It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV's new show "White People"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CrawlingChaos

I don't know where you got that. I'm talking about people thinking about their futures and maybe considering they'd have better futures....somewhere else! Its called emigration.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: ghostrager

One thing I hope that comes through to the white youth viewers is that, being white, saying "I'm sorry" is never going to be enough. They're white and much more is expected of them in terms of what they owe non-white society. Once that comes through to them, I think they'll finally begin to see how hopelessly difficult a future in the US is going to be for them.

Yes, it's true how hopelessly difficult a future in the US is going to be for today's white youth. Thirty years from now, they'll be living in a once great country that will be ruined by kowtowing to people who entered here illegally and getting endless freebees. They'll be a minority whose voice has been neutered by political correctness established by libs and politicians whoring for votes. The US will be a wretched sewer, because the leeches want to take and not give back. Hopefully, the good Lord willing, I won't be around by that time. I weep for my children and grandchildren.

Well.......that sorta gets it. What I was talking about is simple; suppose you're a 21 year old white kid. You want to put up with all this crap? And does the situation appear to be getting less pronounced? Or is it getting worse? Is it ever going to end? Are you always going to be a suspected racist because your white? Or maybe, you're lucky enough to take that vacation to somwhere else and find out that in that country.....everything isn't all about race. Maybe that would be a better place to find a job! Or......you can stay here and watch the summer riots of outrage and be accused of micro agressions. Take your pick.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: JadeStar

If it's any consolation, I'm in Generation X and I see you as every bit American as the next person.

Most Gen-Xers do. It's mostly the generations before yours who don't. Unfortunately a lot of them are in fairly powerful positions in society.

I think a lot more will change as Gen-X replaces them. That change scares a lot of older people. I hear them say stupidly racist things like "the browning of America" or "by 2050 white people will be a minority in the USA and American culture will be dead."

*facepalm*

I'm pretty well color-blind, despite my mother's best efforts.

The problem comes when a white person who is otherwise as color-blind as anyone in your generation is forced to apologize for simply the crime of being white. It's not enough for some people that folks are color-blind. If you're white, it's like you HAVE to feel guilty about what white people did in the past.

No one is asking you to feel guilty. You didn't do anything. Your ancestors did and all people are asking is that you take that into consideration when discussing these issues because the legacy of things done in the past is what we are still trying to fix.

That's where I take issue. Let's not ignore history, of course. Learn, absorb, reflect, and move on. But being told to apologize for the sins of your fathers is unreasonable.

Unfortunately you don't get to walk away from history. None of us can.

The best any of us can do is try to fix it today.

edit on 9-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

(post by cultsmasher removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
SNIP to remove quoted material
edit on 7/9/2015 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

a reply to: ghostrager

One thing I hope that comes through to the white youth viewers is that, being white, saying "I'm sorry" is never going to be enough. They're white and much more is expected of them in terms of what they owe non-white society. Once that comes through to them, I think they'll finally begin to see how hopelessly difficult a future in the US is going to be for them.

Yes, it's true how hopelessly difficult a future in the US is going to be for today's white youth. Thirty years from now, they'll be living in a once great country that will be ruined by kowtowing to people who entered here illegally and getting endless freebees. They'll be a minority whose voice has been neutered by political correctness established by libs and politicians whoring for votes. The US will be a wretched sewer, because the leeches want to take and not give back. Hopefully, the good Lord willing, I won't be around by that time. I weep for my children and grandchildren.

Well.......that sorta gets it. What I was talking about is simple; suppose you're a 21 year old white kid. You want to put up with all this crap? And does the situation appear to be getting less pronounced? Or is it getting worse? Is it ever going to end? Are you always going to be a suspected racist because your white? Or maybe, you're lucky enough to take that vacation to somwhere else and find out that in that country.....everything isn't all about race. Maybe that would be a better place to find a job! Or......you can stay here and watch the summer riots of outrage and be accused of micro agressions. Take your pick.

I can tell you don't spend much time around 21 year olds.

link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
I'm so tired of people of color trying to make whites feel guilty for everything. I'm white and proud to be white. I feel bad for nothing!

Your microaggressions are hurting my feelings

link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Hardly, though it is a good gig.
If you're referring to the reparations comment, what I was trying to say is that if I was a 20 year old white kid and saw all this turmoil around me, and heard about the topic of reparations, I'd start thinking to myself....."really, they gonna tax me to pay reparations?" "Do I really want to stick around for that?" I'd start looking at my options in....Japan, or South America, Canada or Australia. The one thing the white privilige thing would tell me is......this issue just isn't ever going away. And yea....the "Thinkers for the Elites" are actively examining reparations!
See: www.nytimes.com...
I like the line, We are still working on figuring out the toughest part of the calculus: Who should pay and why. The road to reparations is long; we are only at the beginning of the discussion.
So...no....reparations isn't off the table.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

If it's any consolation, I'm in Generation X and I see you as every bit American as the next person.

Most Gen-Xers do. It's mostly the generations before yours who don't. Unfortunately a lot of them are in fairly powerful positions in society.

I think a lot more will change as Gen-X replaces them. That change scares a lot of older people. I hear them say stupidly racist things like "the browning of America" or "by 2050 white people will be a minority in the USA and American culture will be dead."

*facepalm*

The problem comes when a white person who is otherwise as color-blind as anyone in your generation is forced to apologize for simply the crime of being white. It's not enough for some people that folks are color-blind. If you're white, it's like you HAVE to feel guilty about what white people did in the past.

No one is asking you to feel guilty. You didn't do anything. Your ancestors did and all people are asking is that you take that into consideration when discussing these issues because the legacy of things done in the past is what we are still trying to fix.

That's where I take issue. Let's not ignore history, of course. Learn, absorb, reflect, and move on. But being told to apologize for the sins of your fathers is unreasonable.

Actually quite a number of people are asking that very thing of people. Yes, my "ancestors" (Never mind I'm also Native American in addition to being "white") did some pretty awful things. And it's worthwhile to learn exactly what they did and how not to make those same mistakes in the future. But look around the internet and you'll see tons of people demanding white people apologize for the actions of the past. I will not apologize for what those who came before me did.

I agree, let's not walk away from history. But let's also not become so entrenched in it that we find it impossible to move forward.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I've spent quite a bit of time with the ones that can "think". I admit....that's a small percentage. I was on the phone for two hours last last week talking about this very subject and the guy was actively looking at opportunities outside the US. He has a brain.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Jadestar,
It stands for negro. You know. As in when most music performed by White people went away and was replaced by rap, hip hop or whatever.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I've spent quite a bit of time with the ones that can "think". I admit....that's a small percentage. I was on the phone for two hours last last week talking about this very subject and the guy was actively looking at opportunities outside the US. He has a brain.
This, as all things, shall eventually pass. In the future, people will look back on this rather tumultuous time in history and wonder exactly why people got all bent out of shape just because of the way someone looks.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

I guess you've never been outside the US. Its hard to imagine, but......if you spent a couple of weeks in, Italy for example, you'd find that everything, everyday on the TV isn't all about the "others", and racism and shootings, etc.
Just sayin' maybe its time for some people to expand their horizons.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

*facepalm*

Actually quite a number of people are asking that very thing of people. Yes, my "ancestors" (Never mind I'm also Native American in addition to being "white") did some pretty awful things. And it's worthwhile to learn exactly what they did and how not to make those same mistakes in the future. But look around the internet and you'll see tons of people demanding white people apologize for the actions of the past. I will not apologize for what those who came before me did.

I agree, let's not walk away from history. But let's also not become so entrenched in it that we find it impossible to move forward.

Agreed. Totally. Also the Internet is full of trolls.
edit on 9-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

a reply to: SpaDe_

I guess you've never been outside the US. Its hard to imagine, but......if you spent a couple of weeks in, Italy for example, you'd find that everything, everyday on the TV isn't all about the "others", and racism and shootings, etc.
Just sayin' maybe its time for some people to expand their horizons.

Anyone who doesn't live in the inner city in the US already lives this way.

Except for mainstream media. It's all race and shootings all the time.
edit on 9-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Italy is a very racist country though.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Was that the reason he cited? A lot of my generation would like to live and work abroad. That's just because we tend to not get too caught up on national borders and talk with people abroad frequently.

Also a lot of people my age have gone to study in Germany because the tuition is free.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Heh, like an MTV reality show is going to change society.

I don't know about that. When Jersey Shore was all the rage, there were more than too many "wannabe guidos and guidettes" filling the clubs, and living the G.T.L. lifestyle (I knew quite a few of them).

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie, I want to say this as politely as possible, but many of the responses you are getting on this thread are accurate.
You could come to the US and stay for a year, weave in and out smooth as silk in our society like we do, and never personally witness any racism.

In Journalism, "dog bites man" is not a story. "Man bites dog" is the story, and that's what they print in the papers and show on the news. It's misleading, because you only read about 'man bites dog' while the other stories are ignored because they are so commonplace.

The situation is not nearly as bad as all these stories make it out to be. Those stories are the exception rather than the rule. That's why you hear about them. To take all those stories and make them out to be 'our culture of racism' is unfair, and also a big fat mistake.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Was that the reason he cited? A lot of my generation would like to live and work abroad. That's just because we tend to not get too caught up on national borders and talk with people abroad frequently.

Also a lot of people my age have gone to study in Germany because the tuition is free.

MSM provides a warped version of reality. They sell fear and exploit people of all colors and creeds. Turn it off.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join