It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Well I was going to post the same thing, the majority of the African American community that votes primarily democratic does not approve of gay marriage and is conservative in many ways, there are very conservative people that vote democratic.

I had a topic on it, wondering why.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I liked this video.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: MystikMushroom

In 100-200 years I doubt many people in America or Europe will still cling to primitive religious practices to explain their world -- because, that's really one of the most important parts of religion, to explain the world.

Humans will be extinct in 100 years says eminent scientist

phys.org...

Due to Gay marriage?

link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

We shall overcome?

I think we're going to have to make a lot of painful changes, and there's going to be a population stagnation/decline.

link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Again someone drawing a picture of some relgious deity is not on par with Human Rights whatsoever.

Are you saying that exercising your freedom of speech is not a human right ?

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: MystikMushroom

In 100-200 years I doubt many people in America or Europe will still cling to primitive religious practices to explain their world -- because, that's really one of the most important parts of religion, to explain the world.

Humans will be extinct in 100 years says eminent scientist

phys.org...

Well good. Then the remaining christians don't have too much longer while us LGBTers destroy society, humanity and bring down hellfire.

This once again goes towards my whole thread (pimping my thread now) where I said why are people so affected by this? It does NOT in any way change your hetero marriage or your hetero dating...period

so move on

NOW...let's ask the REAL questions. The relevant stuff. The important things that matter

DOES hellfire come in rainbow form?

link   

All the more reason to get things right now and live out our days in harmony.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

But...but...my marriage! It's...

It's...

Strangely still intact?

My marriage is the same as it was...?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I thought we had laws that protect women and men from act of violence, but if this issue is to be brought up I am all for it as long as is beneficial to all of us collectively.

link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I'm saying that drawing a picture of a relgious deity is not on par with Marriage equality. I don't give two hoots what someone draws!

You bought Islam into this thread for absolutely no apparent reason in my mind that to derail the topic.

link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I just have this feeling I can't quite put my finger on or describe -- it's as if a sunrise or something is coming over our species, a new "daybreak" so-to speak. We are finally starting to mature as a species, we are shedding old belief systems that no longer serve any rational purpose.

Isn't that fantastic!?!? I just went to Albertson's and it's a party in there! Many gay people and allies stopping and talking with friends about what this means... It was a celebration... in the grocery store! LOL! I saw very little doom and gloom. It's hard not to get "swept up" into that positive feeling!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sadly the words of Justice Scalia after the ruling shows that is more to come, to the issue of same sex marriage.

The states can not deny same sex marriage licenses but the issue of church is another matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The only time people have said drawing the picture was bad was when people were going out of their way to throw it in the face of those they wanted to offend.

Hmmm do you mean like the protesters that burn and walk on the American flag ? That's throwing it in the Face of people also. It's something I do not like whatsoever. But I at least support the freedom of speech enough to acknowledge they have the right to do it .

Example number 12 of hypocrisy of protesters .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

We are more resilient that most give us credit for, Benevolent Heretic, enthusiasm is infectious.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Here we go again you found out your position is unattainable. You cannot directly answer any of my statements . So now despite you replying to me out of the blue . I am the one derailing the thread ?

It's funny how people take that position after they enter a debate that they've lost .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The county clerk one county over from me just issued a twitter statement saying they will issue to anyone now.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It is indeed, it's a milestone in human history that I am lucky to have lived through. I wasn't alive when interracial marriage became law of the land. I wasn't alive when mankind first set foot on the Moon.

So far my only notable historic events have been 9/11 and now this. I wish this could erase and make up for 9/11.

I can only hope more forward, species-positive progress will happen in my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Agreed, love comes in all forms and we should be able to express it freely and openly

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I liked this video.
Yes, I watched this about 4 times now. Excellent video.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
That's because you misunderstand the whole thing. Cartoons aren't illegal. Gay marriage was illegal. Nobody drew cartoons of the prophet for fun. They drew them to piss off Muslims. I'm willing to bet not even one gay person in this whole country got married for the purpose of pissing off radical Christians.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join