It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War Against MANSPREADING, is on.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

I never even heard of manspreading until a few weeks ago.

If you’re wondering, though, Manspreading is the deplorable act of men sitting comfortably on public transport, whereby they position their legs in such a way as to not restrict blood passing to their nether region, which feminists insist is “an expression of patriarchal authority.”

The “manspreading” campaign gained significant traction and celebrity backing at the beginning of this year. At first, many considered it a joke, but it escalated to a point where it was made an “offence” on the NYC subway, with a $50 fine attacked.

Behold the revolutionary, p**** pouch.

That's what it is called.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I've been hearing about this for years. I think it would only apply if a person was spreading so far as to take up more than one space on the metro/train/subway/ etc.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would consider it a badge of honor to know that my junk is so large that I have to pay a fine just to have it on public transport.

Penis envy for life ladies, ha!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
We discussed this back in May HERE.

I don't remember what the outcome was of that thread, but I'm pretty sure it was exaggerated and supposed to be some kind of satire.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I had to actually Google "manspreading" to find out what the heck it was...only to be greeted by a picture of Mr B. Clinton sitting on a subway train "manspreading" .....

Seriously?? It is definitely a comfort thing, I'm "manspreading" right now on my office chair, I don't want the plums 'n sausage squished between my fat legs! They need breathing room...

Bloody feminists!

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Seriously , men aren't allowed to sit comfortably now . I was going to suggest that any women outraged by this grow a pair and see how they sit but i suspect they already have them . What happened to the world i used to love so much .

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

This whole equality thing has me baffled, so can anyone point me to the nearest place where "Women Spreading" is STILL LEGAL?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

I had to actually Google "manspreading" to find out what the heck it was...only to be greeted by a picture of Mr B. Clinton sitting on a subway train "manspreading" .....

Seriously?? It is definitely a comfort thing, I'm "manspreading" right now on my office chair, I don't want the plums 'n sausage squished between my fat legs! They need breathing room...

Bloody feminists!

I feel your pain, well I actually can't, but I can only imagine.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Heaven forbid a male has a surgery in the sensitive area between ones legs.

It makes keeping your legs perfectly together a little difficult.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Find a niche and exploit it. Something for everyone
Materialism at it's finest.
The crazy things people will buy just because it is something new.
Remember the 'Pet Rock'?
For you kids there was a time when somebody had a brainstorm. Get a small rock, put it in a box that was labeled "Pet Rock" with a little manual on the care and feeding of your pet rock. They sold like crazy. And cra cra crazy it was.

Tomorrow some one will come out with a new belly pouch for men that looks like a banana with a zipper for carrying odds and ends. Crazy? Just wait, somebody will do it I bettcha.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
For some men, it's micro-aggression.

For other men, it's macro-aggression.

For everyone, it's PC progressive bullsh!t.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yes, how dare men be men with male anatomy and the space it requires and be so rude as to remind the rest of us of that fact ...

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Wow, it just gets more retarded day after day. If women can't find something to bitch about they'll just make something up. Which reminds me of why cavemen dragged women by the hair..... Because if they dragged them by the ankles they might have filled up with gravel ;-) Which in turn reminds of a rather obese girl at a karaoke bar one night that attempted "manspreading." I think her singing/screeching and that view of her hairy "underwear" may have scarred me for life lol.

We have much greater problems than men sitting reasonably comfortably on subways and buses.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Last night makes the 5th time I've been arrested for 1st degree manspreading.

My lawyer is stressed.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hm. I bet they'd be really upset then if I adjust the package to be ABLE to sit with my legs firmly clenched.

The same women probably want me to squat to pee, too.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"Patriarchal authority"

Silliness.
If a guy is taking up a ton of space on a bus, by "spreading", and it's the only seat left, it's not unreasonable to just tell him politely to squeeze them in a bit so you're not sitting in his lap.

Otherwise, he's just being comfy. Us women know there's a bunch of external dangly bits there.

I don't believe in patriarchal authority. It's only there if you let it be there.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So these women are snatching their own purses, so to speak. And don't they look just peachy?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

That dog should be arrested for manspreading . How dare it take up so much space .

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So I had to look at the pictures in a google search. Not what I thought it would be. For some reason I pictured a guy bending over...

Eh, some of the pictures look about how I sit if there's space, and some are ridiculously spread out, seeming to be more about a territorial thing than actually cooling off your junk. I find territorial guys socially immature, and it's not in the least bit attractive except perhaps to dimwitted party girls in a bar/club setting.

I mean, up to 80 degrees or so if the space is available, whatever, but this 100+ degree crap just looks ridiculous. I was in AA earlier today, minding my own business, and the guy next to me with a seat between us extended his arm out to stretch out across that empty seat to the end near my body. It would perhaps make sense if he had a woman in that seat, but it seemed weird to me. I couldn't figure out if this was a territorial thing, insecure twich, or closet homosexual gesture. I looked at him a bit like, WTF, and he actually walked out a few seconds later. Weirdness. I'd do the same if a guy was stretching out 100+ degrees knees bumping into mine. It's just creepy.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

If you're impeding other passengers, it's rude.

Sorry fellas, nobody's junk is that big and if, by some off chance it is, you need to get that checked.

Having said that... A fine for rudeness is stupid and kind of scary.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join