It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I wish...but ya got me here Trolling this douche, ya got others telling him Whats What b.c. he is preaching & ranting & a MALE (kinda female topic-ish) & not christian like about it. Soooo. What really can you do beside have some fun with it.

Respects,

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: TechUnique

I'm actually a male not a female..

All the more reason why you have no business editorializing on the subject of childbirth and/or its alternatives. But of course that's not really important to the viability of your youtube channel, is it? Nothing of worth to see here, folks.

OMG THANK YOU!!!! I was waiting for a Female to Post this Back at him....

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

As the next stage of what? Abortions have been on the decline for a long long time. In fact, less than a month ago it was announced that nationwide, abortions are down a whopping 12% since 2010.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
As the next stage of a gradual change in social opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Is abortion wrong.

Well yes in my very humble opinion it is wrong.

If someone disagrees with me on this, I can understand and respect their reasons for doing so.

Do I think that ATS needs yet another of ban bait thread on the topic of Abortion, NO!

Seriously I have read this exact same thread by dozens of members over the years, I know how this show goes.

I would love nothing more than to see a note saying "please add to ongoing discussion here" being posted directly under this comment from a mod.

edit on 7-7-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Sorry. Don't know what country you are from but here in the US, women have the right to CHOOSE. It's a personal CHOICE and not one to discuss on ATS, IMHO. Many women who find themselves faced with an unwanted pregnancy got there through all sorts of ways, none of which Right to Lifer's really care about.

Every story is different, every woman's situation is different. Right to Lifers have their rights too, I understand that. But, I doubt these same individuals are going to help every single woman out who finds herself faced with this choice. It is probably the hardest decision any one of them will ever make. But at least they have the option and are able to make a CHOICE.

What about pregnancies that may kill the woman or the baby? Or those with severe birth defects? Do you know how hard it is to care for a kid born with severe birth defects? As a nurse, I do and it is NOT easy. At all. Most parents end up divorced in the first year or two and then all that responsibility is saddled on one of them. It is no way to live, honestly and the majority of these kids have ZERO quality of life.

Thank God women have access to facilities that can perform this procedure safely. Is abortion for me? No, but at least I have the choice. Take that away and I'd be very concerned with what happens...

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

originally posted by: tinymind
a reply to: woodwardjnr

With this statement I fully agree.
I once made some church people mad when they asked for my opinion on abortion.
I simply stated my personal disapproval of it; but as an American citizen I did not feel I have the right to deprive anyone else of the freedom to make their own personal decissions for themselves.
I have always believed that no one man is truely free until all men are free. This includes the freedom to make their own mistakes.
The pastor then felt it was time to change the subject.

Now you sound like a real Christian...maybe TechUnique will catch on...

I am a real Christian but thanks for your concern.

It's almost hilarious when I get called a bad Christian for standing up for whats in the Bible. So many Christians care little for the Bible and God's word nowadays it's a joke.

The popular notion of 'being Christian' nowadays is more like a hippy pipe dream free for all where anyone can do anything just as long as they don't judge.

It's a joke.

Jesus would never condone Gay marriage or Abortion because God wouldn't, but when a Christian speaks out about these things from a loving place they get called a bad Christian.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nevermind

edit on 7-7-2015 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Hahahahaaaaa much obliged...I don't know why, but at first I thought he was a female myself. I am thinking I'm not alone in that mistaken assumption, either. Not that his anti-abortion garbage would be any more valid if he were a female, but at least he'd have an actual point of reference.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This whole debate is framed incorrectly because one side of the argument is also opposed to birth control (one of the best ways to reduce abortion rates). If we'd promote birth control and proper safe-sex education (instead of crappy and ineffective abstinence only education), I'd bet that people from both sides of the political aisles would be MUCH happier.

Exactly. Our sexuality is an integral part of who we are as a species. To deny that, and repress it, is ignorance. We WILL have sex, and not just to make babies. So education and contraception is a must.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: brandiwine14

I notice a lot of the people on here, have not gone through one themselves.

It is more likely that they simply don't feel it is any of anyone else's business because it is a very personal and private decision to have to make, whatever the reason may be for making it. Therefore, they don't just divulge that kind of thing to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

Thank God women have access to facilities that can perform this procedure safely.

Sorta like when Obama called on God to bless planned parenthood and the 'wonderful work' they do.

Vomitous.

Thank you, OP for standing up for the dignity of human life.

Abortion is the murder of innocent, defenseless human life and it is abhorrent.

It is a scourge on our country, on our society, and especially on women.

Supporting abortion, and supporting the right to 'choose' abortion, makes one complicit with the murder of innocent and defenseless children.

The tide is turning, thank God and thanks to the tireless efforts of millions.

Keep up the GOOD work, OP.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Why am I not surprised that you don't have the sensitivity to understand the many nuanced reasons a woman would seek out or need abortions...?

Just out of curiosity, what are you doing to reduce the number of orphaned children in the country who were carried to term, but weren't provided a good home because the mother and father couldn't do so? I wonder how you feel about birth control as well? Somehow I think you are just against abortion and aren't open to any actual discussion on better ways to actually go about reducing abortion other than the barbaric "just ban it outright" argument.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

Jesus would never condone Gay marriage or Abortion because God wouldn't, but when a Christian speaks out about these things from a loving place they get called a bad Christian.

...and 'hateful bigots,' and 'misogynists,' and 'bitches' as one poster so eloquently labeled you in this new, friendly ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

All the more reason why you have no business editorializing on the subject of childbirth and/or its alternatives. But of course that's not really important to the viability of your youtube channel, is it? Nothing of worth to see here, folks.

None of my business you say? I am a human being. I care when people die. Don't be naive.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: Klassified

I wish...but ya got me here Trolling this douche, ya got others telling him Whats What b.c. he is preaching & ranting & a MALE (kinda female topic-ish) & not christian like about it. Soooo. What really can you do beside have some fun with it.

Respects,

Yes - this is EXACTLY the new, positive environment the moderators were demanding!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Seamrog

Why am I not surprised that you don't have the sensitivity to understand the many nuanced reasons a woman would seek out or need abortions...?

Just out of curiosity, what are you doing to reduce the number of orphaned children in the country who were carried to term, but weren't provided a good home because the mother and father couldn't do so? I wonder how you feel about birth control as well? Somehow I think you are just against abortion and aren't open to any actual discussion on better ways to actually go about reducing abortion other than the barbaric "just ban it outright" argument.

This is only part of the reason it is pointless to engage you.

My wife and I have two adopted children that the mothers were considering aborting.

Every time you open your mouth, you show your ignorance and your arrogance.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

a reply to: SirKonstantin

Hahahahaaaaa much obliged...I don't know why, but at first I thought he was a female myself. I am thinking I'm not alone in that mistaken assumption, either. Not that his anti-abortion garbage would be any more valid if he were a female, but at least he'd have an actual point of reference.

Life, and what is morally right is my point of reference.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

None of my business you say? I am a human being. I care when people die. Don't be naive.

no, you care about appearing to care. you care about making a good impression on your chosen deity. you will forget every hell-bound soul in a few moments time when you reach the pearly gates (as you believe you will) and that will be that. you wouldnt trade your seat in heaven for anything. and that says you dont actually care.
edit on 7-7-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

Yes - this is EXACTLY the new, positive environment the moderators were demanding!

originally posted by: Seamrog

Every time you open your mouth, you show your ignorance and your arrogance.

Well played.

Life, and what is morally right is my point of reference.

Whose morals? Those imposed by a stone-age death cult? Oh, the irony....
edit on 7-7-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join