It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a guy out there who doesn't cheat?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hello!
embarrassing as it is, this is my first post.

I'm just not feeling happy in my relationship because I'm pretty sure my bf is cheating on me.
I just don't get it...I treated him so good and let him do whatever he wants. I stayed faithful and trusting...but he can't do the same.

It's very hard to trust people when there's just so much available these days (facebook, the internet)...

He denies up and down that he's not cheating, but I know in my gut he is.

He suggested couples counseling so I'm gonna give it a try, but I'm not counting on it to fix this.

How can I trust a man?!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
As an outsider it's hard to give an opinion on something as intimate as a relationship. Maybe you've been hurt in the past and are looking for things too hard, making connections that aren't there. Maybe your gut instinct is dead right.

Do you think your experiences in the past make you look for this sort of thing? If so try the counselling. If not, nobody can tell you what to do, but personally I'd trust my gut instinct.

Not much help I know, but good luck in whatever you decide to do.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TealFox
To answer the question in the title, they do exist.
I have never cheated on a girlfriend, fiance or wife.
I have never had an affair with a married woman or a woman that had a steady boyfriend.
My second wife was a serial cheater.
If you think there is cheating going on you are probably right, but you will never know unless you catch him in the act.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm 42, and in my experience? No.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Good for you

it gives me hope.

Actually, when I saw the signs, I looked away because I didn't want to believe it.

We just got a place together and we're both on the lease unfortunately...it's a year lease-_-

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I, for one, don't cheat. In fact, I can't stand cheaters because they make the rest of us look bad.
I hope that things work out for you. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Trust me, counseling is not going to work, he'll probably just get pissed off. Most guys cheat because there is something they are just not getting from their girlfriend. Usually it's a sex thing. If he is a highly sexual person and your so so then that might be a problem for him. He might think your just not giving him what he wants, when he wants and how he wants.

If it's not about sex and you guys do your thing regularly then I'm not sure what it could be. But as a guy and talking with most of my guy friends, sex is usually always the reason. You know how guys are, they want it all the time, (I speak from experience of course, lol).

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's not just a guy thing. Women are just as bad, if not worse.

It's the kinda thing that happens in a materialistic, selfish and narcissistic culture. Me me me!

Get used to it? It'll only get worse if it ever gets better. I've learned to be happy being perpetually single.

Ain't so bad, actually.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks

it just doesn't make any sense....what makes people want to cheat if their relationship is genuinely good?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There tons of men that wont cheat, sorry If you Are in that situation.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I don't cheat.

Why would you think he was cheating on you? Something had to have led up to it.

As far as facebook or the internet goes - you'd have a fit if I were a bf, as my friend ratio on there is 75-25 girls-guys (most of them single), and several close female friends. I'm sure my ex girlfriend thought I was cheating as well, but in truth, I was loyal. And, in case you're wondering: The reason she's an ex is because even though she pretty much let me do whatever I wanted, I was slowly being smothered to the point it wasn't a relationship any more.

On the side - I don't know how old you are, or how long you were in a relationship, but when she brought up couple's therapy, my parents were against it, as they believed that kind of therapy was meant for "committed" (IE: Already married, or just before it) relationships. I'm surprised he recommended it, which implies either he thinks you worry too much, or he really did cheat.

-foss

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
Trust me, counseling is not going to work, he'll probably just get pissed off. Most guys cheat because there is something they are just not getting from their girlfriend. Usually it's a sex thing. If he is a highly sexual person and your so so then that might be a problem for him. He might think your just not giving him what he wants, when he wants and how he wants.

If it's not about sex and you guys do your thing regularly then I'm not sure what it could be. But as a guy and talking with most of my guy friends, sex is usually always the reason. You know how guys are, they want it all the time, (I speak from experience of course, lol).

He's highly HIGHLY sexual.

Trust me, I asked him and he said that I'm enough.

Although I can't help but not like sex as much...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TealFox
Hello!
embarrassing as it is, this is my first post.

I'm just not feeling happy in my relationship because I'm pretty sure my bf is cheating on me.
I just don't get it...I treated him so good and let him do whatever he wants. I stayed faithful and trusting...but he can't do the same.

It's very hard to trust people when there's just so much available these days (facebook, the internet)...

He denies up and down that he's not cheating, but I know in my gut he is.

He suggested couples counseling so I'm gonna give it a try, but I'm not counting on it to fix this.

How can I trust a man?!

If you want the truth the answer is... No

I was with 200 plus females since I lost my innocence, wanting a wife. It's in our nature to cheat on one another it's just a basic animal instinct don't take it to heart. i'm a great guy got a good job got a nice place and the girl that I was supposed to be married to the second time slept with my friend behind my back, so I retaliated with five of her best friends and she kept all of her friends and I was the A hole?

Money; tight, big.... none of that really matters these days.

just get what you can take what you can take and be happy with what you get
edit on 1-7-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I can sum cheating up in one quote .

"Cheating doesn't happen in a good relationship ".

I have no earthly idea who to contribute that quote to it's just been stuck in my head for years .
edit on 1-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Have you thought this about most of your ex-partners?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TealFox

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker

He's highly HIGHLY sexual.

Trust me, I asked him and he said that I'm enough.

Although I can't help but not like sex as much...

He can probably feel that you don't like sex much, maybe he feels inadequate.

Take charge and be exciting! Be like no one he has ever been with. You will both be elated. Let yourself loose! Be uninhibited.

If he wants to cheat, he will cheat anyway though. It won't matter. But if unsatisfied sex is truly the problem, that should do it.
edit on 1-7-2015 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I can sum cheating up in one quote .

"Cheating doesn't happen in a good relationship ".

I have no earthly idea who to contribute that quote to it's just been stuck in my head for years .

Yes, it actually can.

Depends on how you were raised the people you grew up around and what you really want in your life.

you're not very open-minded are you missionary is not the only position

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Yes there are guys out there who don't cheat. The problem is... ya'll don't want anything to do with them. Deep down you WANT a dog.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I guess first, we need to define what you consider cheating.

I am a flirt, but I have never cheated in any relationship. My wife accepts that I am a flirt, and is a flirt herself.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Yes there are guys out there who don't cheat. The problem is... ya'll don't want anything to do with them. Deep down you WANT a dog.

There are women who want dogs, but don't assume we all want one.

I thought the person I'm with wouldn't be a dog, but now I know ANYONE can cheat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join