It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion and why it's wrong

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
with many reasons for an abortion,does anyone think it is ...for lack of a better term "legalized killing"?
I never thought about it untill my wifes waters broke at 19 weeks,due to an "incompetant cervix",and we were told the baby would die,we opted to avoid an abortion and my wife held our son inside her till week 24,to the amazement of the doctors,who said she could die if the baby was not aborted.............needless to say my whole world crumbled when he was born at 24wks and 5days........the doctors didnt give any life support because he was not a baby,he was still just a foetus they said.(that still confuses me so much)...thats when my view of life and love changed forever. The male does have a say in the decision,but its only an opinion,it is soley the womans decision,it is her body. My son never got to take a breath,but in his short life he taught this arrogent man many things,without saying a single word. RIP son.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Reply to tigertatzen

You know, there are honestly not a lot of topics that get me all emotionally discombobulated, abortion does it every time though. My head spins and I get all loopy. When you responded that it was personal and that people don't usually share what isn't other peoples business, I felt like maybe what you were saying, is that people shouldn't share their personal stories, because it is no one else's business.

Now, I did share and if you didn't understand that, then that is okay and I apologize for calling you out on something that you didn't do, or mean in the context that I took it in.

At the end of the day, I simply want people to remember that there is more than one life affected by abortion. No one will help the situation until they remember the woman at the center of the decision is a human being too.

edit on 7-7-2015 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Solution - Don't Murder Unborn Children Period . A Gifted Child could grow Up one Day and Save Humanity with their Contribution to Society as a Whole

Or They Could Grow Up As Another Hitler, or Pol Pot or Stalin etc....

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
But if you are not a Christian...any bible verse is irrelevant to the conversation.

I dislike abortion although I'm strongly pro-choice...but my dislike of abortion has nothing to do with Jesus or Moses or Abraham or Mohammed...none of the false prophets matter.

To stop abortions you must go to the root causes. It's that simple. When we talk about abortions, for the main part, we're really talking about unwanted pregnancies. unprotected sex, single mothers who have no hope no money and no support system, drugs, alcohol, rape, no access to free or cheap birth control, prostitution. Instead of being anti abortion, you should be anti this list. And then start figuring out why young people today don't have any social skills, or friends or self esteem or self confidence and start really treating that. You get self esteem by doing esteem-able things. Like goal setting and accomplishing something meaningful.

None of this is rocket science.

Here's another hint, get your kids off the phones, Ipods, Ipads, laptops, computers and Xbox 360s for a few minutes and get them into something like Martial Arts or sports!

edit on 7-7-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
And then start figuring out why young people today don't have any social skills, or friends or self esteem or self confidence

Balls.

I see young people on a daily basis exhibiting social skills, friends, self-esteem and self-confidence.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: lovebeck

Thank God women have access to facilities that can perform this procedure safely.

Sorta like when Obama called on God to bless planned parenthood and the 'wonderful work' they do.

Vomitous.

Thank you, OP for standing up for the dignity of human life.

Abortion is the murder of innocent, defenseless human life and it is abhorrent.

It is a scourge on our country, on our society, and especially on women.

Supporting abortion, and supporting the right to 'choose' abortion, makes one complicit with the murder of innocent and defenseless children.

The tide is turning, thank God and thanks to the tireless efforts of millions.

Keep up the GOOD work, OP.

Planned Parenthood mainly provides health screenings and birth control. A very small percent of their work includes abortions.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think the most humane thing here is the 'way' babies are being murdered. Say they have problems and can't survive without a machine or something else horrible happened to bring on this situation. I can hardly agree with the way they kill them, ripping off legs and arms in the process isn't what i would call humane kind or other, it's evil and wrong. There must be a humane way of ending their life without severely maiming them causing immense pain only someone in a warzone would be forced to experience. And yes they do feel that pain whether or not you can see or hear them. It's wrenching to the core that this is still happening in a world of high technology such as this one.
edit on 7/7/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

To stop abortions you must go to the root causes.

I see what you did there!

Anyway, you're not going to stop abortions by the methods you outlined as there are naturally-occurring abortions as well, just to throw a spanner in your nicely-organised list....

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I wish you 10 babies with your significant other then 3 more babies with different people. Then strain the support structure that is your family until you force the true side out of them and are forced for government help. Please make the best of it you possibly can because many others in not as exaggerated but similar circumstances do everyday. So can you.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
you have failed to move me to belief because Jesus.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Stories that that are just a ploy to get a knee jerk reaction from the masses. It does not happen that way.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I only have 1 question for those against abortion:

Exactly how many unwanted children have you personally adopted?

After all, if you insist that a mother keep an unborn child that she knows she can't take care of, you would be the first in line to adopt it and raise it as your own, correct?

Or is it quite acceptable in your opinion, if abortion was made illegal across the world, all the sick, deformed, malnourished etc children would just lead a peachy keen life while you sit back in your private little world preaching about the evils of abortion?

I have no dog in this hunt, I just find it incredibly hypocritical that someone who professes to be against abortion does not take the other side of the coin and adopt a baby that has no one to care for it.

I have yet to meet an anti-abortionist who has actually adopted children to save them from a life of despair. I am sure there are a few out there, but they would be the vast minority of those that take the anti-abortion stance.

edit on R252015-07-07T19:25:32-05:00k257Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R262015-07-07T19:26:07-05:00k267Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R262015-07-07T19:26:38-05:00k267Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ
What exactly did he teach this arrogent(sic) man?
It's true it's very risky to keep the foetus inside , and no machines or life support can help a foetus that he been dead for 5 weeks. I'm not sure on where your anger for this man comes from? He dared to tell you that facts?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

People can be anti abortion, that's their choice, they don't have to be willing to adopt all the unwanted though. It's when they push their choices on to others with their opinion ,false information and in most cases Jesus . When they judge others without walking a mile in their shoes that irks me.
Thankfully their opinions don't matter much in my world.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I've got a solution: medically reversible sterilization for everyone, at puberty.

Those who desire children, and demonstrate some competence and education regarding the nurturing of young humans into grown adult humans can apply to have the procedure reversed when they are ready to do so.

No more unplanned conception: problem solved.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It just seems very ironic that both sides try to make an argument, but both sides stop caring at the moment of birth.

Pro-abortionists have no argument once a child is born. The point is moot.

Anti-abortionist have no argument once a child is born. They walk away and continue to live in their safe little smug worlds and could care less about what happens to the child they so desperately fought to see born.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
The point is moot.

Do you really mean that the point is open to debate?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Thank You Tech,
I don't have the the abilty to link nor most importantly the courage to take on such a topic.

I have "terminated" as I call it, two precious lives, long ago before I knew the truth and I dearly regret it.

This has nothing to do with religion but with the simple recognition of life. Period.
I have no right to terminate a life on death-row or in the womb.
Congrats TechUnique.
edit on 7-7-2015 by WalkInSilence because: Argh

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

No I meant that in a specific case, a person who is against abortion has no argument once the child is born. The point is moot at birth.

Like I said, I have no dog in this hunt... if you want to argue God, Religion, when life begins, blah blah blah... cool go for it...I simply do not care one way or the other. But that's just me. Last post from me on this, you won't drag me down into a debate about something I have no interest in debating. Waste of my time.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: aorAki

No I meant that in a specific case, a person who is against abortion has no argument once the child is born. The point is moot at birth.

So it is up for debate then?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join