It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Here is a short video I made regarding abortion.

I tried a different editing technique than usual but I'm quite happy with the result. I'm quite passionate about this subject. The numbers are absolutely staggering.. you can go to this site for an estimated live meter. They get the data from the World Health Organization.

In the USA, where nearly half of pregnancies are unintended and four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion , there are over 3,000 abortions per day. Twenty-two percent of all pregnancies in the USA (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion.

Peace
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just noticed the video rendering error at the end... I'll fix it asap.

Fixed.

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique I fail to see how this proves it is wrong.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: TechUnique I fail to see how this proves it is wrong.

Then I worry deeply for your soul.

link   
And your solution to the problem?

link   
a reply to: TechUnique

…there are over 3,000 abortions per day.

Regular factory assembly line, huh?

Disposal methods, graphic…

+46 more 
link   
Abortion is a personal choice between the woman who is pregnant and her god of choice. It may or may not include the father (I believe it should). Deciding on if it is wrong or not has no baring on whether or not the woman should legally be able to make the choice though. One can easily be pro-choice and anti-abortion, that's the whole appeal of CHOOSING.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique I appreciate that, but it is both unwelcome and unnecessary for you to worry about my soul.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Okay, so you are against abortion, great. Are you also against birth control? Contraceptives? Condoms?

Because, In my mind, you cannot be against abortion as well as birth control. If that were the case, then you are not in it "to save babies" and are just in it for woman control.

There was a thread on this site a few months ago that linked to this article.

How I Lost Faith in the “Pro-Life” Movement

It was written by a Christian lady. Perhaps you should evaluate WHY you are against abortion, and read this article. It has facts, figures, science-y stuff. It also stated that the female loses more babies naturally then abortion.

Take a read. Become enlightened.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

…there are over 3,000 abortions per day.

Regular factory assembly line, huh?

Disposal methods, graphic…

A business built on the back of child murder. Leaves a horrible taste in the back of my mouth.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I agree it is wrong but I will never attempt to dictate what another does with their own body.

They alone suffer the consequences for their actions.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t Correct, there is no pro-abortion. That would mean thousands of people want to become pregnant only in order to terminate. I also believe the father should be involved in as many instances as possible, however, the final call is the person who would be or not be entering into this with her body.

+31 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Me thinks someone is trying to launch their Youtube career.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: krosnos
I agree it is wrong but I will never attempt to dictate what another does with their own body.

They alone suffer the consequences for their actions.

This is where you are wrong. The baby has its own body, the baby also suffers the consequences of the mothers actions. (I use the term mother very loosely)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
Me thinks someone is trying to launch their Youtube career.

Can you elaborate or are you just being crass for the sake of it?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Exactly, that is why I laid the sole responsibility of the decision on the mother with the option to include the father in the decision process.

Though it would be nice if the mother would try to consider the father's opinion as often as possible. I understand that it is the woman's responsibility to carry the child to pregnancy, but if the father wants to take sole responsibility of the child after birth, at the very least his opinion should be considered even if it ends up being overruled by the expectant mother.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Now while I am against abortion, we can't completely ban abortion. The issue is if abortion is banned then many women would just go underground and often times those that have an abortion underground tend to do it in unsanitary conditions which threatens the life of the lady.

+47 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Because it's so much more compassionate forcing a mother to carry to term even though the doctors knew in advance it would be born with irreparable brain damage and most likely be stillborn....or so chronically disabled the child would never be able to survive without being hooked up to hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment and require 24/7 care even then doing nothing more than sustaining heartbeat functions and respiratory faculties until the money runs out or the caregiver can't handle the grief any longer.

You're right.
Human suffering is such a wonderful thing.

Let's outlaw abortions because obviously that cycle of preventable suffering is part of the "Divine Plan".

~ respectfully signed ~
A woman who cannot carry healthy and viable children to term.

Rub it in a little more, would ya?
I find it so inspiring.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Does your video cover if a women had been raped?

Can't watch it at this point so just wondering.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

I'm pretty sure out of 125,000 abortions a day not even 5% of them are due to 'valid' reasons. I don't know this for sure but 125,000 a day is a LOT.

Let's be generous and say that 10% of those dead babies are dead because of reasons similar to what you said. In that case 90% of babies being aborted every day are done so on what could quite easily be described as a whim.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join