It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War Against MANSPREADING, is on.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sitting with my legs together squishes my balls.

I keep them as close together as I can, comfortably, when I'm sharing space.

I have a buddy, though, who always sprawls his legs out as far as he can get them because, apparently, he thinks it makes him seem more manly. Guys like him deserve to be punched in the nads every time they do that inconsiderate shyte.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This has been discussed before... the transit laws in New York criminalized taking up more than one seat back in the 90's. That's what the two men were arrested for.

Yes it's stupid. So is the hyperbole surrounding it.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

I was reading this thread and not even sure what the big deal was. I obviously never been on a subway, but took your clue to check out the images in google too. I had no clue what man spreading was. Lol. Seriously? True, I can see where some of these images is just a guy getting comfortable for a long commute. Others just seemed so staged and over-exaggerated!

I can see the rudeness if upon request someone doesn't give you space, but seriously...a fine for rudeness? People are rude in many ways. I can't help but think too many folks are becoming too extremely sensitive. Where will it end?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Somehow calling the male genitalia "Junk" seems slightly misandrist.

I prefer the old colloquialisms of Family Jewels, beef bayonet, German helmet, tackle, mutton dagger, or winkie

tummy banana also has a nice poetic ring to it.

and for all you Star Trek fans.....Pink Tractor Beam

not to mention our UK brothers...twig and berries
edit on 18-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Just so we're clear, I'm in no way okay with a fine here. That's nonsense. If someone is truly stepping over the line, they need to be called out. This has no business being dealt with at a federal or state level. People should take responsibility where it's best. That requires common sense to discern.

So yea, just like the situation today. A quick WTF can do the trick. If not, I mean you wanna take a risk, aim for the junk!

a reply to: olaru12

No hate of guys, I think people are far too sensitive with slang on this site. It might be a regional thing.
edit on 18-7-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

There goes that tic again.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
can we all grow up now?

Seriously, I'm so sick and tired of all of these stupid "men vs. women" news stories.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
One of the great non issues of the day.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: CynConcepts

Just so we're clear, I'm in no way okay with a fine here. That's nonsense. If someone is truly stepping over the line, they need to be called out. This has no business being dealt with at a federal or state level. People should take responsibility where it's best. That requires common sense to discern.

So yea, just like the situation today. A quick WTF can do the trick. If not, I mean you wanna take a risk, aim for the junk!

a reply to: olaru12

No hate of guys, I think people are far too sensitive with slang on this site. It might be a regional thing.

Exactly. A man's and woman's anatomy is different. A man is more likely to spread his legs as a resting position. If you don't like it, speak up and ask politely for some room. The majority of men will be willing to give more room.

The sad part about this is that rather than asking a person to allow them space, it's turned into a campaign against men(hence the term 'manspreading'). So instead of common courtesy, we pass laws. It seems rather coward like to provoke laws against basic anatomy needs rather than accepting gender differences.

Perhaps the solution is to segregate the genders into sections that support their anatomy? Men's seats have more room while women's have less (according to obvious differences). But that's nonsense as we end up with the same amount of seats, with less room in one and more in the other.

It's six or half dozen of the other. The entire notion of 'manspreading' is nothing more than the emasculation of men.
edit on 18-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
My sister is a hardcore lesbian and has been jealous of me since birth because I am a boy, she would love this.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

and for all you Star Trek fans.....Pink Tractor Beam

I thought it was Jean Luc?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I suppose if you really think about it, a line has to be drawn somewhere between acceptable 'manspreading' and unacceptable. But who really wants to be the first to draw that line?

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Well personally I think all men should have their tackle amputated as it is so offensive to the feminist community!

This is crazy gone crazy. Lol, I changed my mind, I think all women should be allowed to do the spread, too. I would like that very much, please, pretty please.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
This has been discussed before... the transit laws in New York criminalized taking up more than one seat back in the 90's. That's what the two men were arrested for.

Yes it's stupid. So is the hyperbole surrounding it.

Yes, and the lady in the picture linked up thread ... how many seats is SHE taking up between her posture and her bag and her dog? I count three, so it's not men are the only ones who spread. So why do we need the gender specific term to it?

(post by Kali74 removed for political trolling and baiting)
CX

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
This made me chuckle....i see just as many women doing this as guys, just last Friday i was travelling on a train back home and saw one woman doing it who much have been a contortionist to get them that wide on Birmingham station platform, and another lady who was doing it with a skirt on......i swear you could see what she had for breakfast!

Live and let live i say, as long as it doesn't interfere with people being able to sit next to you on public transport, who gives a damn how anyone sits?

Seriously, some people need to get a life or at least something bigger to worry about.

CX.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
"Hey, lady...can you move over a seat. Yeah...you're crowding my huge man parts."

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It's not manspreading, it's cretinspreading.

Okay, okay, we need a little room to avoid crushage but some guys damn near spreadeagle themselves...and are an inconvenience to other MALE passengers on public transport, never mind female.

Yes, fine them by all means. Whack them across the chops with a golf club while you're at it.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ketsuko

There isn't. What the woman is doing is called womanspreading. Both are tumblr buzzwords that would die their own swift deaths... hell, SJW tumblr would probably die a swift death if right wing media would stop using it to manipulate hatred toward feminism in general.

Oh, really? SJW tumblr exists w/o right wing media which means right wing media only talks about the craziness that starts there. If you don't like people talking about it, then maybe it's best not to start it? Hmmm?

edit on 19-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I dunno. I kinda like it.

But we def don't need another war.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join