It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Deep Web" The Internet Of Freedom

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustKoz
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yea yea ok. Ur making everything akward , thank you for "posting" some weird tellings
but i wont used them. Thanks

So my posting quotes from you is making everything awkward? Let me make this clear for you. You said you didn't invite anyone to the Deep Web. I posted quotes from you proving you did just that. Then you change your tune and say that you can help them explore it safely. How can you help them explore it safely unless you are inviting them? Now, suddenly I'm making it awkward for you by pointing out your flip flop on this subject? You are expecting people to trust you based solely on your word. I don't know you. You are a stranger to me. Why should I or anyone here trust you to take them safely into a dangerous place? I'm not sure why this thread is even still on ATS. It's like watching a stranger offer candy to small children and sitting back and saying "Well, I hope he isn't dangerous."

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It's not secure in the slightest as it was developed by US Navy years ago according to leaked docs.

It can be made a little bit more secure if you have a degree in maths or computer science but there's no such thing as something being uncrackable, it just requires time, there's even Shor's algorithm to hack all bank/millitary/energy etc...sites and codes once quantum computers become more advanced (which they are rapidly).

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Kinda like this idiot: Idiot Buys Ricin on Dark Web From the FBI...

The regular web is enough for me, thanks. But I appreciate the OP's effort for starting an interesting discussion, just the same.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Haha I hadn't heard that one before. This guy sounds like a real genius:

He had made a list on his computer notepad which included the entries “paid ricin guy” and “get pet to murder”.

Ali’s mobile showed Google and Yahoo searches for “how to make ricin” and “what poison kills you quick, is foolproof, easily found/made, easily concealed and hard to detect”.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

The idea came from the US NAVY not the TOR developers. If you are catuious i reapeat youll never get caught. They make you guys think its that "dangerous" and they make sure you think they can track you down.
After a long resarch i have done for past 2 days , 48h in fron of my computer.
It is impossible , and if someone disagree please prove it with the proper information with statements. Thanks.
edit on 22-7-2015 by JustKoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The idea came from the US NAVY not the TOR developers. If you are catuious i reapeat youll never get caught. They make you guys think its that "dangerous" and they make sure you think they can track you down.
It is impossible , and if someone disagree please prove it with the proper information that with statements. Thanks.

Gee, two whole days? I guess that makes you an expert then...Anyone who makes statements claiming this or that makes it "impossible" to be traced, hasn't got the slightest clue what they're talking about. Those that actually do know what they're talking about, know better.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
But isnt it harder to get to a particular site if you dont know where it is already?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

It is impossible , and if someone disagree please prove it with the proper information with statements. Thanks.

Hey! For all you NSA trolls lurking around....

You've just been challenged.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Well, if I had an exit node compromised, I'd consider a MITM attack on your https, and just ask the client for its IP.

You can also have inserted innocuous looking cookies that will indicate who you are, and the exit node can ask for that. Or for your browser's "fingerprint". Or if you leave java on, that's easy, and I'm pretty sure you can store invisible data in Flash or cookies to identify you after the fact. Next time you go to a site that's "NSA friendly", we'd just look for your signature we stashed on there during your Dark Web Experience, and voila! you are identified.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Well, if I had an exit node compromised, I'd consider a MITM attack on your https, and just ask the client for its IP.

You can also have inserted innocuous looking cookies that will indicate who you are, and the exit node can ask for that. Or for your browser's "fingerprint". Or if you leave java on, that's easy, and I'm pretty sure you can store invisible data in Flash or cookies to identify you after the fact. Next time you go to a site that's "NSA friendly", we'd just look for your signature we stashed on there during your Dark Web Experience, and voila! you are identified.

But let's assume Java scripts has been disabled and Flash for god sakes.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't TOR provide that warning on its landing page?
edit on 22-7-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Dread Pirate Roberts. It doesn't matter how secure you are, you will at some point make a small mistake and that's all a person needs.

When I hung out on Silk Road and BMR one of the biggest things I would read would be about peoples security systems, and their inevitable capture when those systems failed. TOR is the very basics, these were people using throwaway laptops with TOR, using a Tails live CD, off of borrowed wifi, dealing only in tumbled Bitcoins, and communicating purely in PGP with long passphrases as the decryption key, and connecting through proxies in other countries before and after using the TOR nodes. They would still get caught.

So really, the proof is on you. What is the secure system?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

But people do that anyway And https has its own issues as far as exposing your ip . Also the MITM exit node can examine or modify your browser's fingerprint.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

But people do that anyway And https has its own issues as far as exposing your ip . Also the MITM exit node can examine or modify your browser's fingerprint.

As curious as the deep web is, my experience is its all so very cumbersome. My only interest would be reading some good material not indexed by Google but without a good starting point is quite the challenge.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

But unless your dealing in CP or terrorism or a high profile drug dealer you wont be touched useing tor.

As someone said its not illegal to use.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Dread Pirate Roberts. It doesn't matter how secure you are, you will at some point make a small mistake and that's all a person needs.

When I hung out on Silk Road and BMR one of the biggest things I would read would be about peoples security systems, and their inevitable capture when those systems failed. TOR is the very basics, these were people using throwaway laptops with TOR, using a Tails live CD, off of borrowed wifi, dealing only in tumbled Bitcoins, and communicating purely in PGP with long passphrases as the decryption key, and connecting through proxies in other countries before and after using the TOR nodes. They would still get caught.

So really, the proof is on you. What is the secure system?

Like you I also took a intrest.

The majority of those caught got caught due to they drug smuggling activitys getting caught not there tor ussage.

Its very easy for customs to spot a kilo of coke then trace were its being sent. And most the idiots would store the drugs they were dealing in there own homes.

Infact I would say they focused too much on there online sercurity at the expense of real life security.
edit on 22-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

You're confusing the deep and dark web. Nothing particularly dangerous about the deep web. Not the same as dark web portals. I don't see why we should be ignorant to such a mass data pool. I don't think we should be quite as afraid as you'd like us to be. You're right on one thing though, it's not for everybody. If you can't differentiate between the dark/deep web, and navigate the net safely, it's probably not for you.

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mockingmay
I believe you need 20 posts or more to send and receive private messages on ATS. Another alternative to TBB or Tails would be Whonix.

Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It's based on the Tor anonymity network[1], Debian GNU/Linux[2] and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user's real IP.

Which is best, Tails or Whonix?
Some say Tails is easier to setup and better for high risk territory but Whonix is more secure if you were to actually come under a cyber attack.
edit on 27-9-2015 by Voyager1 because: .

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join