It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

There never WAS a debate on this. Your entire line of reasoning was flawed and fallacious as I explained. You are trying to constrain nature in human inventions. For instance, your point about the safety concerns with anal sex is silly. There are ALSO safety concerns with regular sex, and oral sex. Actually come to think of it. Why AREN'T you talking about oral sex like it is just as bad as anal sex? Species don't reproduce from there and it can be just as harmful with passing of diseases. So it reasons, according to you, that nature has decreed we shouldn't be putting our mouths on genitals either.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MonkeyFishFrog

Agreed, i just hope everyone involved with Marriage Equality doesn't disband and stop there, of course there will be those that resist but i hope that together we can unify love..

maybe it's a hopes lost dream, but i refuse to give up the fight

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It's ok, they can still marry their cousins in those states!!

Not all is lost

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I agree, jimmyx, but is one thing to refer to the god of men and the god of haven, one is humanly manufactured with the same flaws as humans, the other have no flaws and judge no one, humans judge humans.

link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is something more, going on than that, humans are to the point that will be experiencing in the coming years a shift in the ingrained set of old believes, humanity will be shaken, hopefully for the better, it is up to us to make the best of it.

this is the great weakness of religion....religion takes away man's responsibility for bad things, and assigns them to the devil or demons. on the other side, religion assigns man's good deeds to gods and angels.

link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

That's not how the majority opinion went. Nor it was how the law was written. They even changed the meaning of the word "state" as written in the law to shoehorn their decision into it. It's a dangerous precedent--obviously you want judical activism when it gets you what you want, but it could very well turn around and hurt you. Be careful what you wish for.

Like the way SCOTUS changed the meaning of the word "person", to a "non-profit or for profit corporation"?

link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

What does straight people that choose to go against what" I " consider to the common sense laws of nature got to do with having equal rights ??

Please don't twist this around to be argumentative , you know full well what I said....at least I hope you do.

edit on 26-6-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It has nothing to with weather I like Anal sex or not, but everything to do with weather it is a natural act that humans should be perpetrating on each other.

Point being , if gay men don't have anal sex ( like I have been told some don't) then this is all mute.

You seem a little too interested in anal sex, go and try it if you're that concerned! But if not and it does not have any effect on your life, shut up going on about it!!

link   
a reply to: marg6043

I just have this feeling I can't quite put my finger on or describe -- it's as if a sunrise or something is coming over our species, a new "daybreak" so-to speak. We are finally starting to mature as a species, we are shedding old belief systems that no longer serve any rational purpose.

If we are destined to explore the stars and colonize other planets, master space and make it a new frontier -- we're going to have to shed ritualistic belief systems that still glorify human sacrifice and self-punishment. We're going to have to start accepting everyone as equals, as we're all on this planet together.

Any "God" that would create people that were "better" or "lesser" isn't any kind of God I want to have anything to do with. It's shameful to believe that God would create minorities or gay people simply so they could be shunned, killed, marginalized, hated -- it's some kind of sick sadomasochist deity. How twisted and perverted is that?

link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It has nothing to with weather I like Anal sex or not, but everything to do with weather it is a natural act that humans should be perpetrating on each other.

Point being , if gay men don't have anal sex ( like I have been told some don't) then this is all mute.

That stats put it close to heterosexual couples. About 25% of all Heterosexual couples have tried anal sex at least once whereas the number for gay males is about 36%. Then the number drops to 10% regularly for Heterosexual couples and about 20% for gay males.

link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Can not argue with that, jimmyx, see here in ATS we do have great thinkers after all,

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I have trouble laying aside my sword sometimes but the second I did, I was overcome with emotion... I feel it too. We've got a ways to go but I think a huge chunk of light was just let in and the journey to the end of the tunnel just got shortened significantly.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You have turned this into rude ridicule , your right, there is no debate here, just vulgarity .

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is something more, going on than that, humans are to the point that will be experiencing in the coming years a shift in the ingrained set of old believes, humanity will be shaken, hopefully for the better, it is up to us to make the best of it.

Civilization will not attain perfection until the last stone from the last church, falls on the last priest. --Emile Zola

Never a truer thing said!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Oh, brother.

link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

You have turned this into rude ridicule , your right, there is no debate here, just vulgarity .

Granted, it's on the 15th page, but didn't you bring up teh butt secks first? If you don't want to consider every angle of the argument, why did you bother in the first place? Did you think you were going to get unanimous agreement?
edit on 6/26/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Just trying to respond to your response, but you have become rude with no debate, just ridicule.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Darth_Prime

What the hell does straight people that choose to go against what" I " consider to the common sense laws of nature got to do with having equal rights ??

Please don't twist this around to be argumentative , you know full well what I said....at least I hope you do.

:

Note to MODS - we need a "Red Arrow" for comments as well as the star system

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

It is ridiculous how people will take a preconceived notion into a response totally meant in a different direction . As I've stated repeatedly that post did not involve whether I approved gay marriage or not .

But let me tell you a story about me . About 15 years ago I had a middle size construction company . One employee a secretary brought this issue to my attention. Her and her partner elected to have a baby , after conception was achieved I congratulated her .

We talked for a while and she discussed the overwhelming financial burden it would put on them . I knew of the issue of partner coverage by insurance companies because I paid all medical insurance for my employees . I contacted my agent and had him look around to see if he could find alternate coverage for her partner . He told me no one would do it.

I then spoke with my accountant about it she came up with an excellent idea . I hired her( The secretary s) partner as a consultant on salary earning one dollar a week . That put her partner on the payroll and I voluntarily picked up her's and the babies insurance out of my pocket .

I just thought it was the right thing to do at the time I have never regretted my decision it honestly endeared many employees to me .

So instead of Assumptions about somebody stance by one reply . Maybe you should ask a question first instead of immediately attacking a opinion you don't like .

edit on 26-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Here's an analogy for everyone:

I have an ant farm. I sit and watch the busy little ants dig tunnels and carry food around. Great fun!

I decide to introduce a small number of new, different ants. I know full well that the new ants will probably get killed by the other ants because they're different.

But wait! If the new ants somehow manage to go against their biological nature and disguise themselves and act like the majority of ants, they won't be killed!

What would you think of me if I did that with other, higher animals like mammals? What about humans?

And this is why the "Christian God" that anti-gay people cling to is one I want nothing to do with. Their God is like the ant-farm keeper, doing an "experiment" with gay people to see if they can conform and not be treated badly or even killed.

No, I don't accept that as rational, just, kind, loving. None of the attributes I would attribute to a being powerful enough to create all of the universe would behave in such a manner. Only a sick, twisted person with low moral standards would treat other beings that way.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join