It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

edit on 7-7-2015 by aorAki because: double + formatting

(post by Seamrog removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

None of my business you say? I am a human being. I care when people die. Don't be naive.

ahhh dam it, I am going to take the bait.

Right I am anti-abortion, basically I believe that human life is created at the point of conception and that little bundle of cells deserves the same rights as you or I.

HOWEVER!!!!

It is a very personal belief, and what in my experience really annoys people is when you try to stuff your believes down the throats of others taking the moral high ground. Your above comment is a perfect example of what I mean, you said that you care about human life, so what? people who are pro-abortion don't care about human life? is that what you are trying to say? because that is how it sounds.

Saying stuff like that pisses people off.

There are very valid reasons for why abortion should be legal and the pro-choice group, although i strongly disagree with them have lots of very good points. If you ever want to change some ones mind on Abortion or even change legislation you have to understand, accept and the face up to the very valid reasons as to why abortion is a good thing.

This problem of basically being totally unable to see and respect the opposite point of view is not uniquely your own, its a systemic problem on ATS and the internet at large, so please do not think I am having a go at you.

I am anti-abortion.

unlike you I don't feel a need to alienate people with my views.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I'm actually a male not a female..

All the more reason why you have no business editorializing on the subject of childbirth and/or its alternatives. But of course that's not really important to the viability of your youtube channel, is it? Nothing of worth to see here, folks.

None of my business you say? I am a human being. I care when people die. Don't be naive.

no, you care about appearing to care. you care about making a good impression on your chosen deity. you will forget every hell-bound soul in a few moments time when you reach the pearly gates (as you believe you will) and that will be that. you wouldnt trade your seat in heaven for anything. and that says you dont actually care.

Complete and utter tosh.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Im not religious,and im not saying it shouldnt be done ,in some cases such as rape the mother has the choice....but do some reading as to how and what techniques are employed and it will make your heart very heavy,especially if you have tried to have children for 10yrs and hear of others not wanting their pregnancies ......i was shocked when I read what was done to that poor little baby while in the womb.....murder plain and simple

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

All the more reason why you have no business editorializing on the subject of childbirth and/or its alternatives. But of course that's not really important to the viability of your youtube channel, is it? Nothing of worth to see here, folks.

no, you care about appearing to care. you care about making a good impression on your chosen deity. you will forget every hell-bound soul in a few moments time when you reach the pearly gates (as you believe you will) and that will be that. you wouldnt trade your seat in heaven for anything. and that says you dont actually care.

Complete and utter tosh.

then i hope to see you in hell after you give your seat at gods table to a less fortunate soul.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Jesus would never condone Gay marriage or Abortion because God wouldn't, but when a Christian speaks out about these things from a loving place they get called a bad Christian.

I always think that is an amusing argument...as if you know what Jesus would or would not condone in a given situation. Isn't this the same guy who wouldn't let his followers bully a prostitute because she was a human being just as much as they were, no matter how she made a living? And your god was the one who cautioned against people in glass houses throwing stones too, yeah (sage advice, by the way, regardless of who gave it)? Yet you presume to speak for both of them. Which is, in and of itself, a form of blasphemy.

I especially love how you managed to insert gay marriage into this too, as if your thread was not already inflammatory enough with the whole anti-abortion thing. Never miss an opportunity to tell others how best to live their lives, right?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Complete and utter tosh.

then i hope to see you in hell after you give your seat at gods table to a less fortunate soul.

Your comments are prime examples of why I don't respond to a lot of people on this site. It's not because I don't care, it's because the conversation was never going anywhere in the first place.

Leading statements and loaded questions are just not something I tend to waste my time on. Sometimes I fall for it or take the bait but I never get too worked up about it.

I remember when this site used to be civil.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What the bible says about abortion

That's a mighty big plank in your eye!

More!

It's all part of God's wondrous Law of Jealousies. God's magical abortion procedure. A priest, some bitter water, and a wife that you think might have been unfaithful. Priceless. So if God has his own abortion procedure, abortion can't be wrong, right?

edit on 7-7-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

If they felt it was that personal and private of a decision to make....they wouldn't be here arguing back and forth about what decision the woman then needs to make. There would be more posts ready to support either decision a woman makes on the issue or simply a lack of posts. When someone has gone through something themselves, they usually tend to try and show a bit more empathy than I am seeing from most of the posters on here.

Perhaps what is wrong with the entire thread is the lack of divulged information. Maybe if people like you didn't make those who shared feel like crap for doing so, maybe more people would share.

edit on 7-7-2015 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Keep twisting the Bible to suit your own selfish arguments. I don't speak for God and never pretend to. I do however express biblical opinions.

Me believing that the Bible is the word of God is not blasphemy. If something is clear in the Bible, or goes without saying based on other clear notions, then it is not being blasphemous to say that it is Gods stance on the subject at hand.

I can't believe I just took the bait but your ignorance (or trolling) is just too much.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Your abortion:
A mistake that you made that so infuriates you that you will kill for it.

How progressives twist the logic of abortion being a "right" is amazing.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Jesus would never condone Gay marriage or Abortion because God wouldn't, but when a Christian speaks out about these things from a loving place they get called a bad Christian.

TechUnique, I have read your responses and have become humbled in your replies. So i will be humble back.

I have to ask, How would you know if Jesus would condemn Gay & Abortion? ( To me, i find it offending that you can say such a statement. and i'll respect what you have said.)Next Question: Is Jesus not about Love? Forgiveness? Understanding? So whatever the reason for the individual(s), can we not assume they have it rough and a doctor giving the abortion is doing it outta love towards them too? He sees their suffering, and having a child would only put them further into poverty and become sadder than they were without the baby?

So, I Apologize for my Trolling. (i'm sure the mods aren't too far behind to take my points and remove the conversations)
And i'm sure you've notice the chaos that ensues on this subject. This is a touchy subject that, needs more time to evolve.

Regards,

edit on th11Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:11:58 -0500K201575831pm7 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Your abortion:
A mistake that you made that so infuriates you that you will kill for it.

How progressives twist the logic of abortion being a "right" is amazing.

False liberals only care about the rights of those they care about or themselves. Anyone else is just a sub human who doesn't deserve any rights because they are 'bigots'.

What about an unborn child and he/she's right to live.

Oh I forgot, the womans right to choose whether to murder her offspring or not trumps a babies right to live no matter what. Silly me. Shame on me.

link   

None of your business, yes, that is exactly what I said. If you "care when people die" then why are you cheapening it by using it as fodder for your own personal amusement and gain? "Naive" is the very last term that could be applied to me. Conversely, I see right through you. You are as transparent as cellophane...and you are not even remotely original, either.

link   

Your comments are prime examples of why I don't respond to a lot of people on this site. It's not because I don't care, it's because the conversation was never going anywhere in the first place.

im sure there will be plenty of starved ethiopians to give your heavenly seat to. its my understanding that not all of them accepted jesus in exchange for food.

Leading statements and loaded questions are just not something I tend to waste my time on. Sometimes I fall for it or take the bait but I never get too worked up about it.

if it werent for such elements, most flavors of theology wouldnt have gotten anywhere either.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

TechUnique, I have read your responses and have become humbled in your replies. So i will be humble back.

I have to ask, How would you know if Jesus would condemn Gay & Abortion? ( To me, i find it offending that you can say such a statement. and i'll respect what you have said.)Next Question: Is Jesus not about Love? Forgiveness? Understanding? So whatever the reason for the individual(s), can we not assume they have it rough and a doctor giving the abortion is doing it outta love towards them too? He sees their suffering, and having a child would only put them further into poverty and become sadder than they were without the baby?

So, I Apologize for my Trolling.
And i'm sure you've notice the chaos that ensues on this subject. This is a touchy subject that, needs more time to evolve.

Regards,

I'm sorry but you've already admitted to trolling so I'm not about to entertain a full on theological debate with you. I have no hard feelings for you trolling me at the start but I'm just not gonna do it, sorry.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Keep twisting the Bible to suit your own selfish arguments. I don't speak for God and never pretend to. I do however express biblical opinions.

Me believing that the Bible is the word of God is not blasphemy. If something is clear in the Bible, or goes without saying based on other clear notions, then it is not being blasphemous to say that it is Gods stance on the subject at hand.

If I was to say God doesn't like it when people lie, it is true because it is in the bible.

I can't believe I just took the bait but your ignorance (or trolling) is just too much.

maybe you can tell us why, if the bible is god's word, up to 50 books were left out of latest version?
www.youtube.com...

seems like ancient Christians didn't like what god said in these books
edit on 7-7-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Oh I forgot, the womans right to choose whether to murder her offspring or not trumps a babies right to live no matter what. Silly me. Shame on me.

Again the problem i have with you TechUnique is not so much your views but how you put them across.

I agree with this statement, abortion could be called giving the right to a women to legally murder her child.

But if you use language like that you are never going to change anything or anyone's mind.

I think you need to go away for a while and learn how to conduct yourself in a debate because i find myself in the most peculiar of situations where by I agree with your view points but cannot help but shot you down on how you chose to voice them.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

None of your business, yes, that is exactly what I said. If you "care when people die" then why are you cheapening it by using it as fodder for your own personal amusement and gain? "Naive" is the very last term that could be applied to me. Conversely, I see right through you. You are as transparent as cellophane...and you are not even remotely original, either.

Naive? Okay maybe naive isn't the right word as that would imply innocence.

Arrogant, ignorant and audacious are probably better ones. I'm done talking to you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join