It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: grimpachi

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Me thinks someone is trying to launch their Youtube career.

I get the same impression.

ATS seems to be becoming just another place people can post their Youtube videos to get hits to their site.

As I said I get plenty of hits anyway?

Give it a rest. I'm contributing to the site. This site runs on user contributions.

What you call a contribution I consider as clogging up the site with the same thing you clogged up youtube with.

If you want to contribute then try doing more than just posting a video and a small paragraph about how you like your video with a link to a anti-choice site.

You should try to actually write some on the topic. If all you wish to say is in your video then leave it on youtube where people wish to watch videos.

People DISCUSS videos on this site.

You're dumb.

People also post one line threads with links and they get discussed to me you do pretty much the same thing.

My complaint is with your methods and lack of content. If you didn't repeatedly abandon your own threads it wouldn't be as big of an issue, but your MO is hit and run which leaves those of us that have witnessed your behavior concluding that you simply are trying to drum up hits to your site.

Even in this thread you have repeatedly avoided questions. Don't worry though because I went to Youtube to give you a

I'm sorry I can't reply to pages worth of comments at a time. Other comments I just choose not to respond to. As for the threads I abandon to be perfectly frank with you, I can't be bothered to argue in a futile environment so if I feel a conversation verging into pointless I just dip.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

what do you mean, it's the truth.. look at obama his mother is white... You people hate to hear the truth about yourselves ... That's why its tanks in your streets ...
edit on 7-7-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Stormdancer777

It's interesting.

I see people saying that they think it might be wrong, but they wouldn't want to infringe on the rights of the mother to make a decision as to whether the unborn child should live.

It's like slavery. People would say, "Well, I don't own a slave, I never would, but I'm all for others owning slaves if they wanted to!"

that where the verse
Let us not be partakers of other people's sins, but rather let us continue in the way of righteousness.

(post by SirKonstantin removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Universe - or in your case, God - forbid your daughter ever has to go through something as horrific as rape because her support system is severely lacking.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
The video is shock pictures...blood and guts..a lot is probably manipulated. A preacher-like guy rambles in the background. It isn't scientific or specific in any way.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Many times when I hear someone speaking about being "pro-life", I can't help but wonder about their stance on conflict and war.
I have heard so many talk about the sanctity of life when it concerns abortion issues, but then seem to think nothing about sending young men and women into harms way at the drop of a hat.

I would hope they will change their attitude when they realized war is simply a means of "retro-active abortion". It just lets the mothers get better aquainted to their childern before they are killed at the "states" request.

I think war is abhorrent.
2nd.

(post by SirKonstantin removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Most people understand this is the cold hard reality and more acceptable than the alternatives no one can come up with?
Arrest the women with murder?

Abortions are going to happen.

the best thing we should do is make it as safe as possible for those who do actually have to make the decision to have one, try not to judge or be vengeful

edit on 7-7-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: WatchingY0u

Birth control began over 6000 years ago...

The earliest documented instances of birth control date to 2,000BCE at the earliest, anything else is speculation.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

In Hungary and Poland we find two European nations whose people and deep Christian roots have suffered terribly under the most destructive ideologies in history -- Nazism and Communism. Although both nations fought valiantly, sometimes together, against the forces of oppression, both are missing millions of fellow citizens lost to war, concentration camps and abortion.

Yet the neighbors of Hungary and Poland in the European Union and around the world are watching as both have made dramatic moves to restrict abortion: Poland with a 1993 law that has virtually eliminated abortion on demand; and Hungary with 2011′s "Easter Constitution," which lays the groundwork for a possible elimination of legal abortion and other assaults on innocent life and the family. Even as pressure increases on Hungary to get in line with the rest of the EU and abandon its Christian identity and morality, Poland finds that returning to a culture of life takes more than changes in law, since Western consumerism has eclipsed the more overt attacks on life and family.

We find both important lessons and hope in the efforts of Poland and Hungary to reclaim their Christian identity, and to return to a Culture of Life.

Central & Eastern Europe: A Return to Life

youtu.be...

Some of the lowest birth rates in the world, cultures about to disappear.

Russia has the same problem.

War and concentration camps thrown together with abortion? This is too much. I saw slavery thrown in at one point as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

the best thing we should do is make it as safe as possible for those who do actually have to make the decision to have one, try not to judge or be vengeful

So it's okay to judge someone who is against gay marriage.
It's okay to judge someone who wants to fly a confederate flag.

But when one person kills another, then we shouldn't judge because it was a hard decision?

People will justify this in a 100 different ways.

Because it is easier to justify it than take responsibility for it.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: WatchingY0u
Birth control began over 6000 years ago, that's how white people, yellow people and the lighter shade of brown peoples came into existence. The black man taught his doctors the method. He wanted to make a white person, so he went into the black man dna and found in the germ that it was two people a black and brown. So he seperated the two and made brown person. They killed the darker baby and saved the lighter baby for 600 years they repeated the method and made white people after 600. And he even past down wisdom to the white people on how to rule over the darker people. But that wisdom expired because We know now, a New World is emerging..

I'm not sure if this is racist or just insane. It may be both...

It's the story of Yakub, Nation of Islam creation myth for the white man.
en.wikipedia.org...

Yakub (sometimes spelled Yacub or Yakob) is, according to the Nation of Islam (NOI), a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and was responsible for creating the white race to be a "race of devils". He is said to have done this through a form of selective breeding referred to as "grafting", while living on the island of Patmos.

The Nation of Islam theology claims that Yakub is the biblical Jacob. Mainstream Sunni and Shia Muslims do not have this belief, or anything similar to it. The story has caused disputes within the NOI during its history. Under its current leader Louis Farrakhan, the NOI continues to assert that the story of Yakub is true, stating that modern science is consistent with it.

edit on 7-7-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I believe abortion is wrong because it ends a human life before it starts.

If a sperm by itself or egg by itself is allowed to follow a natural progression on a timeline, nothing happens. The cell eventually dies.

If an egg fertilized by a sperm is allowed to follow a natural progression on a timeline, it becomes a person, full of hopes and dreams and abilities and aspirations, just like all of us.

Therefore, it is wrong to prevent this person from becoming a person before they are born for the same reason that it is wrong to prevent an infant from growing up into a full-fledged adult.

And if it is wrong to terminate ANY pregnancy, then it is wrong to terminate a pregnancy that has resulted from rape, since it is illogical to punish an unborn child for the sins of his/her father. Google "conceived in rape" for lists of outstanding humans who have contributed to society in countless ways, despite being the product of a man forcing himself on a woman.

But...all that being said, we cannot legislate the problem away.

If a woman is convinced that abortion is not wrong, then making it against the law will only force her to go underground and pursue illegitimate means of obtaining the abortion, thus increasing health risk to her.

So the problem, therefore, is NOT that it is LEGAL to have an abortion. The problem is that half of our society sees no problem with ending a human life before it starts.

And it's not as if pregnancy is some disease that just pops up out of nowhere suddenly and unexpectedly. The vast majority of abortions aren't pregnancies that have resulted from rape. They are the result of careless unprotected sex. If a woman does not want to get pregnant, she should not have sex, use multiple methods of birth control, or simply have the man ejaculate somewhere other than her vagina. It might sound like a joke, but hey...there are other holes on a woman that can't get pregnant.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Farlander because: added a space

edit on 7-7-2015 by Farlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique What if you had other children at home? You would still die to have another child? As you stated before about the term 'mother', if you are one, I am going to use that 'loosely'.

edit on 7-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WatchingY0u

I feel sorry for you but unfortunately, not enough to invest the time required to undo the mind rape you're suffering from. If you're really interested in the truth, you owe it to yourself to do a better job of looking for it and you might want to start by obtaining a basic understanding of genetics.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Farlander
I believe abortion is wrong because it ends a human life before it starts.

You don't deserve anyone to read the rest of this when you begin your post with this crap.

If there was nothing to begin with...why is there an issue???

Think Dude, just freakin think.

link   
I haven't read the thread yet. Wanted to post my own thoughts while they're still fresh in my mind.

I wish abortion didn't have to exist, but it does, and it serves a necessary function in our society. As has been mentioned, there are a variety of medical and personal reasons abortion becomes a viable alternative.

But the one thing that irks me to no end, is the lack of forethought on our part. It isn't as though contraception is hard to acquire. And yes, I know accidents happen, even with contraception. But dammit people. Lets educate our kids and ourselves as a society. This is the 21rst century. Abortions should be the exception, not the norm. How bout we take some responsibility for our actions, beforehand? Not after.

edit on 7/7/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/7/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

link   

Short response: Yes, your title is correct. Abortion is a "ME, ME, ME, affliction of many of the progressives today.
And yet abortion is the worst sort of hate for a living being that you can imagine.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join