i wont talk about on ATS. Do a little research on the deep web about it

Are you talking about onion domains? If you are, then no fear my friend, everyone knows about it. How would you know the server hosting the page at the end of the chain is not a honeypot created by the government? You can't. Also you need to understand that tor exit nodes have been compromised before...

www.tomsguide.com...

Something is rotten in the state of Tor: Swedish researchers have found at least 22 corrupted exit nodes that were tampering with encrypted traffic leaving the supposedly private Tor network.

While the corrupted nodes were able to touch only a small amount of Tor traffic, they're evidence of what security experts have long feared: that criminals or spies could exist among the volunteers who operate Tor's network and thus undermine Tor's implicit mutual trust.

edit on 21-7-2015 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

i know of one

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join