It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I thought everyone was complaining that the "Progressives" are talking over and Government control.. but you want to be able to decide for a Women? your personal beliefs can't control every other Women's decision, it's her right and her choice.

Seems the Religious people are always trying to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat and make decisions for them

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Maybe it's wrong in your eyes, however in my eyes it is not. It's a touchy subject, to say the least. I'm glad you stand up for what you believe. But don't worry about my "soul" when I stand up for what I believe and it's diammetrically opposed to your view.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Seems the Religious people are always trying to shove their beliefs down everyone's throat and make decisions for them

Yes, I agree. One could even stoop so low as to call them arrogant, ignorant and audacious!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

If one wanted to stoop to their level

Those Religious Agenda people should keep in behind closed doors

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well, you've kicked a hornet's nest here, haven't you? LOL.

I very, very rarely tread into this subject, but speaking for myself, I'm in agreement with you in that I believe abortion to be morally reprehensible.

Regardless, at this stage, the arguments have long since been made by both sides, and people know what they're getting into and are going to do what they're going to do. If they can morally justify it to themselves, that's between them and their creator and if there are any consequences in whatever comes after this life, that's their problem, not mine.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

Well, you've kicked a hornet's nest here, haven't you? LOL.

I very, very rarely tread into this subject, but speaking for myself, I'm in agreement with you in that I believe abortion to be morally reprehensible.

Regardless, at this stage, the arguments have long since been made by both sides, and people know what they're getting into and are going to do what they're going to do. If they can morally justify it to themselves, that's between them and their creator and if there are any consequences in whatever comes after this life, that's their problem, not mine.

Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

biblical opinions.

That is an oxymoron, right there.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What happened when Colorado offered free birth control? Teen birthrate and abortions plummeted.

But of course it seems so many pro-lifers are anti this. And so it goes.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

"And your solution to the problem ? " I'll Answer that for her . Solution - Don't Murder Unborn Children Period . A Gifted Child could grow Up one Day and Save Humanity with their Contribution to Society as a Whole through their Thought and Insight into what it means to be a Living , Breathing , Human Being . ALL Life is Sacred , and Yeah , Even the Unwanted ones of Us...........

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

What are you talking about?

I am not seeing anything on here that points to any of the posters having made that decision and are now "arguing back and forth about it". By contrast, I am seeing the opposite...including the OP, who is a male and therefore could not have possibly ever had to make that decision. You've got people here telling others what decision to make based on absolutely nothing but their opinion, essentially. I am not sure what it is you are referring to otherwise. Has someone divulged that they've had an abortion and now are anti-abortion and somehow we missed that part? I, and others, are speaking out against the OP for condemning people who have had abortions.

Perhaps what is wrong with the entire thread is the lack of divulged information. Maybe if people like you didn't make those who shared feel like crap for doing so, maybe more people would share.

How exactly am I making "those who shared feel like crap for doing so"? I have not responded to anyone in any way who have shared their abortion experience on this thread. So far I haven't even seen anyone share that here...and why would they? The thread isn't exactly inviting people to share their story...it's sole purpose is for the condemnation of people who choose abortion, and that is a horrid thing to do to people. I think perhaps you have me confused with someone else.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

How exactly am I making "those who shared feel like crap for doing so"?

You're not. I consider your responses appropriate and reasonable.

As I said earlier in the thread, I have supported an (ex) partner through an abortion. It was not a decision made lightly, but it was appropriate and it was a personal decision.
I disagree wholeheartedly with the OP.
edit on 7-7-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Actually, she did. She made me feel like crap for caring about others and for sharing.

I forget though that this is not a place for sharing, this is a place where empathy for one another is non-existent. Where the only thing that is shared is hate and dread.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I'm sorry you felt that. I didn't get that from her posts, but then perhaps some will say that I'm a heartless foetus murderer.....

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You're not. I consider your responses appropriate and reasonable.

As I said earlier in the thread, I have supported an (ex) partner through an abortion. It was not a decision made lightly, but it was appropriate and it was a personal decision.
I disagree wholeheartedly with the OP.

Ok, well thank you for that. I am more than a little confused as to how anyone could think I condone what the OP is doing in any way, so what that poster said really threw me for a second...I try to be as plain-spoken as possible about things.

I did not see your post about your ex, I am so sorry, but thank you for sharing that. It is not an easy decision, and I think sometimes that fact escapes people, such as the OP, who make it sound as if it is just as trivial a decision as what you're going to wear on a given day or what to have for lunch. The reason for that is clear...they cannot make people out to be a monster if they acknowledge the difficulty of having to make such a decision, now can they? And there are so many different things that factor in...there is nothing trivial or ordinary about it. Your ex was lucky to have you there during that difficult time...so many women have to make that decision alone, and that is a horrible thing to have to face.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
So many Christians care little for the Bible and God's word nowadays it's a joke.

It's been months since I inquired last, so perhaps the answer is different now.

Have you read the entire Bible yet? (You've had plenty of time!)

Or are you sticking with some popular passages and devotions (or whatever)?

edit on 7-7-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Actually, she did. She made me feel like crap for caring about others and for sharing.

I forget though that this is not a place for sharing, this is a place where empathy for one another is non-existent. Where the only thing that is shared is hate and dread.

For sharing what??? I was unaware that you shared anything at all. I simply responded to something that you said about people not divulging their own stories on this thread. I said that it is probably due to the fact that it is extremely personal and private to them and they do not feel comfortable talking about it to people they don't know. How that could possibly translate to me making people feel bad for sharing is perplexing. I was simply offering a reason why some people, myself included by the way, don't tell others about their own experiences with certain things. I honestly don't understand what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

edit on 7-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am a real Christian but thanks for your concern.

It's almost hilarious when I get called a bad Christian for standing up for whats in the Bible. So many Christians care little for the Bible and God's word nowadays it's a joke.

The popular notion of 'being Christian' nowadays is more like a hippy pipe dream free for all where anyone can do anything just as long as they don't judge.

It's a joke.

Jesus would never condone Gay marriage or Abortion because God wouldn't, but when a Christian speaks out about these things from a loving place they get called a bad Christian.

What is clear is that you've got more of a "hippy [sic]" view of the unborn than is ever expressed in the Bible.

Anyone who has bothered to research what the Bible says about abortion will come to Exodus 21:22-23[ (KJV below):

If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life.

Basically, if men are fighting and a pregnant woman is injured and miscarries, as long as the woman lives, the responsible party pays a fine. To support their anti-abortion rhetoric more recent translations have been made that interpret the bit about departing the womb to actually refer to premature birth but it's completely bogus. Consider that Jewish mourning rites do not extend to unborn children. In fact, it's quite clear from Talmudic law that if a fetus threatens the life of a woman, right up until the point its head emerges in birth, it can be dismembered and removed in pieces. Don't blame me, I didn't write it. I can list other examples showing the status of a fetus being less than that of a person if you want.

I'd also recommend taking a look at Numbers 5:11-31 which deals with abortion via priests in the event that a man thinks his wife has lain with another. I'll summarize it for you: the priest makes a concoction including abortifacients, makes her repeat an oath and if she has in fact been unfaithful, she'll miscarry and become barren.

It also bears mention that presuming to know the mind of God is the epitome of hubris.
edit on 2015-7-7 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I will go out on a limb and say that I think he will either ignore or dismiss that scripture, however it is possible he may display some gymnastics instead.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join