It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Says He Can't Tell Jokes After Charleston Church Shooting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So since the killings of 9 people, i have learned that its the liberal media, hollywood heavy weights and obamas fault for the killings, oh i forgot to add its also the thug life fault.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
but for real is Fox News' fault

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
So since the killings of 9 people, i have learned that its the liberal media, hollywood heavy weights and obamas fault for the killings, oh i forgot to add its also the thug life fault.

Obama didn't pull the trigger. Some racist #stain did.

Obama and the media is just capitalising on it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Yea i am comfortable with blaming Fox News on this one as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Nooooooooo! DON'T SAY THAT! IF YOU SAY THAT, YOU BASICALLY BLAME OBAMA FOR IT!!

So I'm told anyway.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Obama didn't pull the trigger. Some racist #stain did.

Obama and the media is just capitalising on it.

The truth has no place in the blame game! Sheesh Beezer! Political finger pointing would become extinct if people learned how to use common sense?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are right racial tensions are real........Why are they still growing should be the question. I believe they are still growing because of guilt,fear,apathy,lacking empathy.

I will say it again we are all equal under the constitution.....Am I wrong? Does skin color really matter? John like I said before is playing into this sad event instead of looking at the root fixes this problem really needs.

The constitution?

Until the constitution is applied equally, it's not really applicable is it?

If I might draw an analogy...My check ain't worth Jack **** until I put money in the bank.

In my part of the country [SWUSA] there are families living here that trace their history back before the constitution was even drafted and they are second class citizens and viewed as "Mexicans" because of having brown skin. And the Native Americans that were placed on "Reservations" still living in abject poverty..... Where was/is the constitution for them?

I admire your idealism....can't say the same about your grasp of reality.

The ultimate reality of the racial, cultural and societal aspect of America is that the system is broken, can't be fixed politically and we will be a 3rd class nation, divided, and going down never to reclaim our once great heritage, of Home of the Brave, Land of the free. That's all gone.....
edit on 19-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Obama called out Fox News about a month ago on all of its BS, Conservatives went ape sh*t, saying he wanted to control the media.

He's pretty much spot on.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Obama called out Fox News about a month ago on all of its BS, Conservatives went ape sh*t, saying he wanted to control the media.

He's pretty much spot on.

Do you deny or confirm we have a 2 party system?

The government IS controlling the media! Who the hell do you think the lobbyists are? Citizen groups? NO corporations! The media is corporations! The left/right paradigm is a control mechanism to create the division we are all suffering from, YET you choose to blame one end of the snake?

Surely your joking right?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
no, not joking. I am blaming the hurtful, racist end of the snake (so to say).

The other end is more centralized and doesn't lie as much.

I understand that both sides have their faults, but lord all mighty!!!... THe Republicans are waaaaay worse!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Meh. As somebody who supports a third party, I think both parties suck. They both suck hard. They just do it on different issues.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

so you support an independent party?

The democratic party these days is pretty central on topics, probably bc the republicans have gone off the deep red right side of everything.

Everyone has their morals, views on abortion, equal pay, etc. To say you do not connect to either party is to say you do not know your own views and are afraid to identify.

So tell me your views and I can guess which side you lie on.

What do you think about gay marriage? abortion? global warming? Obamacare?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I already know which side I'm on, and which party I support. I don't need you to try and guess it.

If you want to know people's political affiliations, make a thread for it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Meh. As somebody who supports a third party, I think both parties suck. They both suck hard. They just do it on different issues.

Sorry to hijack, just you said you supported a third party. You don't seem to identify with either of the major 2 parties so that's is why I came to my conclusion.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am the same way. I think both of the major parties are equally off the deep end. Someone claiming the left is a lesser evil is just as humorous as someone claiming the right is.

edit on 19-6-2015 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

Im gonna go ahead and throw this out there...

You are probably a conservative that is embarrassed by their party and does not want to identify with it bc it is a joke. YOu sure as hell are not going to identify with being a liberal so you are saying (or typing) what you do.

Am I right?

Not that you will ever admit to this but that is what I read from you and the one above that is like you.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I do support a third party, despite the fact that it is pretty hopeless for all intents and purposes.

I don't support either of the two main parties all the way down the line. Liberals have some things right, conservatives have other things right.

To echo what LoverBoy said, I think both parties are equally deluded. They're just deluded about different subjects.

But, as I said, if you want to know people's political affiliation, make a thread for it.

ETA - and your comment to LoverBoy exemplifies my point: you're so deluded that you can't understand somebody not supporting "the liberal cause" that the mere mention of the idea that somebody identifies with a third party sends you into a "well you're probably just a republican who's scared to admit it" death spiral. It's like you can't conceive of why somebody might not be a party-line liberal.

But yea, liberals are totally centrist. *eyeroll*
edit on 19-6-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I made a new thread, please join

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
I was going to reply to his post, but you seem to have summed it up pretty well beforehand.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I think that the Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore responds well to your point with his opening last night. Later in the show some members of his panel described feeling that this was actually an act of terrorism because the killer committed this act with a specific political agenda. His stated goal was to kill black people. His ultimate goal is to start a race war. I have to admit that not being African American I did not see it that way from the start... but I can truly see their point. This was an act of terror if you are black. That show broadened my view on this issue. Maybe it could do the same for you. Here is the link if you have the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join