It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LoopyLou

Mate,my son wasnt dead if you must know,they just said he would be born with cerebral palsy because there was very little amniotic fluid in the sack,and said its best we abort him,my wife said let nature take its course,if we have a child with health and mental illness,then so be it,at that point we had been through IVF for many years,many misscarriges and much sadness.I didnt have anger to begin with as such,my anger at the doctors was cause he called our son a "lost cause" cause he would die in utero (which he didnt) and then to give my wife pethidine which sent her into labour (while I wasnt there).....I hope that answered your questions. They were amazed he was still alive at 19wks,with very little fluid around him,then again he amazed them to make it to 24wks and 5 days.The reason they put her into labour was possibly to save the health system money being spent on medication and care......as at 25wks,if a baby is born premature in NZ they provide help,because any younger and the baby is not a person,cause its not 25 wks old. there ya go. What he taught me was not everything is as it seems,and life is a gift,not a priv.Things happen for whatever reason,and we have little control over things we think we can control. And then to request an autopsy on my son to see how he managed to live with such little fluid....I nearly smacked the question right out of his head.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

You know, there are honestly not a lot of topics that get me all emotionally discombobulated, abortion does it every time though. My head spins and I get all loopy. When you responded that it was personal and that people don't usually share what isn't other peoples business, I felt like maybe what you were saying, is that people shouldn't share their personal stories, because it is no one else's business.

Now, I did share and if you didn't understand that, then that is okay and I apologize for calling you out on something that you didn't do, or mean in the context that I took it in.

At the end of the day, I simply want people to remember that there is more than one life affected by abortion. No one will help the situation until they remember the woman at the center of the decision is a human being too.

Yes, I completely agree with you. That is my stance as well...the fact that people seem to forget about the woman who is ultimately the one to make the decision. This is why I think that people don't share...because it is a personal decision that is so profound that it can ultimately only be made by one person: the woman at the center of it, and when people do open up and share, it becomes this big blown-out thing that ends up being about everything but that woman. So people will not risk making themselves vulnerable in that way, only to be picked apart by strangers...and in here, that is exactly what will happen to them. People such as the OP and his ilk create threads for nothing but that simple reason, to pick on people for their own amusement. And they always seem to do it in the name of some deity...which makes it, in my humble opinion, all the more disgusting.

My apologies for not realizing that you had been sharing something...I honestly didn't see that. I tend to miss things when I am multi-tasking and it's been a hectic workday for me. I don't think people shouldn't share their stories because it's none of anyone's business. I think that people who share their stories should be given a better show of respect for having the courage to do so than some whiny, insignificant troll on the internet manipulating them into sharing in order to give themselves an easy target to take potshots at, such as the charming individual who authored this thread, for example. Nothing whatsoever was aimed at you, I promise.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

So under that logic i assume you have anti war bumper stickers and picket outside the white house or DoD everyday to express your disagreement with murder? Or prisons where they administer the death penalty. For the sake of consistency you know. I bet your schedule is booked. How many of these places do you demonstrate at in a week, id really like to know. Ill wait...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grimpachi

I will go out on a limb and say that I think he will either ignore or dismiss that scripture, however it is possible he may display some gymnastics instead.

Or try to rewrite it...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
agreed

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: TechUnique

Your abortion:
A mistake that you made that so infuriates you that you will kill for it.

How progressives twist the logic of abortion being a "right" is amazing.

Abortion, better known as infanticide, is as regressive as a custom can get...
It is age old...

& absolutely nothing to do with progressive values.

Stop the BS.
edit on 7-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

edit on 7-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: No, no, no... I will not allow my emotions to dictate my responses... Careless penmanship!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Abortion, better known as infanticide

uh...not really...foeticide, I'd accept, but a foetus is not an infant....

stop the BS!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
but both are still human..... still a form of legal killing really

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
If you cant carry viable and or healthy children, i sure hope you arent just getting pregnant and aborting them because of said reasons.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Why do I keep seeing the word "mother"...

Is that the "mother" who poisons or fish hooks a child out of the womb???

There is a much more fitting M word for that sort of person.

Yes, like the mother who was told that she was sterile after 12 rounds of chemo and multiple radiation treatments, by her oncologist and diagnosis was confirmed by her ob/gyn, yet inexplicably became pregnant during her 13th round of chemo and was unaware of it.

She had to make the difficult decision to abort the fetus because had she attempted to carry it to term, she would have died from lack of treatment for her cancer and the fetus was so badly deformed that it would have suffered painfully if it had lived at all, and her other three small kids would have been orphaned because their dad was killed in Iraq months after the pregnancy was conceived. So to afford a few painful days life to a non-viable fetus, her remaining children would be left to foster care and without either parent, and would have suffered the loss of a baby brother or sister as well.

She somehow forfeited her title of "Mother" because she chose to live and stay with her children and give her unborn baby the dignity of dying without the pain and suffering that it would have endured had it been born outside the womb? Medical science has been responsible for ensuring that births happen which would never be without medical intervention. Not every baby out there was naturally "meant to be". Our human selfishness has produced many "miracle" children that were never meant to be in the normal flow of things. And it is taken too far. Spend some time in a NICU where the preemies on the verge of death are mechanically kept alive after being mechanically conceived by people who refused to accept that they were not meant to have children...tell me they are happy and content, smiling babies, growing up carefree and functioning, healthy and hardy.

With fingers and toes falling off because they are too fragile for their own circulatory system to oxygenate their bodies. With intestines born outside their bodies, being fed back into their stomach cavity by their own weight and gravity, centimeter by centimeter inside a sterile bag hanging over the incubator that is keeping them warm enough to stay alive. Because some egomaniacal fertility doctor played a little too hot and heavy with the drug therapy so he could afford that private jet he wanted. You think that is a happy existence? Tell me they are better off like that, with limited quality of life for as long as we manage to keep them alive, because their mother (that brand of monster is acceptable, since she's repopulating the Earth, right?) and father couldn't take "no" for an answer. Playing "god". Yet somehow that is different from using medical intervention to end a life that was just as equally not meant to be?

There are babies aborted every day that are done so to spare them from medical horrors exactly like that (it's not all just last-minute birth control--but of course you weren't inferring that at all...right?), and you have the audacity to sit in judgement of the women who have to make the decision as to which is the better end to that life, who have to live with having made that decision, regardless of what it is...the unbelievable pomposity to suggest that such a woman does not deserve to be called Mother? Who exactly do you think you are? Get out of here with that garbage. You have less than zero idea of what you are even talking about. You are placing a blanket classification over something that is unique to each individual situation, and showing the extreme level of your ignorance by doing so. That doesn't make you right. It just makes you look like an overblown, narrow-minded, judgmental bully.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
to the OP, how much time have you spent helping raise the children who's mothers you have shamed out of having an abortion? when that child is starving are being beaten or sold for sex by a parent with a drug problem are you there to feed and protect them? My point is there are too many people concerned with making sure an unfit mother keeps her baby up until its born. At that point it becomes someone else's problem. well guess what? it becomes everyone else's problem. would you prefer a child live a lifetime of agony and abuse rather than to die before there is any sort of understanding or comprehension of pain. I'm not saying everyone that considers abortion is a crack head that is completely incapable of caring for a child, but many are. I am also not saying legalize all abortion and I definitely think there should be limits regarding how far along the pregnancy is. I'm just saying there is a whole range of women that get pregnant that are unfit due to drugs, alcohol, lifestyle, mental/physical disabilities, etc, that if the system works, will get their kids taken away anyway. but the system mostly doesn't work and many of these kids could grow up through constant abuse for being "the kid they never wanted but were forced to keep."

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Haven't read the thread, just can give my personal experience regarding the matter. I am pro-choice. My ex and I had an abortion when she was younger. Note I say my ex. We were young, stupid, and likely would have had to give the baby up anyway. We were not in any way shape or form ready to be parents.

We discussed all of the options, for a good solid month. She was a diabetic from birth, as was her mother, and her mother had miscarried twice. Serious medical complications both times and nearly died once. After a month of being about as adult as two 18 year old's can be we decided on abortion.

It is something I do still think about to this day. I think of the what if's. I think about what would be different. I couldn't predict the person I would become 17 years ago, and at that time I wasn't off to the best start. I play several situations in my head of what could of happened, but I do not to this day regret the decision. It is up to the individual to choose their choice. They will live with the remnants of that choice the rest of their life either way.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Ooo! Oooo! I have a solution to the abortion "problem..."

Every person who feels it is wrong may offer to support a woman considering abortion through her pregnancy (and in the case of life threatening complications, then offer to pay some agreed upon amount in case of death or loss of future income) and may also then adopt the little baby when it is born... problem solved!

If they do not wish to commit to such a financial burden, then it is asked that they keep their shallow judgements and unrealistic expectations to themselves.

Not every child is conceived to a loving parent or decent circumstances... some circumstances are outright hellish... and if it were really God's will that every baby be born, then abortion wouldn't be possible... right?

Few people are truly "for" abortion... but see it as a reality, a right, and, at times, a necessity.

Edit: and why stop at fetuses? Why don't people care about people when they are older? There are many millions of children and adults who are starving and miserable right now... likely within a few miles of where you are... why not start there, and then the abortions will lessen as poverty and ignorance is eradicated.

here's a solution that isnt stupid. give the baby up for adoption or better yet. dont have unprotected sex. sex's original purpose is to create life, not recreation. im not saying that you cant have sex for recreation. i'm just saying dont be freaking stupid when you do it. its really not hard and it prevents murdering an innocent child because you were dumb and selfish.
obviously there are exceptions, (rape, the womans life being in jeopardy) but anyone who can sit there and say its ok to Murder a child is a vile and evil piece of garbage.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Thorlongus22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Abortion is genocide. If you think genocide is horrible, then nobody should support abortion. I think it is horrible how people can take an innocent life. Abortion is murder. If anybody may think abortion is okay, then they must agree with murder and we should just release all of the murderers from prison. People will be idiots and let their whoreish daughters get pregnant over and over because they have no morals and then they will abort the baby.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
Abortion and why it's wrong

Any time someone touts abortion is wrong my first question to them is "If you and your counterparts feel so strongly about abortion, then sign up to adopted as many children that would typically get aborted, as you possibly can"

I would wager after about a year and 30+ children, for each adult, that their minds might change drastically.

Christian soldiers are all about thumping the good book, damnation, and morals until it comes down to parting with their time, money, and sanity.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
This always comes down to where you think life starts.

I don't think it starts at conception which is why I am pro choice.

So its like a really fast Evolution ??

The BIG BANG happens, then sometime later it takes form ???

I am not sure why everyone needs to rush around having children with multiple partners, keeping 2-3 and aborting 2-3.

I think these people should just be sterilized, its far FAR more humane than ABORTION.

And yes it IS a fact that the type of case I just generalized makes up the vast majority of everything, and all the rest are due to alcohol and stupidity as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: beezzer
I see a lot of people not coming up with their improved solution to the current system we have? What's your solution?

Isn't there already a solution in place like letting those who seek an abortion, for whatever private reason they may have, get the care they desire provided they have not gone past whatever current term limits are in place.

And, for those who do not want or believe in them, let the others live their lives without interference.

Why do we always want to force our own beliefs on others?

(post by Thorlongus22 removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join