It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV's new show "White People"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: introvert

Many of *them* need to man up...

We're alright.

This statement is ridiculous. Your country is no better than ours, and you are no better than us. You need to learn to separate what's real, from what the news media prints and shows to make money and ratings. I would have thought you knew that. And by the way who is "We" and who is "them"?

Just curious.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cultsmasher
a reply to: JadeStar
Jadestar,
It stands for negro. You know. As in when most music performed by White people went away and was replaced by rap, hip hop or whatever.

LOL What?

Music doesn't have a race.

I'm just going to put these here:

So much ignorance in this thread...
edit on 9-7-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
MTV is no longer relevant. It was great back in the day, now its just friggin lame.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
MTV is no longer relevant. It was great back in the day, now its just friggin lame.

Did they ever really play music?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ah anyone else remember way back when when MTV (Music Television) actually played music ?

I miss them days.

I have no shame by the way.

There sure is privilege in this country.

It use to be called American pride.

Self deprecation is really lame.

For the record not doing minorities any favors with shows like that.

Putting oneself down to make someone else feel better ?

What the hell is up with that ?

LAME with a capital L.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Oh yes, it was great. Every song had a video, and they played them 24-7.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Oh yes, it was great. Every song had a video, and they played them 24-7.

So it was like Palladia?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It was awesome in the late 80's early 90's. My favorite block was "headbanger's ball"

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
America had better hope Trump gets in then, so he can build that wall.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You're a racist. congrats to stooping down to the level and mind of a racist.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

It was awesome in the late 80's early 90's. My favorite block was "headbanger's ball"

I heard about that. i just found it hard to believe 'cause all i've ever seen on it were reality shows.

Nice to meet another metalhead
(tried to do the rock horns with the backslash-m-slash combination but ats doesn't likey)

BTW: Ever watch that show Metal Evolution?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
(double post)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

Yes, can you imagine it? MTV used to stand for Music TV.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I heard about that. i just found it hard to believe 'cause all i've ever seen on it were reality shows.

Nice to meet another metalhead
(tried to do the rock horns with the backslash-m-slash combination but ats doesn't likey)

BTW: Ever watch that show Metal Evolution?
Nah I mostly Anime these days.

Because anime is awesome.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
their is allot of money in racism, hell our 3 branches of the government are depended on class warfare to survive..

Yet to see mass media creating the propaganda to enforce racism, it just makes me shake my head,

eventually to those who are not intellectual and their are allot millions of billions of them,

when they are told and shown how to act, thru the tv they will for example, look at some music,

millions of people are influenced by music etc.

It has been proven, you can change culture with mass media..

As long as we have race vs race class vs class their will never be a better way...

If anything it is all about control, divide the populace and keep it uneducated and confused you remain in control...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

We are the anti PC, free speech crowd...

Them are the new PC crowd who came into existence the moment they saw this was a TV show...
The same group who usually hate PC BS...

That's them who I was responding to earlier.

Sorry for the late reply, not getting messages in my inbox.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

Typical garbage MTV excretes now day. The guy making the pro rebel flag argument didn't even know who Lee was. It was a war that my great grandfather believed was just and he was no racist. To even compare the CSA to a fascist regime that massicred entire ethnic groups is unfair. The US army has a longer history of racism than the south, that still doesn't mean the natives were a peaceful people before whitey showed up with alcohol and spiked the peyote. If we didn't take the best wheat they would have...correct? Follow that logic if you can, they deserve the best because they are native not because they have a better more powerful culture... that's racist. I should be on this show.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Kind of weird that you want to be viewed as "all American" but tell us only about your race and how you view others by their race.

We're never going to get rid of racist dumbasses no matter how many conversations we have or flags we take down. We will only get rid of them once we stop living in the past and actually start treating everyone as equals.

Race is not special but people can be. Instead of telling us what your parents look like, why not tell us about your accomplishments; probably more people would care about that.

I don't care about the color of the guy that made peanut butter, I only care that he did.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
White people pretending to be victims in this thread is not going to make the pc thing go away you guys are actually feeding it. I would to say America right now is not as racist as it used to be. There is a couple of countries that trump them in that category right one of them includes my home country of Dominican Republic. Right now they are deporting LEGAL Haitians that were born in DR just because their parents aren't citizens. They have A LOT of self hate down there did you know if your hair is not straight like a European you are considered ugly and crazy there? It's disgusting. That's what white supremacy really is. America is making strides but there is a long ways to go.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

" They're white and much more is expected of them in terms of what they owe non-white society ."

And What Exactly Do " White Kids " Owe " Non White " Society ? Be Very Careful if you have the Gumption to Answer that Question , if not , it Could start a Verbal Riot on this Site .

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join