It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Great job america, be proud this is a win for equality and love.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is fascism! The first thing Hitler did was promote a homosexual agenda. Then he outlawed Christianity. We all k ow the black Muslim NWO communist Obama is behind this. Us god fearing patriots need to buy moar guns and confederate flags!

(Sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I seem to be stuck in a position where I am constantly attacked by both sides for my position and honesty .

I understand what you are saying

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Oh here comes "we are being persecuted" routine.

Popcorn anyone?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Most are Anti-Government until they want the Government to enforce Laws that they want

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Ever thought and pondered on your positions? Has it occurred to you that perhaps if both sides attack you there may be something amiss?

Just saying, self-reflection is a good thing and shouldn't be feared.

Or, on the flip side...everyone on both sides might be wrong and you may have some insight the rest don't have!

Either way, exciting times we live in!

link   
a reply to: Seamrog

The God I know is a God of love. Yours is more like the other guy.

link   
a reply to: flammadraco

It's quite simple Greathouse, Human Rights should supercede Relgious Rights any day of the week.

Freedom of speech is a right all human beings are entitled to. I agree that human rights should supersede religion .

That is the exact point I've been trying to make .

That position is gladly excepted on the case of gay marriage . But that position was not excepted when people wanted to exercise their free speech by drawing cartoons .

Do you in anyway see the comparison I am making ?

link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Yet gay marriage is offensive to Islam . I did not see anyone voice that opinion on this issue .

The point is our rights are under attack and the reasoning many protesters use is hypocritical or convenient to one position but inconvenient to another so it is not brought up .

Yep, it's offensive to some Muslims (not all) just as it is to some Christians (not all) Your point being? It's a melting pot nation here, neither religion (nor any of them, for that matter) has any authoritative say over the Bill of Rights & Constitution, unless you're advocating that change? A theocracy here would be hitting the self destruct button, on all counts.

Your rights are fine. Really. You, or rather the government, just can't say "no marriage for YOU, gross people!" as a legal privilege any more than the ones back in the day yowling over ability for blacks to legally marry whites could. Either you get the gist of that, or you're being willfully obtuse.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Most are Anti-Government until they want the Government to enforce Laws that they want

Oh you...lol

Yep, people love to point fingers and spout personal responsibility until they screw up. Suddenly it gets really, really quiet. Funny how that is.

"Don't tell ME what to do, but go ahead and tell THOSE guys what to do!"

Uh, how does that make logical sense again?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
LGBT Leaders: Gay Marriage Is Not Enough

“Now that we’ve won marriage, we need immediate and concrete support for bisexual community issues like domestic violence, rape and sexual assault, poor health, poverty and suicidality,” they told The Daily Beast.

Bisexual people, especially bisexual women, experience high rates of domestic violence and have some of the worst mental health outcomes of any demographic in the U.S..

But highlighting the “T” seems exceptionally urgent after today’s ruling. Every LGBT leader who contacted The Daily Beast mentioned that issues facing transgender people, especially transgender people of color, should become a priority moving forward.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I seem to be stuck in a position where I am constantly attacked by both sides for my position and honesty .

I understand what you are saying

Thanks, I honestly think everyone else does also . But they just don't want to acknowledge it . People are too emotionally vested in one side of the issue or the other . They find people that take a middle ground and judge logically on a case-by-case basis as a threat to their opinions .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: flammadraco

I've given that answer a few times through the thread I will attempt to do it one more time. I think a little more outside the box than most people . ( lateral thinking ) While I approve of the decision on gay marriage I pointed out the hypocrisy of many protesters .

The reason given to vilify some peoples choice in exercising their freedom of speech ( drawing Mohammed ) was . That it offended Muslims .

Yet gay marriage is offensive to Islam . I did not see anyone voice that opinion on this issue .

The point is our rights are under attack and the reasoning many protesters use is hypocritical or convenient to one position but inconvenient to another so it is not brought up .

And it seems because I support that the people should exercise all rights whether I approve or disapprove of of them . I seem to be stuck in a position where I am constantly attacked by both sides for my position and honesty .

It is legal to draw Mohammed, however It is offensive. I am not Christian, but if I saw someone walk into the middle of the street and smash a statue of the Virgin Mary on the ground I say something like "What the hell do you think you are doing?" I do not want to make a law against it, though. It is not something I would protest about, neither the statue or the drawing. Others may protest either or both, though.

Gay marriage is offensive to Islam, but the constitution would trump that and we must offend. In the case of the drawing or the statue, I don't think it is something anyone should feel compelled to do. I would vilify both. Yet, at the same time, believe they are allowed to do it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Yep, it's offensive to some Muslims (not all) just as it is to some Christians (not all) Your point being? It's a melting pot nation here, neither religion (nor any of them, for that matter) has any authoritative say over the Bill of Rights & Constitution, unless you're advocating that change? A theocracy here would be hitting the self destruct button, on all counts.

Your rights are fine. Really. You, or rather the government, just can't say "no marriage for YOU, gross people!" as a legal privilege any more than the ones back in the day yowling over ability for blacks to legally marry whites could. Either you get the gist of that, or you're being willfully obtuse.

I'm not being obtuse I am being direct and to the point . Did you notice I brought up that this topic could be offensive to Muslims ?

When I brought it up all I got was ridicule which proves my position .

edit on 26-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Logic.. whats Logic?

"'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't. That's logic.'"

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Again someone drawing a picture of some relgious deity is not on par with Human Rights whatsoever.

It's folks human rights to belive in their fairytales and its others human rights to mock them if they so wish.

Human right to marriage equality is not on par with drawing pictures. Any insinuation otherwise is ludicrous!

link   

The only time people have said drawing the picture was bad was when people were going out of their way to throw it in the face of those they wanted to offend.

Unlike what some have to say, this country does not bend over backwards at the will of muslims...

link   

In 100-200 years I doubt many people in America or Europe will still cling to primitive religious practices to explain their world -- because, that's really one of the most important parts of religion, to explain the world.

Humans will be extinct in 100 years says eminent scientist

phys.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

wait...are you saying in a roundabout way we should not continue to fight domestic violence?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

And I have zero idea what the aim is by comparing gay marriage with cartoons. IMO, you blindly reached for the first thing you could grab and ran with it without further consideration. Mohamed is a religious figure & not many Muslims like idolatry much, thus imagery = no-no. Gay marriage is not a religious figure. Apples & oranges doesn't even apply, it's more like apples & moon rocks.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join