It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court extends same-sex marriage nationwide

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!because that is what's all about, that is the soul intention, our egocentric side is the one that can not accept what goes against the laws of man.

Now a law of men is changed and many can not comprehend the implications because they can only picture, hell, sin and the end of an era.

Is time to rewrite history and learn from now on.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I guess we all know that it doesn't matter which side is more beneficial anymore as we know we can get all kind of side effects from it a good feeling or a disease.

Be safe people.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
“No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfilment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization’s oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right.

- SCOTUS

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: wayforward

Actually there is no mistake in his reasoning. Laws adhering to Christian dogma are unconstitutional. He wasn't saying that Christians shouldn't vote, but saying that Christianity shouldn't be in the government.
The Christian Bible says "thou shalt not steal". So unless you object to that being the law, you don't object to Christian dogma being the law. Christian dogma IS a part of are law system, and it should be. What is not allowed are laws that are a violation of human rights.

Government marriage is not a human right. Its an arbitrary process that shouldn't exist in the first place. Governments have no business being involved in marriage, period. The less they are involved in marriage, the better. People who say this will lead to all kinds of other strange marriages are totally correct. One man plus five women, coming up. Where were you when the Utah polygamists wanted multiple wives? That is only a good thing if the feds are not forcing the states to adapt it. I don't care about gay marriage or straight marriage. I care about not getting morals shoved on me from thousands of miles away.

A marriage certificate is state control over who individuals are and are not allowed to have certain relationships with. That in and of itself is a rights violation. If there is a rights issue there, then the existence of marriage certificates is the violation of human rights since any two adults have a right to any relationship with each other they consent to.
edit on 26-6-2015 by wayforward because: clarity

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I refer you to a web site (sorry, don't know how to put web site's on ATS) called Web MD Anal Sex Safety and Health Concerns.

The nature thing is humans were not built to have sex in the back side what with the bacteria in the colon and all the soft tissue that might tear. I relate humans with nature in that I don't believe in gods and devils.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Holy rainbow road Batman!

It has happened! Finally!

So a few comments if I could.

1. Thank you SCOTUS! For those saying SCOTUS should not be in the affairs of the states, I have but one question. Should they not get involved when said states are discriminating? And before you attempt to charm (trap) me, let me say asap I would say the same thing if christians were suddenly discriminated against and kept from shopping/purchasing in public places, etc. Not the supposed "attack" on christianity.

2. I saw a comment earlier that Canada is ten years in the process and the world hasn't ended. I agree. As a Pan-fish myself, I think this is wonderful and agree 99%. But there is one thing I noticed. In 2005, Canada legalized marriage equality. We say all the time that the world did not end...yet in 2008, Justin Bieber hit the scene....hmmm

3. I will not forgive the anti-equality crowd because their is nothing to forgive. My creator told me it is not my job to weigh the hearts of others. It is hers. Second, I don't feel the need to forgive free speech because while I vehemently disagree with the anti-gay rhetoric, I adore free speech

Finally...

4. I think I just sneezed glitter...

link   

originally posted by: Battleline

I refer you to a web site (sorry, don't know how to put web site's on ATS) called Web MD Anal Sex Safety and Health Concerns.

The nature thing is humans were not built to have sex in the back side what with the bacteria in the colon and all the soft tissue that might tear. I relate humans with nature in that I don't believe in gods and devils.

link   

Bla bla bla - bla bla bla

Yay the SCOTUS voted for Gay Marriage!!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
For those interested...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

"We can pass all of the laws we want and talk about public policy until we run out of air, but until our society stops thinking of queer people as deviant or corrupt or sinful or in any way less than non-queer people, nothing is going to change," said Noah Michelson, editorial director of The Huffington Post Voices and founding editor of

There are many more steps...
edit on 26-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well with the taking down of the Confederate battle flag, the upholding of the ACA and now same-sex marriage -- some people's heads must be exploding.

Their world is crumbling around them, and the old paradigms are shifting. I feel as if something bigger than same-sex marriage happened today, like a tipping point or a critical mass has finally been reached. Something has changed, it feels almost like I've shifted into a parallel universe where things are slightly brighter.

If there are aliens watching Earth, they're probably saying, "About TIME..."

Anyway, wasn't there a pastor in Texas who was supposed to light himself on fire if gay marriage was legalized with the SCOTUS?

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Actually there is no mistake in his reasoning. Laws adhering to Christian dogma are unconstitutional. He wasn't saying that Christians shouldn't vote, but saying that Christianity shouldn't be in the government.
The Christian Bible says "thou shalt not steal". So unless you object to that being the law, you don't object to Christian dogma being the law. Christian dogma IS a part of are law system, and it should be. What is not allowed are laws that are a violation of human rights.

Christianity isn't the only organization that has deemed to make stealing wrong you know? Stealing was outlawed in the Code of Hammurabi WAY before Christianity even existed. Also, in the case of stealing, stealing has a victim. Actions that have victims are illegal. That isn't a religious thing, that is just a moral thing. Every society in history has outlawed victim crimes. Christianity can't take credit for making stealing wrong when it was just following the flock itself when it said so.

Government marriage is not a human right. Its an arbitrary process that shouldn't exist in the first place. Governments have no business being involved in marriage, period. The less they are involved in marriage, the better. People who say this will lead to all kinds of other strange marriages are totally correct. One man plus five women, coming up. Where were you when the Utah polygamists wanted multiple wives? That is only a good thing if the feds are not forcing the states to adapt it. I don't care about gay marriage or straight marriage. I care about not getting morals shoved on me from thousands of miles away.

Point 1: I agree, I said on page 1 that if the anti-gay marriage lobby had pursued the idea that marriage should be removed from the government instead of trying to prevent gays from marrying, I would have sided with them for Libertarian reasons.

Point 2: I DO support polygamy as long all the participants are willing adults. I also already said that in this thread.

A marriage certificate is state control over who individuals are and are not allowed to have certain relationships with. That in and of itself is a rights violation. If there is a rights issue there, then the existence of marriage certificates is the violation of human rights since any two adults have a right to any relationship with each other they consent to.

I agree. I have no problems with taking marriage out of the government. No arguments there, BUT as long as marriage IS in the government it must be administered fairly. Thems the rules.
edit on 26-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It might be time for a cake-walk and bake-sale parade !!

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

It has nothing to with weather I like Anal sex or not, but everything to do with weather it is a natural act that humans should be perpetrating on each other.

Point being , if gay men don't have anal sex ( like I have been told some don't) then this is all mute.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

As long as you carry the meaning of "words" to this extreme then its a matter of opinion and no debate.

SEE YA!

edit on 26-6-2015 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
For those interested...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

"We can pass all of the laws we want and talk about public policy until we run out of air, but until our society stops thinking of queer people as deviant or corrupt or sinful or in any way less than non-queer people, nothing is going to change," said Noah Michelson, editorial director of The Huffington Post Voices and founding editor of

There are many more steps...

Unfortunately, part of the rhetoric you are going to be facing will go something like this: "Well you got the right to marry, what else do you want?", "Isn't gay marriage the same as equality?"

We're battling to end an antiquated and discriminatory policy held by our blood services that puts a ban on gay men in particular from donating blood. They gave a laughing little, gay men can donate but only after remaining abstinent for a year.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gay people have been getting married and having sex for a while now, but now that some U.S. senators have signed a piece of paper, it's the last straw? Why is the U.S. so important? I would hope God would think our war crimes were a little more appaling than two consenting adults getting married.
edit on 6/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Is something more, going on than that, humans are to the point that will be experiencing in the coming years a shift in the ingrained set of old believes, humanity will be shaken, hopefully for the better, it is up to us to make the best of it.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

you do know that the an unwritten law against stealing from another person, has been around for thousands of years before Christianity...to say Christians are the ones that invented this, or even that the Christian god invented this, is truly ignorant.

link   

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, how did you twist what I said into telling you what you do is not right ????

I said , just because straight people have anal sex does not make it right as you suggested ... GOT IT ???

link   
As to flinging bible quotes around like rubber bands, and trying but hilariously failing to somehow link gay marriage with Islam, this is all I have to say on those fails:

Churches still retain the freedom to say "Lol, hell no" to officiating gay marriages, so it's wisest to just acknowledge that, suck it up & get on with life. The churches are still legally a-okay to stay in the stone ages. It's the civil side of marriage that was long overdue for being equal, and we're now one small step closer to actually being able to say we're a land of freedoms to be envied. Small step, but it's a step regardless.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join