It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Deep Web" The Internet Of Freedom

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
thanks OP
thanks for saying nothing at all in 5 pages

tor is lame
the deep web is lame
fire up tor if you want to have your speed drastically reduced while you look at 'stuff' on the deep web

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: devaur
so would using it and another browser be ok?

Some free advice so take it for what it's worth. If you can't differentiate between one operating system or another you shouldn't play on the deep web. If you don't know what an operating system is, you shouldn't play on the deep web. If you can't add a quote on ATS you probably shouldn't play on the deep web. It's like a white boy walking into the ghetto with a cap gun. Questions are good but if you're not computer savvy than its probably not for you.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Well if you dont take caution youll end up slowing down youre computer.
I use a throw away equipment and change it every month.
So if you want to just hate for no reason you can go somewhere else. No point of posting thanks you useless "Mugly"

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
IMO Tor would be a great honeypot for the government. While people "assume" they're being safe and hiding, the government is building case files on all the traffic going in/out of the exit nodes.

Look, L3 and other huge telecoms with military contracts OWN the fiber optic cables and data centers your signal goes through. You don't think they'd find ways to track/identify you? And no, they're not going to tell you how they do it -- they designed the systems so all these "hackers" are doing is guessing and basing their protection off "best guess" off available information the tech companies make available.

If you're a moral person and not into really perverted/weird stuff -- there isn't much reason to visit the "dark net". Anything of value to ordinary people is already found on the surface net -- that's why it exists.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Keep in mind how many users and logs dark net have. It would be impossible to keep track of everyone.
What comes first is the more "important" or "dangerous" people on it.
And even that will take them a loong long time till they find out who it is

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
geez....do people really think that the NSA can't, or, hasn't created an algorithm to track IP addresses on TOR?

That's not quite how it works. Where do you think TOR development comes from? 90% of it, and most of the security features for that matter are paid for by the US government, because they want a platform out there for members of other nations to use to evade web safeguards.

The way TOR is funded and developed is like this:
1. Their developers have periodic meetings and discuss which features they would like to add or improve on. They put the best of these in a list.
2. Their CEO goes to various agencies and governments and asks if they would like to fund any of them. The US Navy is one of the biggest funders, as they're very interested in a lot of it, the CIA is also a huge contributor.
3. They use this funding money to implement the features that were paid for.

TOR is interesting in that the CIA and military are directly funding it to oppose what the NSA is doing, while the NSA is going after the routing mechanism or hacking the download servers to compromise security of the users (such as when _javascript was enabled on everyones copy of TOR a while back).

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustKoz
a reply to: MysticPearl

U dont just get a hacker on ur computer by browsing. U think i actually download stuff ? nope.

Thats the thing , letting people know that it exists and here it is , give to me tell me more

That depends on what scripts embedded in the page your browser is executing.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JustKoz

Nothing wrong with tor its a tool like any other tool on the pc. Its up to you what you do with it..

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
I think sometime around 2005 they started paying a lot more attention to TOR nodes, and now I'm somewhat-to-fairly convinced that enough TOR entry and exit nodes are compromised that they no longer provide any anonymity at all.

I guess it depends on how long you're staying connected for. If you're connecting entirely off of public wifi networks, them getting your location really doesn't matter provided you're not on long enough for them to react. Depending on what you're doing, say you traveled within a 90 minute radius to use various public hotspots, you would probably be pretty safe.

Then there's always spending a few days wardriving and mapping out private wifi you can borrow, though that's getting a bit rarer these days.

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
If you're a moral person and not into really perverted/weird stuff -- there isn't much reason to visit the "dark net". Anything of value to ordinary people is already found on the surface net -- that's why it exists.

I like to think that I'm moral but I'm sure others would disagree.

I used to hang around on BMR and Silk Road just talking to the criminals though. I was fascinated in learning how people like counterfeiters could get away with doing what they were doing, or the hoops drug dealers would go through to get things sent through the mail, and so on. I never did anything illegal, just talked to people but it was rather interesting and you never know when that type of information might be good to know.
edit on 21-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Thank You

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This thread is the equivalent of a stranger walking up to my 16 year old step daughter and saying "Here's the address of a friend of mine. You should go there. It's really fun!" What are the chances she's really gonna have fun?

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Im sorry if i offended you with this thread , i did not invite people to go see the "Dark Web" just presented it

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Im sorry if i offended you with this thread , i did not invite people to go see the "Dark Web" just presented it

I'm not offended, but I have seen you encourage members to go there. Let me show you a few examples of what you have said.

And please stop scaring people , first of it is their choice

Check it youre self

Want to know what it is ? go see it

If you actually live in Finland , where one of my buddies (hackers) live. If u want to have a chat with about it being safe , he can let u know , hes no amateur

if u need help let me know

You certainly are encouraging people to go to the Deep Web and offering to help them. This is akin to an experienced scuba diver offering to take a non swimmer on a dangerous deep dive without giving them swimming lessons.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Thank you OP
I did not realize there was a search engines that could search most of the search engines at one time, which I just found in many of the post on your thread. This will help me in some of my research projects.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i take it for granted that wherever and however you use the net, you are NOT anonymous. ever. anonymity is sooo last year.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Bingo. Frankly, I'm not convinced of the "experienced" part. This whole thread reads to me like someone just learned how to use Tor and wants to show everyone how über cool they are. Nothing I've read indicates that the OP actually knows what they're talking about.

But that's just my opinion...

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Bingo. Frankly, I'm not convinced of the "experienced" part. This whole thread reads to me like someone just learned how to use Tor and wants to show everyone how über cool they are. Nothing I've read indicates that the OP actually knows what they're talking about.

But that's just my opinion...

I actually think he's a gubment agent trolling for patsies.
but that's just my opinion. LOL

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

What i meant is i can help exploring it safely

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

What i meant is i can help exploring it safely

So you are offering your help to people at ATS in exploring the Deep Web? Interesting. As I said this is akin to a stranger walking up to an innocent child and offering to help them explore a biker bar. Nothing against bikers but you get my meaning.

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yea yea ok. Ur making everything akward , thank you for "posting" some weird tellings
but i wont used them. Thanks

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join